Sungmin

Change

As I was walking down the street, my chest started hurting, making me breath quickly. I stopped a little and leaned on the wall, which was close. Holding my chest for a while and taking big, long breaths, someone patted my shoulder, making me startled. I turned around seeing Seung Gi in front. A wide smile crossed my face instantly.

“Everything okay?” he asked worriedly. I lightly nodded and looked on the road, where suddenly bus passed by.

“Oh great,” I sighed and looked down.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“My bus just passed by.” I answered.

“Your bus?” he was confused. “Don’t tell me you were going to hospital in this state by bus?” he emphasized the word bus. I nodded and looked on the bus station that was hundred meters in front.

“Don’t even think about it.” he said and took my hand. “We’re going by my car and that’s it.” he added. I didn’t say a thing. Mostly I was relieved that he ran into me. In the car, we were silently driving, until he decided to break the silence.

“Okay,” he started, making me look at him. “What’s going on? I thought you’ll shut me up or made your way away when I took your hand, but here you are all quiet. Did something happen?” he asked. I bit my lower lip and looked thru window: “No,” whispering.

“Liar,” he said.

“Just go to the hospital already.” I murmured.

***

“You seem okay, though you’re losing weight again.” Sammy said. “Otherwise, twins are okay, without any trace of them being infected by cancer.” she smiled.

“Good to know,” I smiled relieved and caressed stomach. “Did you hear? You better don’t get my disease.” I chuckled and looked back at Sammy that was looking around, but quickly looked at me. “He’s not with me.” I said.

“Did you guys fight?” she asked. I lightly nodded. “You know it’s not good for your babies.” she sighed.

“I don’t know Sammy...” I muttered. “It’s just that I’m getting more and more scared. I’m scared of leaving forever. I know God has other plans for me, but it’s just ... so painful.” I whispered.

“Look, no matter what he did, he did it for you and I’m sure about that.” she said.

“Does cheating count?” I asked, looking at her. Her eyes widened and then she chuckled. “What?” I was confused.

“Donghae would never cheat on you, Minnie.” she said.

“Why do you think so?” I didn’t believe her.

“First; he loves you. Second; he swore to God on your wedding day. Third; he made you pregnant. And lastly; there is no way he would cheat on you.” she said. I bit my lower lip and looked away. “Did you let him explain?” she asked. I shook my head, making her let a sigh out. “You know it’s mostly your fault, right?” she asked. I lightly nodded.

“I know it's my fault...” I whispered. “But what hurts the most is that they all know what happened between Donghae and Ae Cha. I’m the only one who doesn’t know a damn thing about anything. I even feel like I’m a burden...” I looked at her with teary eyes. She didn’t say anything; she only quietly listened to what I said.

“Since it’s already the time, I should go.” I smiled and slowly stood up. She stood up as well, helping me.

“Is there something else that I should know?” she suddenly asked. I nodded, not wanting to keep a secret from her.

“I realized that from time to time my chest starts hurting and I start breathing quickly.” I explained. She quietly sighed, with closed eyes.

“When December will come...” she started. “You’ll come to hospital.”

“Arraso,” I smiled. “It really is getting to the end, huh?” I chuckled awkwardly.

“You still have one month and more than half left.” she tried to sound happy, to lighten my mood.

“Yeah, you're right.” I smiled. “Thank you, for everything.” I said as I looked into her eyes. She smiled as well and hugged me, patting my back.

“Come on check up every week, on Friday.” she said quietly. I only nodded as I hugged her back.

***

“Are you sure about this?” Seung Gi asked as we were standing in front of dorm. I quickly nodded, knowing that they're still not back at the dorm, except for Mo Nii.

“Let’s do this.” I said confidently and we both walked inside the building.

After we reached 11th floor we tried to walk inside, but the doors were locked.

“Mwoh?” I was surprised. “I-isn’t Mo Nii home?” I asked myself as I unlocked the doors. I opened them, revealing everything in silence. I stepped inside, seeing my bags already on the hallway, waiting.

“I didn’t drag them here.” I said and then I saw a folded white paper on the locker.

Why do I have a bad feeling? I thought as I took it with trembling hands. Seung Gi was on doorstep, looking at me with worry shown on his face. I unfolded the paper, seeing one word written there: Key.

“I see,” I whispered and took the key down, placing it on top of the paper. Then I looked at Seung Gi and smiled. “It seems they don’t want me here anymore.” I said.

“Do you need help?” he asked. I nodded, looking down, since I couldn’t stand it anymore. Seung Gi walked inside and took my suitcases.

“Where should we go?” he asked.

“I’ll go to hospital,” I smiled.

“You sure?” he asked again.

“Yes,” I nodded and walked out, closing the doors behind. We walked towards elevator when the doors suddenly opened, revealing Kyuhyun and Donghae. They stopped as they saw me and Seung Gi with my suitcases.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs.” he said. I only nodded, without taking my eyes away from Donghae and Kyuhyun. As soon as the doors of elevator closed, Kyuhyun asked: “What are you doing?”

I ignored his question and bowed as much as I could.

“I’m sorry,” I said and looked at Donghae. “I’m sorry...” I tried to say more, but words couldn’t come out no matter how hard I tried. Then the elevator opened again, revealing Mo Nii.

“Hey guys, do you know why Se...” she stopped in the middle of her question as she saw me. “So Min,” she called me. I smiled lightly.

“The key is in the hallway on the locker,” I started and pointed on the doors. “And, I”ll be in hospital from now on.” I added smiling.

“W-why?” asked Donghae with quiet voice.

“The truth? I don’t know. It’s just that it feels like I’m a burden to you, so I’m going.” I answered smiling.

“Why are you saying this?” asked Mo Nii with broken voice. “I told you to stop it.”

“Mo Nii,” I strictly called her name as I was looking at her and then looked at Donghae and Kyuhyun who were standing there all shocked. “Stop it,” I begged. I slowly passed them and walked into elevator.

***

“So this is what happened...” Sammy sighed as I was, already, lying on the bed in hospital. “Well, I’m happy that you came to hospital, but not happy that you didn’t make up with Donghae.” she said. I chuckled at her statement. “You finally laughed a little.” she added, smiling. I looked at her surprised and then blushed lightly.

“Here’s one hot chocolate for you.” Seung Gi smiled as he walked inside. I smiled widely and clapped with hands like a little kid. Sammy and Seung Gi both laughed at my reaction, making me to blush again.

“So do you have any other patients or just me?” I asked, trying to change the topic, which I succeed.

“I have you and another one.” she smiled. “It seems they still don’t trust me.” she sighed.

“Don’t worry, it will pass.” I waved with hand.

“Hope so,” she muttered smiling.

“Of course it will. They’re not bad. On top of that, what kind of disease has the other one?” I was interested.

“Same as you,” she answered. “Bone cancer,” on top of that, she’s pregnant as well.” she added. My eyes widened as doors suddenly opened, revealing a long haired brunette with a big stomach as well.

“You’ve come?” Sammy smiled and stood up. Brunette girl smiled and slowly walked inside with the help of nurse. She was skinny and pale.

“Ha Neul, this is So Min and So Min, this is Ha Neul.” Sammy introduced us. I waved smiling and she did the same.

“When do you have the date?” I asked Ha Neul.

“Valentine,” she answered smiling and sat on the sofa chair that was in the room. “You?” she asked.

“Christmas,” I smiled back.

“I’ll be going then.” Seung Gi smiled and kissed my forehead. I lightly nodded as I looked at him. “I’ll come soon,” he added.

“Arraso,” I smiled and waved. He waved as well and left the room.

“I’m going too...” Sammy smiled. “Chat as much as you want.” she said and left the room as well. The nurse, who was with Ha Neul, left with Sammy as well, leaving us alone.

“Was that your husband?” Ha Neul asked.

“Who? That black haired man with stunning smile?” I asked. She nodded. “Ani,” I laughed. “He’s just my friend.” I said.

“Then who’s your husband, if I may ask?” she asked.

“I’m Cho So Min, Ha Neul.” I smiled. Her eyes suddenly widened as she gasped.

“Jinjja!?” she squealed. I nodded smiling. “Then...your husband is Lee Donghae?” she asked. I nodded again. “I heard that today is Park Jung Soo's enlistment.” she said. “Why didn’t you go?”

“I’m not in good ties with Super Junior right now.” I chuckled awkwardly. “What about you?” I asked and looked at her.

“My ‘boyfriend’ left me after he heard of my bone cancer.” she smiled sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I apologized and bit my lower lip.

“You don’t have to apologize.” she chuckled. “After he dumped me, I was depressed and my health got worse, but thanks to him, I met my husband.” she smiled.

“It's great to hear that.” I smiled. “And...Will you die?” I asked quietly.

“Yes,” she nodded. “But I don’t mind. As long as I can give him my baby, that’s fine with me.” she said. “On top of that ... Will you have twins or triplets?” she asked.

“Twins,” I smiled. “Though it’s very exhausting I’m happy that I’m carrying Donghae’s babies.” I said and caressed my stomach.

“I envy you,” she suddenly said. I looked at her surprised and confused. “You’re having twins,” she said. With that one word I knew what she was talking about.  I smiled lightly and nodded.

“Ha Neul-shii,” I called her.

“Just Ha Neul,” she smiled.

“Ha Neul,” I smiled as well. “I...don’t know what to do anymore.” My smile faded away.

“Why? What happened?” she asked worriedly.

“I should have been happy and all, but...I ... I don’t know anything anymore. I feel like I'm a burden to them, to all of them and that I should just disappear from their lives.” I quietly said.

“Don’t think like that.” she said and stood up, walked to my bed and hugged me tightly. “Don’t think like that. Perhaps, they’re just confused of not knowing what to do. On top of that, Jung Soo will be in the army and the group won’t have any leader that could lead them.” she said, patting my head. “They’re lost as well as you, me and others.” she added quietly.

“Did you tell your parents?” I asked quietly after some minutes of silence.

“I didn’t,” she answered. “I don’t know how to tell them, but I have a feeling that they already know, thanks to my husband.” she chuckled. “All I need is strength that I can tell them.” she added.

“You’d be a great mother.” I smiled and looked at her. She smiled and kissed my forehead like a mother.

“You too,” she said. “You too,”

Days were passing by and no one came to visit me from Super Junior, except for Sungmin, which surprised me a lot; as well as knowing that he knows the truth. He paid me a visit every two or three days, or every Friday because of their busy schedule.

“How are you feeling today, princess?” asked Sungmin as he peeked inside smiling. A smile crossed my face as I looked at him. I was sitting next to the window, looking outside.

“Sungmin-shii,” I slowly stood up and hugged him as he stepped to me.

“You should stop adding shi, otherwise I’ll stop coming.” he said, making me to chuckle.

“Arraso,” I smiled and sat back on the chair as he sat next to me. “How are the things going?” I asked quietly.

“Like always,” he answered. “Kyuhyun and Mo Nii are getting into fights more often than before on top of that Donghae went with SJM on a concert so I don’t really hear anything from him.” he said.

“What about others?” I asked.

“Somehow they still can’t accept the fact that Leeteuk went to army.” he answered. “They miss you too and at the end of nerves since no one knows where you are.” he added quietly. I chuckled and looked thru window seeing leafs falling down from the tree.

“People come and go, just like leafs on the tree.” I smiled. “They come, when they’re ready and they leave when they don’t need you anymore.” I said and looked back at Sungmin who was looking at me confused. I smiled again and the doors opened, revealing Ha Neul.

“Omo, I didn’t know you have a visitor.” she apologized.

“It’s okay,” I smiled. “Come in,” I said and waved to come in. “Ha Neul this is Sungmin, Sungmin this is Ha Neul.” I introduced them.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” they both greeted each other.

“What disease do you have, if I can ask?” asked Sungmin.

“Same as So Min,” she smiled. “Bone cancer on top of that I’m pregnant as well.” she said.

“She has date on Valentine,” I chuckled as I looked from Sungmin at Ha Neul’s red cheeks.

“You two are really amazing.” muttered Sungmin, making us both to look at him. “I mean...you two are fighting for each day so you can give a baby to the one you love.” he smiled.

“That’s us,” Ha Neul chuckled. We all laughed a little.

“When is SJ M coming back?” I asked after time.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “In a week, two...” he muttered.

“On top of all this; how do you know?” I asked confused.

“I heard Mo Nii and Kyuhyun arguing about it. They were lucky that only I know, because I’m sure you don’t want for anyone to know.” he smiled.

“Yeah,” I smiled nodding.

“They don’t know?” gasped Ha Neul. I nodded. “You should tell them, So Min. At least they’ll help you.” she said. I bit my lower lip, looking thru window.

“I don’t know...” I whispered.

“You know you can always count on me and Eunhyuk, since he knows the truth as well.” My eyes widened at what Sungmin just said. “He heard you when you were talking with Donghae one month ago.” he explained.

“Seriously... you should just tell them...” Ha Neul sighed.

“So Min,” Sungmin called me and took my hands. I looked into his eyes as he was already looking at me. “Right now, guys have no idea that you’ll leave in Christmas time, which will be much harder later. Please, tell them now...” he begged.

“I don’t know Sungmin...” I whispered. “What will happen if I tell them?” I asked.

“They’ll at least know what will happen and they can prepare for that...” he answered. “Though it will hurt even more after you’ll leave, it might not hurt as much if you tell them.” I bit my lower lip and looked away at Ha Neul who only nodded in agreement. I let a quiet sigh out and closed my eyes thinking on what I should do. After a minute I looked back at Sungmin.

“When Donghae will come, please bring him here.” I smiled lightly.

“Arraso,” smiled Sungmin. “I should go now...” he sighed and stood up. “Take care, arraso?” he said and kissed my forehead.

“Arraso,” I smiled and lightly hugged him. He turned around at Ha Neul and hugged her, making her surprised.

“You too, Ha Neul-shii, take care.” he smiled. Her cheeks turned reddish as she nodded without saying any word. He looked back at me and waved. “See you,” he said and left the room. There was a silence for few minutes. I was watching Ha Neul and chuckling as she was making strange and funny faces.

“Ha Neul,” I called her. She startled and looked at me, blinking with eyes few times.

“My baby’s name will be Sungmin.” she said already convinced.

“Jinjja?” I was surprised by her sudden statement. She nodded in agreement and left my room, leaving me alone.

~One week later~

“Ugh,” I groaned as I barely stood up from bed.

“Minnie?” called me Sammy as she peeked inside.

“Yes?” I asked and looked at her as I sat back down since I didn’t have enough strength.

“You have a visitor.” she said.

“Visitor?” I was surprised. “Is it Sungmin?” I smiled. She shook her head. “Ara?” I asked again, since she paid me a visit every now and then. She shook her head for the second time and fully opened the doors, revealing him. I tried to say something, but I didn’t find a proper word. He walked inside as Sammy closed the doors so we were alone.

“Hey,” he whispered.

“Hey,” I smiled a little and looked down. My mind was empty. I didn’t know what to say to him, while last week I knew what I should say.

“Sungmin said that you want to talk with me.” he said after silence.

“Yeah,” I whispered this time and looked at him. He was standing in front of me, looking to the ground. “Sit,” I said slowly and showed on the chair next to me. He quietly sat down and looked at me, without saying a word. Biting my lower lip I looked away from him, thru the window. We were sitting in silence, till nurse came in: “It’s time for medicine,” smiling. I looked at her, as well as Donghae, and smiled putting my hand out for medicine.

“Here you go,” she muttered and gave five different medicines on my hand. “They’re not strong so it won’t affect your pregnancy.” she smiled and handed me a glass of water.

“Ne,” I nodded and gulped medicines down. The nurse smiled again and left the room, making silence again. While I was still drinking I glanced at Donghae from time to time, seeing him looking at me. After I put the glass down, letting a sigh out, I turned to Donghae and looked straight into his chocolate eyes.

“I was acting like an idiot...” I started, making him startled. “No not like an idiot, but much worse than that. It really wasn’t fair to you when I didn’t listen to what you have to say. I’m really sorry for that and that I left two weeks ago. I’m sorry, I really am. And if you don’t forgive me, I understand that as well.” I tried to smile.

“Idiot,” he whispered, suddenly standing up and walked to me, hugging me tightly. “I’m sorry too...” he said and cupped my face into his hands. “I don’t have to forgive you for anything, because you did nothing wrong.” he smiled, looking straight into my eyes. I was melting inside.

“I love you and always will.” he said and kissed me gently on the lips. A smile appeared on my lips as I kissed him back, wrapping my hands around his neck, whispering: “I love you more.”