They're coming to USA

Change

 

~Korea, Seoul; 6.30am~

~Donghae POV~

“Hey,” I said as Seung Gi picked up.

“Hey, what's wrong?” he asked.

“Is So Min with you?” I asked worriedly.

“Aniyo,” he said. “Isn't she with you?” he asked.

“Eh?” I asked confused.

“Well, she took her clothes and said she will go back to your dorm.” he said. “Maybe she's with Kyuhyun...” he muttered thinking loudly.

“Ne,” I lightly nodded. “Thanks either way.” I added and hanged up.

“So Min,” I muttered her name and looked around, seeing only me in the room. I stood up and walked out of the room, looking around. “So Min,” I called her again. No answer. I checked up my phone and suddenly saw a message from her.

From: So Min

Donghae, I'm sorry for broking my promise already; but I'll explain everything when I come back. I promise.

I love you

“Where are you?” I asked, meaning for So Min, but I heard no answer, only a silence.

I grabbed my jacket, keys and run out, locking the doors behind. Before the elevator could actually come up and then go down, I ran down the stairs.

Without knocking I ran into 11th dorm, into living room, seeing Heechul and Kyuhyun watching TV.

“Where did she go?” I yelled at them. Kyuhyun looked at me confused, as well as Heechul. “Where is So Min?” I asked again.

“Isn’t she with you?” He asked, starting to get worried.

“I can't find her anywhere and Seung Gi said she went back to our dorm yesterday evening, but as I can see, she's nowhere to be found.” I said and walked up and down in the living room.

“I thought she was with you.” Kyuhyun said with his voice shivering as he stood up.

“And I thought she was with you,” I muttered and looked at him.

~Kyuhyun~

Damn it, So Min. I thought as I ran into my room, grabbed the phone from bed and dialed her number.

The number is currently unavailable or out of range. Please leave a message after the sound.” The phone speaker said.

“Damn it So Min! Where the heck are you?! Call me when you get the message!” I yelled and hanged up, leaving room.

“I can't reach her,” I muttered and waved with hand, looking at Donghae.

“Where did she go...?” Donghae muttered.

~United States; 19.40pm~

~So Min~

I looked on phone that suddenly started vibrating and saw Kyuhyun's number. I decided to ignore it and looked back on my papers in office, repairing my glasses that slipped down. Since my eyes started hurting from contacts I decided to wear glasses once more.

“Excuse me, Miss,” Young woman in her 30's knocked on the doors, walking in.

“Jenna,” I muttered and smiled.

“There is a call for you on 8.” she said and pointed on the phone.

“Thank you,” I smiled and picked up the phone.

“Cho So Min speaking~” I said, looking back at papers.

“Alexander Smith on the phone,” A male voice said on the other side.

“A-appa?” I stuttered with my eyed widening, releasing pen and papers I held, as well as putting my glasses down.

“Minny,” he called me by nickname. “Can I meet with you?” he asked, making me even more surprised.

“W-wae?” I stuttered again.

“I have to talk with you about a guy, with fake name James. I know you paid him a visit in the morning.” he said.

“Cameras, right?” I asked as soon as I remembered cameras in the room.

“Yes,” he agreed.

“Okay,” I admitted. “When?” I asked, getting my pen to write it down.

“If you have time, now?” he asked back.

“S-sure … Where?”

“I’m actually here,” he said and a man in his late 50’s walked into my office. I smiled a little and hanged up; he did the same.

“Good evening,” I smiled and lightly bowed with head as I stood up.

“Good evening,” he smiled back and walked towards me. “I brought some coffee,” he said and pointed at it.

“Thanks,” I said and lightly bowed with head again. He gave me one and I took a sip.

“Won’t you answer your phone?” he suddenly asked, making me startled. I looked on the table as the phone was vibrating again, but this time with Donghae’s picture.

“Aniyo,” I smiled and looked back at appa. “Sit down,” I said pointing at the couch. We walked towards it and sat down. “So, what do you want to talk about?” I asked, looking at him.

“What is your plan?” he asked straight. “Mo Nii wants to sue him, because of you …” he added muttering.

“I know she wants,” I sighed. “But it’s not his fault for all these killing…” I said and looked at him.

“What do you mean?” he asked confused, shaking with head a little.

“He had hard childhood.” I said and told him the story Jason told me. He was surprised a little.

“But still, the judge will probably give him and electric chair or gas poison.” He said after some time of thinking.

“I know that really well,” I nodded in agreement and continued. “But I’ll try to convince them, to at least give them few months for them to see that he isn’t dangerous anymore.”

“Why do you think he’s not dangerous anymore? He might be deceiving you.” He said.

“He’s not deceiving me.” I said with confidence, making him surprised. “Not after I told him that,” I quietly added and looked down.

“I know,” he said, now making me surprised. I looked back at him. “I had a lip translator with me.” he explained.

“Don’t tell anyone,” I said.

“W-wae?” he asked confused. “At least tell Mo Nii …” he tried to convince me.

“I won’t,” I said and looked at my hands still holding the cup of coffee. “She would try to find a way how to treat me; but I …” I stopped a little and took a deep breath. “I accepted already about my limit.” I smiled sadly.

“Did you told Kyuhyun, Donghae or your parents?” he asked.

I shook my head.

“Why not?” He asked a little angry.

“You know exactly how parents and brothers are. They’ll do anything for you, just to make sure, you’ll live longer … but since I already accepted my disease, I won’t tell them a thing, until that day will come.” I answered, looking him straight into eyes. “They might not forgive me, but at least I’ll make some good memories for them.” I smiled and leaned my head a little to the right side.

Appa only let a quiet sigh out as he realized I won’t change my mind.

“Okay,” he said, nodding head. “I won’t tell anyone.”

“Thank you,” I smiled in relief.

“You should really pick up your phone.” He suddenly said. I looked towards table, seeing my phone vibrating. “Someone has been calling you for the whole time.” He laughed.

“Well,” I muttered and stood up, putting cup on the table. “I guess they miss me.” I joked and walked over to table.

“Yeoboseyo?” I said, picking up.

“Cho So Min,” I heard Kyuhyun’s voice on the other side. “Where are you?” he asked madly angry.

“In United States,” I answered simply.

“What are you doing there?” Donghae asked.

“Is this call on voice speaker?” I asked. It was quiet for a second, but then Kyuhyun spoke: “You didn’t answer the question.”

“I went on a check up,” I admitted and leaned on the table.

“Check up?” Donghae was confused.

“Yes, for my cancer.” I said. It was another silence. “Guys, don’t worry about it, I’m fine. I told you that it completely disappeared, right? And it did, the doctor just needed to do some check up.” I added.

“Geez, you could have at least said something.” Donghae sighed from relief.

“If I would you would come with me, freaking out even more than me.” I laughed. “And I don’t want to any of you to end in hospital, because of worrying …” I said.

“But still,” Kyuhyun started. “You could have at least left a message…” he said, probably showing something with his hands, like he’s shooing off the bad spirit in front of him.

“I’ll do it next time.” I said and looked into ceiling.

“When will you come back?” Heechul suddenly asked.

“Geez, how many of you guys are there?” I asked. “Probably next month,” I muttered after I heard a groan from Kyuhyun.

“What!?” Kyuhyun and Donghae both yelled at the same time.

“What?” I asked confused. “Do you think I’ll come back right after I’m done with my check up? What about results, huh?” I asked.

“I’m coming to you then.” Kyuhyun suddenly said. “I promised mom and dad that I’ll keep an eye on you.” He added.

“Me too,” Donghae said.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” I muttered, raising my hand up, though I wasn’t there. “Wait a second, guys. The flight to the United States is expensive right now…” and before I could continue, Donghae cut me: “You forgot we have money, you idiot.”

I have to say something so they won’t come here … I thought.

“I’m serious,” I said, but suddenly all I heard was Beep, beep, beep sound. “Yeoboseyo?” I asked, but no answer. I looked at the phone and laughed. “Are you serious?” I muttered and sighed as I face palmed.

“What’s wrong?” appa asked me. I totally forgot he’s still here.

“It’s just that Kyuhyun and Donghae are coming to United States.” I sighed and closed my eyes, thinking.

“They can’t find out about you visiting him in the jail and about your time limit, right?” he asked as he stood up and walked towards me. I lightly nodded. “Well, don’t worry about the first. You can stay with them and I’ll give you all the information what will happen.” He said.

I looked at him as my eyes widened.

“And you only have to do is to come to the court when it will be.” He said and put his hands on my upper arms.

“I guess I can do that much.” I smiled.

“Okay,” he smiled back. “You’ll know everything in the perfect time, so don’t worry. You can count on me.” he said and winked.

“Thank you,” I smiled and lightly bowed with head.

“You don’t have to thank me. You know you’re like my second daughter.” He said and hugged me tightly.

“Even so, I’m really thankful to you.” I said, hugging him back. “I really am.” I repeated and smiled sadly, knowing that I’ll hurt, the ones that love me, so much when I’ll leave. I bit my lower lip and stopped myself from tears falling down.

“I’ll be going now,” he said and looked at me. “You’ve become such a beautiful woman. I’m happy for you.” He smiled and kissed my forehead, making my cheeks a little reddish.

“Thank you,” I muttered and looked to the floor.

“When you’ll need anything, you know where you can find me.” he added and walked towards doors.

“Yes,” I nodded, walking behind. “Thank you again.” I said and lightly bowed.

“I told you it’s okay,” he laughed and looked at me. “You better take care of yourself and live your life while you still can.”

“Yes,” I nodded again and smiled. “I’ll do my best.”

“I’m going then,” he said and turned around.

“Please call me when you’ll have any information about Jason, okay?” I asked.

“Jason?” he asked confused and looked at me. “You’ve been saying it the whole time when you told me about past.” He muttered.

“That’s his real name.” I smiled.

“I see,” he chuckled. “Well, I’ll call you any time when something will happen, so don’t worry.” He thumbed up and walked towards elevator.

“Thank you again, appa.” I smiled and bowed, until he disappeared behind. Then I turned to Jenna, who was working on the computer. “Jenna,” I called her.

“Yes, Miss Cho?” she asked and stood up, looking at me.

“I’ll give you two numbers. You have to call them and ask when will they come to United States, so I’ll go to pick them up, okay?” I said.

“Yes,” she nodded with her head. I smiled and went back into office, writing Kyuhyun’s and Donghae’s number on the piece of paper, together with their names.

“Here are numbers and names.” I said and gave it to her. “Their Koreans, but don’t worry about that. They talk English as well.” I smiled to calm her down a little as soon as I saw her a little uneasy. “You can call one of them or both of them; but tell me the time and day, okay?” I said and looked at her eyes.

“Yes,” she nodded and took the paper.

“Thank you,” I said and went back into office. I sat on the chair, leaning my head back and stared into ceiling, until Jenna came after half an hour.

“I called Mr. Donghae,” she started. I looked at her. “He said that they’ll come tomorrow; at what time, they don’t know yet, but they’ll probably come with their private plane.” She said.

“Thank you,” I smiled and looked at papers on my table.

“Is there anything else I can do for you?” she asked waiting that I’ll give her something.

“You can go home and take a rest.” I said looking at her. She was surprised.

“But,” she tried to say something, but I cut her: “No buts; go home and take a day off tomorrow.” I smiled.

“T-thank you,” she said and bowed deeply.

“It’s okay,” I waved with hand. “You’ve been working hard the time I wasn’t here, so you take a rest too.” I said and gave her a warming smile. She smiled back, bowed again and left my office, leaving the doors opened as I told her to.

I watched her as she took her jacket and suitcase and walked over to elevator, after she turned all the lights off. As she disappeared in the elevator, I looked back on the papers and started reading them from the start and sorting out, with my glasses back on.

Before I realized, I fell asleep on the desk, while wind decided to mess up with me and papers.

Got new poster for the story. :) This time I didn't do it^^

The second 'future update' happened :) There are still 4 left :) When will they be? Kehehe, secret~ ;P