Airport

Change

~On the airport later that day~

“Can I help you?” a female receptionist asked.

“I’d like to get ticket for United States …” I muttered.

“For how many passengers?” she asked.

“One,” I answered.

“Name?”

“Cho So Min,”

“To which state you want to land?”

“Washington D.C.,”

“Which class?”

“Business please,”

“Your passport please.” She suddenly said.

“O-okay,” I said and gave her my passport. She glanced at me, but still started typing.

“That will be 3.073,67 KRW.” She said and looked at me. I took my wallet and gave her 5.000 KRW. “The departure time is at 7.20pm, in two hours.” She said as gave me back my passport and my ticket.

“Thank you,” I smiled and left towards seats. As I sat down my phone rang. I took it from bag and saw unknown number.

“Hello?” I asked as I picked it up.

“Where are you?” A male voice asked, almost yelling into my ear.

“W-who’s calling?” I asked confused.

“Never mind with who’s calling.” He said a little angry. “Kyuhyun is at the end with worrying and searching for you.” He added. I recognized his voice. It was Lee Donghae.

“Where did you get my number?” I asked a little angry.

“Ara gave it to me.” he answered. “Where are you?” he asked again.

“I’m not going to tell you,” I said, but suddenly a voice from loudspeaker said: The flight 701 is ready to departure. I repeat the flight 701 is ready to departure.

“You’re on the airport?” he asked surprised.

“I’m not!” I yelled into phone and hanged up, throwing it into bag. “Only this was missing,” I cursed quietly and looked around.

An hour passed by, when I suddenly heard someone yelling my name: “So Min!”

I looked up and saw Kyuhyun running towards me. I quickly grabbed bags and started running.

“So Min!” he was yelling after me. I turned around after a corner and hide myself behind a small tree. As he passed by I slowly went out and looked on the nearest clock. It was only 6pm.

“Where will I go for the next hour?” I asked myself and looked on the shop, right in front of me. “I’ll go change myself …” I muttered and quickly ran into that shop.

“Can I help you?” a female voice said as I was looking for some clothes.

“Can I get some jeans and T-shirt?” I asked as I looked at her.

“Sure,” she smiled. “Come this way please.” She said and started walking on the other side. “Here are jeans, you’d probably like, and here,” she said and walked to the other side. “Here are T-shirts and jackets that will probably be for your taste.” She smiled.

“Thank you,” I smiled and started searching for clothes my size. I chose random black jeans, dark blue shirt, dark blue-white jacket and grey hat.

“I’ll take this.” I said as I went over to the reception. Woman only smiled and took the clothes. Then I remembered something. “Uhm,” I started. “Do you know if there is any shop with lenses?” I asked.

“I think there is,” she said as she took the bag. “It is right after this corner here.” She added as she pointed out of the shop to the way I ran from. “This will be 9.500 KRW,” she said as she gave me the bag with clothes. I took out my wallet and gave her 10.000 KRW and took the bag.

“Keep the change,” I smiled at her and went out. I looked around to see if there’s a toilet near and luckily it was. I quickly ran into and changed myself into new clothes. My phone rang again. I took it and saw Kyuhyun’s number. I declined it and put the phone on vibrate mode. As I grabbed my bags and left my old clothes here, I went out and started searching for the shop with lenses. I quickly found it. Before I went in, I looked on the clock; 7pm.

“Excuse me,” I said as I stepped into shop.

“Can I help you?” a female’s voice asked as she looked at me and smiled.

“Can I get lenses?” I asked.

“Sure, what kind of color do you want?” she smiled. I stepped closer to her.

“Brown color if you have,” I smiled back.

“Sure,” she smiled and put few boxes out. “What is your dioptre?” she asked and looked at me.

“It’s +1.0” I answered. She started searching until she found one.

“Here is the last box.” She said and gave it to me.

“Can I try it?” I asked.

“Sure,” she nodded and smiled. I took the box and opened it. I reached for the lenses and slowly opened it; they were in another box. I put my glasses down and took the lens for the right eye and put it on the right eye.

“How is it?” she smiled.

“It’s good,” I smiled and looked around. “Can I put both of them on, because I don’t have much time left? And I’ll take them.” I said as I looked on the clock behind her; 7.10pm.

“Sure,” she nodded. I took the left lens and put it on the left eyes. “That will be 4.178,53 KRW.” She said and gave me the bill. I gave her 5.000 and said to keep the change. I took the box and my glasses and put them in the bag and went out, heading for my exit.

Suddenly, I heard over the speaker: The flight 5206 is ready to depart. I repeat the flight 5206 is ready to depart.

“That’s my flight.” I muttered and speed up.

“Where is she?” I suddenly heard familiar voice. I frowned and turned around. I saw Kyuhyun looking around and next to him was standing Donghae and Ara.

“I promised mom, we’ll bring her back.” Ara said to Kyuhyun. My eyes became teary. I shook my head and started walking again.

“Ticket please?” male voice said as I came to the exit. I gave him my ticket.

“Enjoy your flight,” he smiled and gave it back. I smiled back and went on the plane, leaving everyone behind.

“I’m sorry, mom, Kyuhyun, Ara …” I muttered as I sat on my seat and looked thru window. “I’m sorry,” I muttered again.