SHINee

Change

~Jenna's POV~

“I'm home,” I said as I stepped thru doors and already heard a yell from my 3 years old daughter.

“Mama~” she hugged me around my neck as I kneeled down.

“Where's dad?” I asked and looked around and then spotted him as he was walking towards me. A smile crossed my face as well as his.

“You're early,” he said and kissed me gently.

“She said that I can go home early,” I said, but I didn't tell him that I have a day off tomorrow, after all, I became quite worried about her.

“That's good to hear,” he smiled and lifted Nikki, daughter. We walked into kitchen, where dinner was already made, so we all just sat and started eating.

After dinner I helped Nick to wash dishes, while Nikki was starting to get prepared for her bath time.

“You said she let you go home first.” Nick suddenly said. I looked at him surprised and a little confused, but I quickly saw what he meant.

“Our president, Cho So Min, came back from Korea and her break. And she said that I can go home early today.” I explained and smiled while Nikki was playing with her bubbles.

“The one that has a bone cancer?” asked Nick surprised. I lightly nodded in agreement. "H-how is s-she?" he stuttered.

“She looks normal, like a normal person.” I said and rolled with my eyes.

“Isn't she skinny? Or a living skeleton?” he was surprised and confused.

“No,” I laughed. “She looks like a normal girl, moreover like a high school or university girl. You can't see that she's 20 or 21 years old.” I smiled.

“Hee?” he muttered and bit his lip. I smiled and looked back at Nikki, slowly wetting her hair.

~Next Day~

“I’m going,” I smiled as I stood from my seat, kissing Nikki’s forehead and Nick on his lips.

“Do you need a ride?” he asked and looked at me worriedly.

“No,” I smiled.

“It’s pretty late, you know …” he muttered and pointed on the clock.

“I know,” I smiled again. “She said that I can come to work later than usual, so it’s okay.” I said and put my shoes on.

“Take care, mama.” Nikki said and waved.

“I will,” I smiled and waved back. “See you later,” I added and walked out.

~In office~

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator I shivered. I felt like I came to Antarctica.

Putting my bag on the chair, I looked around and then into president’s office, seeing papers everywhere as well as her sleeping face. I lightly chuckled and walked into, taking papers from the ground.

“Pabo Prince,” president suddenly muttered, scaring me. I quickly straighten myself and looked at her and suddenly sighed from relief realizing she was talking in her sleep.

“Isn’t she cold?” I muttered and walked towards her, taking off my jacket, covering her. But as I tried to grab few papers from her desk that were all around, I heard the sound of elevator that just came up. I looked towards elevator and saw five boys coming out and started looking around.

With their unusual style, and their looks, I assumed they were Koreans. I put papers back on the table and walked towards them, closing the doors office behind.

“Good morning,” I smiled and lightly bowed with head.

“G-good morning,” light brunette boy said and bowed. Others did the same as soon as they saw me. I looked from one to another, but my eyes stopped on the, probably, the youngest boy, who looked like a girl.

“I-is So Min here?” dark brunette boy asked, making me look at him.

“Yes,” I smiled and nodded. “But she’s sleeping at the moment.” I added, but then I heard the doors opening.

“Who’s sleeping?” a female voice, president, asked. I turned around and saw her with glasses on as well as with some bad hair, which caused the wind. “On top of that, you were supposed to be home, not here.” She added pouting as she stopped next to me, giving my jacket back with a gentle smile. “Thank you,” she muttered.

“You’re welcome,” I smiled back. “And I came back, because I was worried about you, President.” I said. She chuckled and then looked at five boys who were confused a little bit.

~So Min~

I looked from the light brunette with long hair, to the shoulders, to the guy with short, black, spiky hair and rough look. They were somehow really similar to me; like I’ve seen them somewhere. Then I looked to the fashion boy, with shaved head on the left side and light brunette hair and to the dark brunette boy, who was the tallest of all of them. But my eyes took the longest on the boy, with, looking like messy, light brunette hair and looks like a child, but a handsome child … or should I say hot?

I lightly shook my head and then looked at all of them.

Did you come on the word from Donghae or Kyuhyun?” I asked straightly. They looked at each other and chuckled.

It’s true Kyuhyun called me,” light brunette boy with long hair started. I looked at him. “He said that his sister, assuming you, is working here and that we just have to come to see how you’re doing.” He explained.

Stupid Kyu,” I muttered under my breath as I looked down and then back at guys.

I’m Cho So Min, but you already know it, right?” I smiled and lightly bowed. They nodded.

I’m Onew,” long haired brunette said and lightly bowed.

Jonghyun,” black haired spiky boy said and smiled as he waved a little, bowing a little as well.

Key,” fashion boy smiled waving and bowed with his head.

Minho,” dark brunette boy smiled and bowed.

T-Taemin,” the youngest one said nervously and bowed.

And this is Jenna, my secretary.” I smiled and pointed at surprised Jenna. Suddenly she became all nervous not knowing what to do, but then she bowed and smiled nervously as she scratched her back neck, making me laugh a bit.

Onew, I thought as I was searching in my past, tapping my chin with finger as I crossed my arms.

Ah,” I said and flipped with fingers; lately pointed at all of them. “You’re SHINee, right?” I asked and lightly nodded with head as a big smile crossed my face.

Ne,” Onew nodded and smiled as well as Key, while other three laughed silently.

Would you like anything to drink?” I asked.

Aniyo,” they all waved with their hands, but I turned to Jenna and told her to bring six cups of coffee. She nodded and walked away. I turned back to SHINee members and smiled.

Come in,” I said and walked into my office with them following me. “I’m sorry because it’s messy, but wind decided to mess up with me.” I sighed as they sat on the couch, while I picked some papers.

It’s okay,” Onew smiled. I leaned on the table and looked at them.

So, Kyuhyun called you, huh?” I asked and smiled.

Ne,” Onew nodded again.

What did he say?” I asked, somehow curious. They glanced at each other and I could feel their uneasiness about telling me. “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything.” I giggled.

He just said to see you and then tell him how you are …” Jonghyun said.

Hee,” I muttered, walking to my chair and sat on it. I looked back at them and smiled, saying: “Thank you,” and lightly bowed with head. Jonghyun smiled a little awkward while others stayed serious.

“Here’s coffee,” Jenna said after minutes she came in and put five coffees on the table, in front of them, and one on mine.

“Thank you,” I smiled as well as others. “And I’m serious, Jenna. Go home, I gave you a day off.” I said and looked at her.

“And like I said, I’ll stay, because I’m worried that you will overwork yourself.” She said smiling. I couldn’t help but smile, wondering where she got this obstinacy. I shook my head a little, taking a sip.

“But you will go home when I’ll go on check up, okay?” I said and looked back at her, putting a cup on the table.

“N-…” she tried to say, but I overtook her immediately: “That’s an order,” and looked straight into her eyes. She closed and nodded, knowing she can’t argue with me anymore.

“Excuse me,” she excused herself and walked out, closing the doors behind. I looked at guys and smiled.

If you want you can stay here or just wander around.” I said. “I’ll do some of my work and call the doctor for my check up.

Sure, sure,” Minho quickly said. “Don’t mind about us,” he smiled. I smiled back and then looked on the papers that were … e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. I let a loud sigh out and bumped my head on the table, like a high scholar hating school and her life.

I’m going nuts, I swear I do…” I cursed in Korean language, without minding about guys who were just laughing a little. I went with hands thru my hair and combed then in a high pony tail with elastic, fix glasses and started sorting out papers that were on the table.

Papers, with my and company’s sign, were added on the right side, while others were on the left side. But there were some letters as well; like from my hospital; still unfolded. I bit my lower lip and opened it.

So Min, it started.

I don’t know how to get you, while you’ll be in Korea, but … if in any case you come back to United States in Christmas time, come to hospital quickly.

It’s urgent!

Doctor Sammy Jackson

I took my phone from the drawer and dialed her number that was added with the letter.

“Hello?” she asked.

“So Min here,” I said.

“So Min,” she sighed from relief.

“What’s wrong?” I asked moreover worried.

“Come to hospital as quick as possible.” She said sounding worried.

“I have lots of work now …” I tried to say till the end, but she overtook me: “Just come to damn hospital. It’s for your health,” hissing into phone.

“Okay, calm down.” I muttered into phone. I could hear she took three long, but deep breaths.

“Just come to hospital as quick as possible.” She said, now a little calmed down.

“Okay, I’m on my way.” I said and hanged up. I leaned on my hand and let a sigh out, knowing that it won’t be anything good.

Is everything okay?” I suddenly heard sweet male voice. I looked up surprised and saw Taemin sitting in front of me.

N-ne,” I stuttered nodding “I just have some business in hospital.” I added. He looked at me a little suspiciously but smiled after few seconds. Then I looked at others who were walking around the office.

Whoa, you’re quite good for a 21 year old girl.” Key said amazed by my awards and diploma. I only smiled a little and stood up.

Sorry guys, but I’ll have to leave you now.” I muttered and bit my lower lip.

Where are you going?” Onew asked.

To hospital,” I smiled and took my jacket from the chair and walked pass him.

We’ll take you there,” Jonghyun said.

Aniyo,” I said and waved with hand, but as stubborn as they are, I realized now, they didn’t listen to me. “Guys,” I whined, but quickly gave up. I only sighed as they walked to elevator and me behind. Before I walked to them I stopped by Jenna.

“I’m going to hospital.” I told her quietly as she looked at me. “If Alexander Smith calls say that he has to call me on my phone immediately, okay?” I asked and she only nodded. “Thanks,” I smiled and walked to guys who were already in the elevator waiting for me.

~In hospital; waiting room~

Seriously,” I sighed as I leaned back on the chair and looked left and right. “Why are you here?” I asked.

Kyuhyun told us to keep an eye on you.” Onew answered.

I knew it,” I cursed and pouted.

“So Min,” I suddenly heard a female voice of my doctor. I looked to the doors, which were open now, and saw her standing there. She waved to come in; I slowly stood up and looked at guys.

Stay here to not get lost.” I said, pointing at them. They acted like little kids; nodded with trace of being scared on the face. I only shook my head as I laughed and walked into her office.

“We’ll do another check up immediately,” she said as I sat down and looked at her as she was nervous, which you could saw, after all her fingers couldn’t be able to be still.

“I wanted to come either way since I was in United States.” I said.

“You visit him?” she asked shocked and stopped with moving her fingers.

“He called me so I had to come. I owe him this much, though I suffered the most.” I muttered and looked down, but then back at her. “And why do I have to go under check up immediately?” I was curious.

“You’ve been here more than six months,” she started and looked at papers in front of her. “We checked you up every two weeks, and on the day you were discharged from hospital.”

“Yeah,” I nodded in agreement.

“Though the last results came out last week …” she stopped a little and watching the paper for few seconds before she continued. She closed her eyes and then opened them, looking at me. “Remember when I told you how much you still have?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded again.

“I told you that cancer cells almost disappeared, though there were some of them left. I told you as well that you have at least three years ahead.” She muttered. I only nodded, making me nervous.

“And the results from last check up are showing that … they doubled.” She said.

“W-what do you mean they doubled?” I asked, though I know exactly what it meant.

“Did you weight yourself?” she asked, avoiding question … or it was related.

“Sammy answer me,” I muttered.

“Step on the balance to weight yourself.” She said and pointed on it on my right side. I did as she said; stood up, walked over, take off my shoes and stepped on it. I looked at it on how much I weight and my eyes widened.

“When you came on that day, you were weighting 20kg on the verge of death.” she started again. I didn’t move my eyes from number. “When you were discharged, you weight 59kg. Right now,” she said and stood up, walking to me. “You weight 45kg.” she muttered silently.

“What can I do?” I asked and looked at her.

“Therapy, but I don’t think it will help anymore; after all, cancer cells got used to it and it won’t work as it did before. There are only pills left, but …”

“I’ll take them.” I overtook her. “I’ll take pills anything, just to hide it for a little more time.” I said and stepped down. “Give me anything, so I can make life for them a little easier. Anything …” my voice broke down.

“You know there isn’t much hope in pills…” she muttered quietly.

“Just give them, please.” I begged.

“Okay, I’ll write the recipe for you.” She nodded and walked back to her table and took a recipe out, writing something.

I just stood there for few seconds, until my phone woke me from it, but still, because of the song, I almost broke down in tears.

You’re breaking my heart with 0330, U-KISS. I thought as I took my phone out of my bag. I looked on to see who is calling and saw unknown number.

“Hello?” I asked, picking up.

It’s Alexander,” he said.

Appa,” I muttered. “Anything new?” I asked.

The date is decided.” He muttered. “It’s next month, at the end; 30th January.” He added.

Okay,” I nodded.

Will you have time?” he asked worriedly.

Ne, don’t worry appa,” I smiled, but he figured out already, that something was wrong.

You know you can always talk to me about anything…” he said sweetly, making my heart break in pieces.

Ne,” I nodded. “I have to go now. Thank you for calling.” I added and hanged up.

“Here’s your recipe for medicine, you must take every day at the same hour, understand?” Sammy said as she gave me recipe. I quietly nodded and took it, looking down. “Look,” she started and put hand on my shoulder. “You should have told them.” She said, because she knew that I still didn’t tell them. I looked up and smiled sadly.

“You know me, Sammy. I won’t say it, until that time will come.” I said and took the bag. She only sighed, knowing I won’t do.

“Let’s make some check up’s then.” She muttered and walked to doors.

“Okay,” I said and walked after her. We walked out and I looked at the boys who were still sitting there, playing some kind of game; I think it was rock, paper, scissors or something like that. I laughed a little, but only followed Sammy, without telling them; but they do know I have a check up.

~Onew~ (Talking in Korean)

As soon as So Min disappeared from the corner we stopped playing and leaned back.

“That was close,” Key muttered.

“Ne,” Minho nodded putting hand on his stomach.

“What are we going to do?” Jonghyun asked and looked at me. I looked in front and thought.

“Should we tell Kyuhyun?” Taemin asked.

“To tell him, that her cancer just got even worse and that her life shortened even more?” I asked and looked at him. “You know that would break him and Donghae.” I muttered and looked back in front.

“Then what are we going to do?” Key asked.

“We’ll just keep quiet for a time being.” I answered.

“But, you know Kyuhyun; he’ll try to make us tell him everything that we heard.” Taemin said a little worried.

“Don’t worry, I’ll come up with something.” I muttered and smiled a little.

Just got busier than before.

Mianhe for not updating yesterday.

Please comment..I don't like silent readers, though I'm very thankful to you *lightly bows*