Ara

Change

“Minnie, we’re going back to our dorm, arraso?” Kyuhyun sat on So Min’s bed after he walked into her room, without knocking. It was already the morning and the time for K. R. Y. to leave on their schedule.

“Mmm,” she murmured, half sleeping. Kyuhyun let a chuckle out and caressed her hair away that was on her cheek, making her tickling.

You’re so fragile… Kyuhyun thought as he bit his lower lip.

“Kyuhyun, are you ready?” Ryeowook called from downstairs.

“Coming!” yelled Kyuhyun back and stood up. “Take care, So Min.” he kissed her forehead and walked downstairs, seeing Ryeowook on the hallway talking with mom and Ara, while Yesung was talking with dad.

“Let’s go then,” Kyuhyun said and hugged mom. “We’re going,” he said.

“Drive carefully,” mom smiled and patted Kyuhyun’s back.

“Ne~” all three of them sang and walked out, towards car.

“Take care,” dad smiled.

“Ne,” Kyuhyun smiled back and sat on the passenger’s seat, next to Yesung. Mom, dad and Ara were standing outside the house, watching the boys, until they disappeared behind the corner.

“I’m going to check up on So Min.” said Ara and run upstairs into her room, seeing her still sleeping.

“What has gone into Ara?” mom asked as she was watching her, how she run upstairs.

“You know, sister moments.” Chuckled dad and walked inside. “I’m going too, since work is calling.” He added and took his jacket.

“Arraso,” mom smiled. “I’ll be going too, but first, I’ll check up on So Min.” she added and walked upstairs, with dad behind.

“Omo, she’s still sleeping?” asked mom surprised, as she stepped inside So Min’s room, seeing Ara sitting on the edge of So Min’s bed.

“Ne,” Ara smiled, without taking her eyes of So Min. “She’s pretty tired these days. I guess the date is coming.” She chuckled awkwardly.

“I wonder how many babies she’ll have…” dad suddenly spoke. Ara and mom looked at him surprised. “I mean, her stomach is bigger than yours, when you were pregnant with three of them.” He explained.

“You’re right,” mom chuckled and looked back at So Min. “Do you know anything, Ara?” she asked and looked at her.

“She told me,” she answered smiling.

“And?” asked dad.

“Not telling,” Ara stuck her tongue out. Mom only shook her head as dad laughed.

“We’ll be going now,” dad said and turned around.

“Arraso,” Ara smiled and stood up to accompany them downstairs. “When will you come back?” she asked.

“I’m coming when the shop will close.” Mom smiled.

“I’m coming in the evening, like always.” Dad let a silent sigh out, but both, mom and Ara, heard it, making them to giggle.

“You can call home delivery if you don’t want to cook.” Mom smiled and turned to Ara as they were standing outside.

“Arraso,” Ara smiled and hugged her. “Take care on the way.” She said and hugged dad as well.

“Ne,” they both smiled nodding and walked towards their car. Dad always drove mom to her working place, Kona Beans, where she helped with Leeteuk’s and Sungmin’s mom.

In the mean while, Ara walked back upstairs into So Min’s room and quietly watched her as she was sleeping.

“Aigoo…” Ara suddenly sighed and leaned on the chair, where she was sitting, looking into ceiling. “It’s so boring, when will you wake up?” she muttered to herself and looked on the clock, seeing that it’s already 11am. Quietly sighing, Ara walked out of So Min’s room, downstairs, into living room, turning the TV on.

~So Min’s POV~

“Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple~” I suddenly heard a song from far away. I slowly opened my eyes and put my hand on my forehead, preventing for light to break into my eyes.

“Where am I?” I murmured and looked around as I sat up. “Ah,” I remembered that I’m home. Slowly standing up, I made my way to the bathroom and looked myself in the mirror. “Ugh,” I groaned as I saw my hair standing everywhere.

“Pabo, Kyuhyun!” yelled Ara suddenly from downstairs, making me startled.

“What is she watching?” I asked myself and slowly walked downstairs into living room, seeing Ara on the couch, laughing at TV, where was shown a video of Kyuhyun teasing hyung’s.

“What are you watching?” I asked and walked closer.

“Just some news…” she answered and laughed again.

“What is it about?” I asked again and looked back on TV.

“I don’t know, I just pressed some button on remote and this is what I got.” She smiled and looked at me.

“Hey,” I smiled waving.

“Bwoh!?” she squealed and fell off the couch landing with loud thud on the floor. “When did you come here?” she asked surprised.

“Few seconds ago,” I answered and slowly walked into kitchen. “Where are others?” I asked as it was way too quiet.

“Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Yesung had to go back, since they have their schedules today, while mom and dad went on their work.” She answered and followed me into kitchen.

“Why didn’t they wake me?” I pouted.

“Kyuhyun was in your room, but you were sleeping tightly.” Answered Ara and sat on the chair.

“Tsk,” I murmured and looked into refrigerator to see if there’s anything to eat.

“You hungry?” she asked.

“Yes, we’re hungry…” I pouted, closing the refrigerator and walked to table, sitting down. Ara laughed, shaking head, and stood up.

“What would you like to eat?” she asked.

“Pancakes,” I murmured and watched her.

“Arraso,” she smiled. “It will be in half an hour, I assume…” she added.

“I’ll be in living room.” I said lively and stood up.

“I’ll call when it’ll be done.” She said. I nodded and sat on couch, looking on TV, where Super Junior was on the news.

***

“It’s ready~” Ara sang and ran into living room. I looked at her and yawned. “Are you tired again?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips.

“Mianhae,” I chuckled with my cheeks lightly pinkish. I slowly stood up and walked with Ara into kitchen, where I smelled pancakes. “It’s smells good,” I smiled widely and sat on the chair by table.

“Here’s your Nutella,” Ara laughed as she put a jar of Nutella in front of me.

“You know me too well,” I laughed as I looked at her.

“I’m your sister.” She smiled and sat in front of me, taking one pancake as well. “I’ll eat too, so don’t you dare to eat everything.” she said and pointed at me with pancake in her hand. I smiled, leaned closer and took one bite, making her frown.

“Yah, what did I just say!?” she pouted and quickly moved her hand away, before I’d eat the whole pancake.

“You should know that when I’m hungry, I eat everything.” I stuck my tongue out grinning.

“I should have known this…” she sighed and took a bite.

“Don’t be angry. There’s a lot of pancakes left.” I chuckled as there really was a whole plate of pancakes, like there are 30 people here but it was just Ara and I alone.

“You’re right,” she nodded. “I just hope you won’t get sick…” she added and looked at me worriedly.

“Don’t worry, Ara.” I smiled and took a bite. “It’s good,” I murmured and continued eating, while Ara chuckled at my statement.

***

“I’m full~” I sang as I leaned back on the chair.

“You should be on top of that how could you eat so much pancakes?” she asked surprised.

“What? They were just ten, not all of them…” I pouted and looked at her and at remaining pancakes. “Mom and dad should eat some too, you know.” I added, pointing at her. She chuckled nodding and stood up.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused.

“Cleaning?” she smiled and took her and mine plate.

“Let me help you…” I muttered and tried to stand up, but she stopped me: “You just ate ten pancakes and you’re tired. Go to sleep.” smiling. I bit my lower lip sighing, giving up.

“Arraso,” I muttered and stood up. “I’ll be upstairs.” I added and slowly walked upstairs back into my room. “I’m bored…” I murmured and sat down on the chair by my desk. I looked around and saw two pictures on it; on one I was alone with Ara and Kyuhyun, right before I went to high school. On the second one I was with the whole family when I was 5 years old.

“I was so little…” I smiled to myself and took the second picture in my hand. “I can’t believe it already passed 16 years from that time.” I thought loudly as I remembered that day.

Flashback

“Appa, let’s take a picture.” Ara suggested as the family Cho was standing in front of beautiful garden of flowers with different colors. Kyuhyun was teasing So Min, but quickly stopped after he saw dad making himself ready to take a picture of them.

“Arraso,” he chuckled as everyone was standing in the line, while he wanted to take a picture, but mom stopped a man, that was just passing by, and asked if he wants to take a picture with their camera.

“Say cheese,” the man said. All five of them smiled as he took the picture.

“Kamsahamnida,” smiled So Min and bowed deeply.

“Gwenchana,” the man smiled and patted her head, walking ahead.

“Can I take a flower?” asked So Min and looked at mom.

“You can’t, but you can those that are around the house at home.” She chuckled and held her hand as they were walking to their car.

“Arraso,” smiled So Min and happily walked towards their car as well.

End of flashback

“Those were good times,” I chuckled and put the picture back down. Then I took a blank paper and a pen. I didn’t think of what I should write; my hand was moving on my own.

***

Days passed by. I was spending my week mostly with Ara, who was at home, taking ‘care’ of me, while I was dying from boredom, but most of the time we were playing games, like Monopoly and Scribble, and talking about our childhood. We were talking like we were never separated, yet like we haven’t seen each other for the whole life. Every day was the same. From time to time, mom or dad stayed at home as well, spending time with me, but since they were busy with work, I didn’t want to make them busy even more, so I told them to just go on work.

So a week passed by and Kyuhyun was home again.

“Hey,” I smiled as he walked in the kitchen.

“Morning,” he smiled widely and kissed my forehead. “You ready to go?” he asked.

“Just a moment,” I said and stood up.

“If you need to take luggage, don’t worry, I have a big guy with me.” he smiled and right then Kangin stepped in the kitchen, smiling widely.

“Kangin-shii,” I smiled and waved.

“Annyeong~” he sang and bowed.

“Kangin-ah,” mom smiled and waved to him to sit down. “Sit down,” she said.

“Aniyo,” he started and waved with hands. “I just came with Kyuhyun to pick up So Min. He said that she needs help with her luggage.” He said.

“It’s in my room,” I said and walked on the hallway. “Come,” I smiled and waved to him. He nodded and walked after me upstairs into my room.

“Your room is clean,” he said and looked around.

“Of course it’s clean,” I chuckled and took the envelope from my desk. “Here are my luggage’s…” I said and pointed at two of them.

“They don’t look heavy.” He muttered and took one of them. “Okay, they are.” He laughed. I chuckled and walked after him back downstairs.

“Ara,” I called her. She looked from table at me. I waved to come closer. She stood up and walked to me on the hallway.

“Dae?” she asked. I gave her the envelope, which I took from my desk, and looked straight into her eyes. “W-what’s this?” she asked confused and looked at me.

“This is the letter from me to mom and dad.” I started. Her face frowned. “There are two letters, one for mom and one for dad. Give them, when they’ll accept that I’m gone from this world.” I said and glanced in the dining room, where they were talking with Kyuhyun.

“B-but,” she tried to say, but I overtook her: “Please, Ara. Do this favor for me and for twins…” I whispered.

“Arraso,” she nodded after few minutes. “I’ll give it to them.” She repeated. I smiled and hugged her, whispering into her ear: “Thank you,”

***

“You ready?” Kyuhyun asked after Kangin came back for the second time.

“I’m ready,” I smiled nodding.

“Let’s go then,” he smiled and took my hand.

“Take care, So Min.” mom smiled. “And don’t forget to call.” She added.

“I will and I won’t,” I smiled and waved. “You too, take care.” I added and looked from mom to dad and Ara who was sadly smiling behind them. “Ara, don’t worry about anything.” I said. She nodded and bit her lower lip.

After we said goodbye, I sat on passenger’s seat and this time, Kangin was driving.

“Why don’t you go a little faster?” I suddenly asked, making Kyuhyun frown.

“B-bwoh?” was confused Kangin.

“Go little faster.” I repeated.

“Y-yah, what are you talking about!” Kyuhyun groaned from behind. I looked back at him surprised. “Don’t you dare to do as she says, hyung.” He pierced his eyes at him.

“Aish, jinja…” Kangin sighed. “I’ll drive as I’ll want to drive.” He said to both of us.

“Arraso,” Kyuhyun nodded, while I looked from to another and then thru window, knowing that it will be a much longer way, before we come back to the dorm.