Donghae's Birthday

Change

 

“So Min,” Minseo smiled and hugged me tightly as Mo Nii and I reached the restaurant.

“Minseo,” I smiled and hugged her back. "You haven't changed and god I've missed you." I muttered and looked at her from head to toe.

“I’ve missed you too.” She said and looked at me from head to toe and back up as well. “I see you two ended together.” She chuckled.

“Ne,” I smiled nodding.

“Minseo, I need a little help with this cake.” Mo Nii said from doors.

“I’m coming.” She said and ran out, after Mo Nii. I looked after them for a second, but then walked around, seeing that everything is prepared; even gifts from guys.

“I thought Wookie will bring it sooner…” Mo Nii muttered as they came back. I turned around and looked at Mo Nii who was carrying sweets and candies, while Minseo was carrying a cake.

“Can I help with anything?” I asked.

“Ani,” they both smiled.

“You should rest,” Mo Nii smiled.

“I’m not that weak.” I pouted.

“Still, you should rest.” Minseo said. I pouted even more as I crossed arms on my chest.

“Humph,” I looked away.

“Well, you can sort serviettes on the table if you want.” Minseo said as she came back from kitchen. A wide smile crossed my face and I nodded, walking towards kitchen, like a happy kid, who just got what he wanted.

~Leeteuk’s POV~

“Is everything ready?” I asked Eunhyuk that just came out of dressing room back to practice room.

“Ne,” he nodded.

“Okay,” I nodded and turned to Sungmin. “After we’ll end, around 4pm, you’ll go with Kyuhyun, Kangin and Eunhyuk back to the dorm and bring us clothes, as well as Donghae’s, arraso?”

“Ne, hyung,” he nodded.

“Guys, listen up!” Manager suddenly came to us. We all gathered around and listened to what he has to say. “Since you’ve done great job today, you can go home now.” He smiled.

“Bwoh!?” Sungmin, Eunhyuk and I screamed. He looked at us confused by our reaction.

“What do you mean by that manager?” I asked as I pulled him away.

“You’ve been working since 5am in the morning, so you can go home sooner.” He said.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. We have a surprise for Donghae, so we can’t go home sooner.” I said.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” I heard Donghae from behind.

“Nothing,” I smiled nervously.

“You’re done for today. You can go home.” Manager smiled, making me glare at him.

“Aish,” I cursed and stomped to our dressing room.

“Hyung don’t worry, we’ll distract him for this hour or two.” Eunhyuk said. I looked at him and then at Donghae who just came in.

“Arraso, I’m counting on you.” I smiled and patted his shoulder. “Let’s change and go back to dorm.” I muttered.

~Kyuhyun’s POV~

Suddenly Leeteuk glanced at me, knowing what I should do; call Mo Nii. I quickly changed myself and ran out of the dressing room into hallway. On the way there I took my phone from my pocket and dialed Mo Nii’s number.

“Yeoboseyo?” she picked up.

“Mo Nii, change of plans.” I said right away.

“Bwoh?” she squealed. “What do you mean by that?” she asked.

“We ended with our schedules right now and guys are changing. We’ll be at dorms around 3.30pm.” I said.

“But we still have some work to do.” She muttered.

“Well, we’ll try to distract Donghae for an hour or two, but I’m not sure if it’ll help.” I said.

“Aigoo,” she sighed. “I’ll give you Minnie,” she muttered.

“Arraso,” I said. There was a silence for a minute.

“Yeoboseyo?” asked So Min with quiet voice.

“Minnie it’s me,” I said.

“Ah, Kyu oppa.” She said. “I heard from Mo Nii that you’ve just ended with today’s schedule.” She muttered.

“Ne,” I nodded.

“We still didn’t end with preparations yet, so we’ll need some help.” She said, thinking.

“Arraso, who do you need?” I asked.

“Hm,” she started thinking. “Let Kangin, Eunhyuk, Henry and Siwon stay with Donghae so he won’t suspect any much.” She started. “As for Leeteuk, Sungmin and Yesung … I need them to go to dorm right away, because I have in my room his gift; I forgot it…” she muttered.

“Arraso,” I nodded. “What about Ryeowook, Zhou Mi and me?” I asked as I realized only we were left.

“I’ll need you three here.” She said.

“Arraso,” I said. “I’ll tell them. Do you need anything else?” I asked.

“Ani … that would be everything.” she said and added: “Well, I’m going back to continue with my work.”

“See you in few minutes.” I said and hanged up. As I put my phone back into my pocket, I turned around and walked back into dressing room. I looked around to see if Donghae was anywhere near, but luckily he wasn’t.

“Guys, listen…” I started. They all glanced at me. “I just talked with So Min and she told me next. Kangin, Eunhyuk, Henry and Siwon, you’ll stay with Donghae.” I said and looked at them.

“Arraso,” they all nodded.

“Leeteuk, Sungmin and Yesung you three have to go to dorm and bring So Min her gift she forgot.” I said and looked at them. They only nodded.

“Ryeowook, Zhou Mi and I will go to the restaurant and help her prepare to the end.” I said. Ryeowook and Zhou Mi both nodded and right then Donghae came in.

“Oh, Kyu, you’re ready already?” he was surprised.

“Ne, hyung.” I smiled. “I quickly changed.” I scratched the back of my neck.

“You’re funny,” he laughed and ruffled my hair. I looked at him worried, since he was acting strangely. Then I looked at others who were changing ahead.

“We’re going,” Leeteuk said as they changed.

“Where are you going?” Donghae asked and looked at them surprised.

“We have some business to take care of.” Sungmin smiled.

“Aso,” he muttered and smiled.

“See you later,” Yesung said and walked out after Leeteuk and Sungmin.

“We shall go as well,” I said and looked over to Zhou Mi and Ryeowook who nodded.

“You three too?” he was even more surprised. We all nodded.

“See ya,” Ryeowook smiled and walked out of dressing room. “I hope he doesn’t suspect anything yet.” He whispered outside the room.

~Donghae’s POV~

“Shall we go?” Eunhyuk smiled widely as we all got dressed.

“Ne,” I nodded and followed Henry outside. “Henry,” I started.

“Dae, hyung?” he asked.

“Do you know what’s going on?” I asked.

“Ani, waeyo?” he asked surprised.

“Everyone’s acting a little strange, don’t you think so?” I muttered.

“Ani,” he chuckled. “It’s only your imagination, hyung.” He said and patted my back.

“Only my imagination?” I repeated after him as I stopped for a second.

“Hae, let’s go,” Eunhyuk called as they were already at exit.

“Ne~” I smiled and ran to them.

~So Min’s POV~

“Minnie, here is the gift you said you need.” Leeteuk said as Sungmin gave me bag.

“Gomawo,” I smiled and put it next to other gifts.

“You need anything else?” Yesung asked.

“Ani,” I shook my head and looked over to Ryeowook, Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun who were helping Mo Nii. “You can go to the dorm, so Donghae won’t suspect a lot.” I looked at them.

“Arraso, if you need anything else, just call.” Leeteuk said.

“Ne,” I nodded. “See you in an hour.” I smiled and waved as they walked out of restaurant.

“They’re going back?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked to me.

“Ne,” I nodded. “I sent them back, since Donghae is already suspecting something.” I said.

“Eh?” he was shocked.

“But don’t worry, I calmed him down with saying that I’m with Mo Nii at her parent’s house.” I smiled.

“I don’t think he bought that…” he muttered.

“We’ll see about that later.” I chuckled and walked to Minseo.

~5pm~

“They’re here,” Mo Nii came running in the room. I looked thru window where I saw black van parking.

“You go out and wait for them. I’ll be behind you.” I told them. They nodded and walked out. I looked around to see if everything is prepared.

“Balloons; check. Sign; check. Sweets; check. Drink; check. Okay; everything is ready.” I muttered and walked towards Minseo. “Turn off the lights and when Donghae will be the first one to walk in, turn them back on.” I said.

“Arraso,” she smiled nodding.

“Gomawo,” I smiled.

“Gwenchana,” she waved with hand and turned off the lights. I walked out and stepped beside Mo Nii as guys stepped out of van.

“Minnie, can you wake Hae? He doesn’t want to wake up.” Eunhyuk whined as he stepped out.

“Arraso,” I chuckled and walked towards them. As I looked inside I saw Donghae sleeping on the back seat.

“Donghae-ah,” I called him and gently shook him. He murmured something, but slept ahead.

“Wakey, wakey, Hae-ah…” I sang and pecked his cheek. He slowly opened eyes and looked at me. “Morning,” I smiled and quickly kissed him on the lips.

“It’s morning already?” he asked surprised.

“Ani, it’s only evening.” I chuckled. “Come out, everyone’s waiting for you.” I added and walked out of van, seeing that everyone walked inside.

“Where is everyone?” Donghae asked as he stepped out of the van, looking around.

“They’re inside,” I said and pointed towards doors.

“Whoa, it’s that restaurant.” He smiled widely. “I wonder if Minseo is still working here.” He said.

“She is,” I said.

“Jinja?” he was surprised.

“Ne,” I nodded and took his hand. “Let’s go.” I smiled. He nodded and we both walked towards restaurant.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Minseo greeted as we walked inside.

“Minseo,” Donghae smiled and gave her a hug. She was surprised at his sudden action, but still hugged him back. “You’ve changed.” He said as he looked at her.

“Same goes for you too,” she said. “Please,” she added and showed us the way to the dark room. Donghae held my hand as we both walked there. I glanced back at Minseo who only nodded, telling me that everyone is there.

“Wae is it dark?” Donghae asked, pouting as we stepped inside.

“Surprise~” everyone sang as the lights went on, revealing everyone.

“Bwoh?” Donghae screamed.

“Happy Birthday babe.” I smiled and kissed him.

“Omo,” he murmured and looked from me to everyone and at the room. “Omo,” he smiled widely as everyone wished him happy birthday.

“Since when?” he asked and looked at me.

“Since the start of the month?” I smiled.

“I knew something was up, but I never knew that this was what was up.” He chuckled and hugged me. “Gomawo,” he said and pecked me on cheeks.

“Thank everyone. They were helping me more than anything.” I said.

“Kamsahamnida,” he bowed to everyone.

“Aish, jinja…” Leeteuk said. “It’s our baby’s birthday today, so eat everything you want.” He smiled.

“Gomawo, hyung,” Donghae smiled.

And the party … started. Just like on Henry’s birthday, we were playing games today as well; telling jokes and even ghost stories.

“Minnie, aren’t you scared?” Mo Nii asked as I was remaining calm, while she was shivering.

“Ani,” I shook with my head. “I’ve always loved ghost stories.” I chuckled.

“She’s a ghost lover,” Kyuhyun said. “Ever since she was little, all you could hear was telling ghost stories on every 31st October.”

“Oh come on, it wasn’t that bad.” I chuckled.

“Oh yes it was,” Kyuhyun nodded. “You were telling those stories so realistic that I couldn’t sleep no matter how much I tried. And even when I was playing games I got distracted.” He muttered.

“Then tell us one.” Donghae suggested.

“Ani!” Mo Nii and Kyuhyun said at the same time. I looked at them and laughed as their face was pale.

“Come on, it’s just one little story. It can’t be so awful.” Yesung smiled.

“If you don’t want to listen, you can go home.” Shindong laughed.

“I-I’ll stay…” Kyuhyun stuttered. I looked at Mo Nii who only nodded, remained silent.

“Which one shall I tell…” I muttered as I was thinking.

“How many do you know?” Kangin asked.

“Two, three…” I said. “But they’re really good ones, since even movies and drama was directed.” I smiled.

“Titles?” asked Yesung with wide smile.

“Soul, Muoi; the legend of a portrait and Tormented…” I answered. “Tough Tormented was a failure…” I added murmuring.

  

“Tell us about Muoi,” Donghae said. “It sounds interesting.”

“Muoi, the legend of a portrait then?” I asked and looked at others. They looked at each other and nodded, gulping. “If you don’t want to listen, I won’t tell it…” I said.

“A-ani, it’s okay…” Leeteuk laughed nervously. “It’s just that the title is already scary.” He said.

“One thing,” Siwon spoke. I looked at him. “How does it end?” he asked. I bit my lower lip.

“She survives,” was everything I said.

“Then everything is good,” Ryeowook smiled. I looked at Mo Nii and Kyuhyun who were nodding, agreeing with Ryeowook.

“Minseo,” I suddenly called her. She walked to me and leaned closer. “Bring me a lot of water. It’s going to be a long night.” I said quietly to her. She chuckled and nodded, walking away.

“Shall we start then?” I smiled at guys who nodded and leaned back on their chairs. “Okay,” I said and took a deep breath.

“It starts with Yunhee, a South Korean writer, who is under pressure by her editor to produce something of interest for her next book.” I started. In the mean time Minseo brought me water, so I could drink when I’ll be thirsty.

“She hasn’t had a book published in three years and is all too cognizant of this fact, but things look up when her old friend, Seoyeon, calls from Vietnam.” I stopped for a second, seeing that everyone is calmly listening to me. “Seoyeon informs her about a local Vietnamese folklore centered on a girl named Muoi and her haunted portrait. It just so happens that in Yunhee’s prior novel, she wrote a semi-autobiographical tale, concerning her friends, titled Secret and Lies. In the book, Seoyeon was portrayed in the most horrible manner, but Yunhee is sure that Seoyeon hasn’t read the book as she has been living in Vietnam for years. So in the end, Yunhee eagerly flies to Vietnam to learn more about Muoi.”

“It doesn’t sound like ghost story…” Yesung muttered. I chuckled, suddenly making Kyuhyun frozen.

~Yesung’s POV~

“Y-y-y-you…” Kyuhyun stuttered and pointed on So Min.

“Dae?” So Min asked calmly and took a sip of water.

“You just chuckled like when you were a kid.” He said.

“Ne,” So Min nodded agreeing.

“So?” I asked confused.

“She chuckles like that every time someone says that it doesn’t sound like a ghost story.” He said. “But in the end we couldn’t even fall asleep, while she was sleeping like someone killed her.” he shivered.

“Shall I continue?” So Min asked with a smirk.

“It’s already too late, since you have this smirk on.” Kyuhyun muttered. I looked from So Min at Kyuhyun. Such a difference. So Min was calm, while Kyuhyun can’t wait for the story to end, though it only began.

“You mean to say that Minnie is already in the mode of telling a story?” Shindong asked.

“N-ne,” Kyuhyun nodded. “When she chuckles like that. When she smirks like that … there’s no way out. You can’t stop her. You have to listen to that story, unless you walk away before, but you can’t … you can’t walk away, it pulls you back everytime you want to stand.” He explained.

~Leeteuk’s POV~

To hear Kyuhyun saying that, I suddenly wanted to walk away, trying to not listen to the story, but my legs didn’t move. I felt like I was glued on the chair. I looked at So Min who looked at me and smiled.

“Now that’s creepy,” I said nodding, earning looks from everyone. “I already can’t move…” I muttered.

“Later it will be even worse.” Kyuhyun said.

~Sungmin’s POV~

“What do you mean by that?” I asked. Though I like ghost stories, I wonder how it looks when So Min is telling them.

“You won’t be able to go to bathroom.” He cried. Kyuhyun just cried. He cried!

“Is it that horrible?” Kangin laughed.

“Keep laughing, hyung,” Kyuhyun muttered. “You’ll see after one hour. You won’t drink or eat, that scared you’ll be.” He said.

Is it really that horrible? I thought as I looked at So Min who was only smiling as she was listening to Kyuhyun.

“Shall we continue?” Donghae asked. I looked at him; he was calm.

What the heck? Kyuhyun is scared, Donghae is calm? What the heck is going on!? I thought as I was looking from one to another, because mostly it's the other way around; Kyuhyun calmed, while Donghae is scared.

“One more thing…” Kyuhyun quickly said. We all looked at him. “I don’t know for this time, but when she was younger it was like she’s possessed when she’s talking.”