Leaving so soon is too painful

Change

 

I stood there for few minutes, not knowing what to do. I was looking and walking around, trying to find anything, with that I really mean anything, fun to do, but no, the office decided to make me even more bored. I let a loud sigh out and went back into So Min’s office and sat on the chair, at her table. I looked around her table and saw few letters from hospital, already open. As curious as I am, I took one and looked at it. All it was saying were results of her staying in hospital for half a year. I sighed again, but now a little quieter, and put everything back on the table, where it was. Being as bored as I was, my eyes ended glued on the clock that was in front of me on the table; 12am. I leaned back on the chair and start spinning around, making myself soon sick. I stopped and looked up into ceiling to stop thinking about it. Slowly becoming sleepier I fell asleep on the chair, looking like I just got killed.

~No one’s POV~

Taemin fell asleep; So Min was already sleeping. The night was cold outside, but warm inside, feeling Taemin comfortable on the chair.

Soon, around 3am, two guys stepped out of elevator and walked into So Min’s office, laughing at Taemin’s face as he was sleeping. They couldn’t help each other but to take few pictures of him sleeping.

“I…” So Min muttered, making them to freeze on the spot. Slowly turning to her and walking closer, they saw a sudden tear on her cheek. They glanced at each other and looked back at her worriedly, both kissing her forehead, making her feeling better, even if it was just for a little. Then, they decided to go into hotel, and spy a little on her.

~So Min~

“Ugh,” I suddenly heard a groan. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in office, lying on the couch. I tried to get up, but I didn’t have strength, so I only raised my head a little and saw Taemin stretching his arms and yawning loudly.

“T-Taemin,” I muttered his name. He stopped in the middle, with his hands still in the air, and looked at me.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?” he asked and stood up, walking to me, with a little smile on his face.

“A-aniyo,” I smiled. “I-it’s just that I don’t have any strength …” I muttered. His smile suddenly disappeared and looked at me worriedly.

“Are you okay?” he asked and helped me to sit up.

“Ne,” I smiled and lightly bowed with head to thank him.

“Don’t overwork, okay?” he said and looked straight into my eyes. I nodded and smiled again.

Good morning President,” Jenna suddenly came into office. I looked at her and her box in her hands. “I brought you something to eat.” She added and put two boxes on the table in front of me and Taemin, as well as two spoons and forks.

W-what is this?” I asked and looked on the box.

Your breakfast,” she smiled. “Now eat, so you won’t starve.” She quickly added and ran out, before I could say anything else.

Yah, Jenna!” I yelled her name, but she didn’t come back. Instead of that, Taemin opened the box that was in front of him and started eating. I guess he was really hungry, since he ate almost everything in few minutes. I stared at him like he was some kind of alien.

“What?” he asked as he realized me staring at him.

“Nothing,” I chuckled, but soon ended in laughter. I gained my strength back a little and decided to eat as well, but Taemin decided to take a revenge on me and took one bite of my breakfast.

“Yah!” I screamed and pouted as I watched him how he ate it. He evilly grinned and pointed his tongue out.

“Tche,” I clenched with teeth and took one bite. But then, he stole my bite again. “Taemin!” I screamed and pouted even more.

“What?” he asked, pretending to be innocent, while he was eating my bite.

“You just stole my food two times! I want to eat.” I muttered and crossed my arms angrily.

“If you won’t eat, then I’ll eat it.” He said, ignoring my words, pointing at box. I opened my mouth in shock and he did it again, but this time I stopped him with hitting him with my spoon.

“Now this hurts!” he screamed.

“That’s what you get if you steal my food!” I hissed at him, giving him death glare as I started eating. He stopped, but still tried to steal my food away, for laughing at him.

“Morning,” Key’s voice suddenly broke into my office, though he just stepped out of elevator, for sure. I choked as I wasn’t used of yelling in the morning.

“What’s going on?” Minho asked as they all stepped into office, seeing Taemin patting my back and me still chocking.

“She started choking when she heard Key,” Taemin grinned. I smacked his leg, making him stop and looked seriously instead.

“Bwoh?” Key looked shocked at me. I only nodded as I chocked few times and then smiled sadly.

“Mianhe,” I muttered and lightly bowed with head as I put my hands together, like Siwon.

“It’s not your fault,” Jonghyun waved with his hand as he smiled. “It’s Key that’s at fault here, so don’t worry.” He winked and sat down beside me. I chuckled when Key made pouting face like a little kid. You just have to love it and them as they’re making their funny faces.

Then I saw Jenna slowly coming to us. I pretended that I don’t see her, though it was really obvious that she’s there. As she tried to take her boxes back I held her hand. Though I ate and that my strength got back a little, it still didn’t came back all, like in past, I grabbed Jenna’s hand. She looked a little surprised, but then her eyes ended on my hand. She knew exactly what is going on, so I quickly released it and looked away.

I told you that you can stay at home. I know you have to take care of your family.” I muttered, still looking away.

And like I said,” she started, obviously smiling. “I won’t leave President alone in this mess.

I laughed and looked at her.

Thank you,” I smiled really thankfully.

Oh yeah,” Onew remembered. “Did Donghae and Kyuhyun come already?” he asked, looking at Jenna. I looked at him with wide open eyes.

No,” Jenna shook her head.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked, looking directly at Onew. He looked at me confused.

“Didn’t they say that they’ll come today?” he asked.

“They said that they can’t come here till next year, because the weather is just horrible in Korea.” I muttered even more confused than Onew.

“Oh,” was all he said and right then his phone rang. He looked at us and walked out of office. It was obvious who was calling; Kyuhyun or Donghae, one of these two guys.

“They really said that to you?” Key asked.

“Ne,” I nodded and looked at him. He bit his lip and looked at Jonghyun and Minho who only shook their heads.

“Just what is going on?” I asked now a little irritated, but still calm.

“Nothing,” Onew said as he came back. “Donghae called saying that they’ll wait for us at home.” He added smiling.

“I see,” I muttered and looked on the clock. “Ah!” I gasped and quickly stood up, but fell back down as everything became blurry and dizzy.

“Whoa, watch out,” Taemin said and held me, so I fell back on the couch, instead in front on the floor.

“I-I’m fine,” I muttered and held my head. “I’m just tired…” I added and took few deep breaths. I could feel that they were worried, so I just looked at them and put a smile on, saying: “I’m fine, I just stood up quickly.”

“You should go to hospital…” Minho said.

“I intended to,” I smiled and stood up, with Key and Taemin holding me under my elbows, so they more over carried me, than letting me walk. “Geez, guys, I’m really fine.” I muttered as we stopped in front of elevator.

“Even if you like it or not, we’re going to accompany you.” Key said and everyone just nodded, while I knew they won’t listen to me, only if I run away in the middle, because I thought of going to meet up with Jason as well.

I let a quiet sigh out and only nodded, being totally quiet.

When we reached the hospital, Key, Taemin and Minho accompanied me to the doctor, while Onew and Jonghyun parked the car; but still, I felt two pair of eyes watching me from the corner, where I couldn’t see it. I shook my head lightly and walked into room, where Sammy was already waiting for me.

“The results still didn’t came out, but you’re here, like you said.” she said and looked at me. (A/N: They're talking in English from here on.)

“Well, I just want to see if anything happened in these 24 hours, because I suddenly felt no strength when I woke up this morning.” I explained. Her eyes widened a little. “This didn’t happened before, but now … yesterday when I came back, I don’t even know when I went to sleep; all I know is that I woke up today without strength anywhere in my body.”

“These are effects of cancer.” She said and looked down.

“Effects?” I asked confused.

“Every disease has at least one effect. Like anorexia and bulimia has eating disorder, so does cancer has one … and that feeling is tiredness, which will become even bigger in few weeks or months.” She explained, searching thru papers. “But with the medicine I gave it to you, you shouldn’t have felt so tired yet.” She muttered to herself.

“Arraso,” I said, somehow relieved that it’s nothing serious. Right at that minute, she tried to say something, but decided not to.

“Let’s do a check up then,” she smiled after few minutes with her eyes still on papers. I only nodded and stood up; feeling a little dizzy, but I didn’t show it.

“Sit down,” she said and put her hand on my shoulder, making me immediately sit down, like a stone just hit me. I was kind of shock, because I felt such a force, though she only put her hand on my shoulder.

“I’ll call to bring wheelchair. I know you’re dizzy,” she added and took the phone in her hands.

“Another effect?” I asked. She only nodded as she suddenly told into phone to bring one wheelchair into her office. In a few seconds a nurse brought a wheelchair and helped me getting in.

“Where to?” she asked and looked at doctor.

“Room 707,” Sammy answered, taking her papers and opened the doors, so the nurse drove me out. I looked towards boys who were worriedly looking at me.

“Wait a second,” I said to nurse and she stopped. “I’m just going on a check up.” I smiled and we all left.

~SHINee’s side; no one’s POV~ (A/N: Talking in Korean)

As So Min disappeared behind the corner guys looked at each other, knowing nothing good will happen; and they were right. The doctor told them that So Min has to stay in hospital, because she passed out and hit her head in the wall while she was changing.

Can we see her?” Asked Key, worried as hell.

Yes you can, but she’s sleeping a little so you can’t talk with her.” Sammy said and started walking, showing them the way. In the mean time, Onew took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Kyuhyun’s number.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Taemin asked as he was walking beside him.

“Calling Kyuhyun,” Onew said.

“You can’t,” Taemin raised his voice and took his phone from his hands.

“You little… Give my phone back!” Onew hissed as he tried to take his phone back.

“I won’t give it to you,” Taemin said, forgetting that Kyuhyun already picked up and heard everything they were saying. “We promised So Min that we will keep her secret safe, till she decides to tell on her own.”

“Do you know how sick worried Kyuhyun is?” Onew said, looking straight into his eyes.

“I know he’s sick worried about her.” Taemin nodded. “But what will he do when he knows that her disease got worse than it was? You know that he’ll panic even more than So Min is. She’s trying hard to be strong for him and for Donghae. She doesn’t want to make them sick worried, though she has a year and a half left. You should know that. To be this strong, even sounding when she’s on the phone talking with them, it takes a lot of strength. You saw her how sad she was in amusement park when Donghae called her.” Taemin said.

“He’s right,” Sammy suddenly said, making everyone surprised that she's talking Korean. “I’ve studied Korean and So Min was my teacher.” She quickly explained, but continued. “I’ve seen lots of families being worried more than patient’s themselves. They’re trying to be strong for their family, so they can put them at ease a little. Sometimes we don’t tell the truth to the family, on the wish of the patient, but they soon hear it, because they tell them themselves. Same is with So Min.” she pause a little as they reached her room.

“I told her million of times to tell them about her health state, but she didn’t want it. The only people that know her real state are Seung Gi, you and I; band no one else. She tries to keep it away from everyone, but I think they’ll find it sooner or later.” Sammy added and smiled opening her doors.

~Kyuhyun’s side; No One’s POV~

“Hell…” Kyuhyun tried to say, but was cut off by Onew.

“… Give my phone back!” Kyuhyun heard Onew hissing on the other side of phone, but it was quieter, so he barely heard him.

“I won’t give it to you,” Taemin said a little louder, forgetting that Kyuhyun already picked up and heard everything they were saying. “We promised So Min that we will keep her secret safe, till she decides to tell on her own.”

“Do you know how sick worried Kyuhyun is?” Onew said quietly that he barely heard him.

“I know he’s sick worried about her.” Taemin said. “But what will he do when he knows that her disease got worse than it was? You know that he’ll panic even more than So Min is. She’s trying hard to be strong for him and for Donghae. She doesn’t want to make them sick worried, though she has a year and a half left. You should know that. To be this strong, even sounding when she’s on the phone talking with them, it takes a lot of strength. You saw her how sad she was in amusement park when Donghae called her.”

Kyuhyun widely opened his eyes after he heard Taemin.

Her disease got worse? Isn’t she all healthy? She has one and a half year ahead? Kyuhyun asked himself and questions were kept going on and on and on. He stopped walking and looked in front as he was listening to their talk.

“He’s right,” Sammy suddenly said, making Kyuhyun surprised as well, but he could hear her pretty clear. “I’ve studied Korean and So Min was my teacher.” She quickly explained, but continued. “I’ve seen lots of families being worried more than patient’s themselves. They’re trying to be strong for their family, so they can put them at ease a little. Sometimes we don’t tell the truth to the family, on the wish of the patient, but they soon hear it, because they tell them themselves. Same is with So Min.” she paused a little.

“I told her million of times to tell them about her health state, but she didn’t want it. The only people that know her real state are Seung Gi, you and I; and no one else. She tries to keep it away from everyone, but I think they’ll find it sooner or later.” Sammy added and he heard the doors to open.

“Kyu,” Donghae called as he was running towards him. But as soon as Donghae saw Kyuhyun all stiffed and hard as steel, he waved in front of him. No response.

“Kyuhyun~” Donghae sang and stepped right in front of him. Then he saw his phone into his hands right next to his ear. He took his phone, standing like a stone, and put it to his ear. Then he heard few words, but they were quiet, yet one voice, he recognized immediately; So Min.

“…don’t care what you say, I won’t tell them. I won’t make all this worse than it is.” She stopped for a little. Someone tried to say something, but she cut him. “Telling them that I only have one year and a half left, what do you think they’ll do? They’ll end in hospital, because they’ll be sick worried …” she continued, but for Donghae his mind stopped as well.

~After New Year; So Min’s POV~

“Whoa, I’ll never forget the New Year I spent in USA, ever!” Key smiled as we were all sitting on the plane for Korea.

“But it’s probably nothing compared to Korea, right?” I asked and looked at him, obviously teasing.

“Aniyo, I’m serious.” He said seriously. “Though some fireworks were the same, I still loved it.” He added.

“Like everywhere else aren't the same." I rolled with my eyes. "Well, then you have to come back to USA next year.” I still teased and poked him with my elbow under his ribs.

“I don’t know where I’ll be next year, so I don’t promise anything.” he said already excited. I looked at Minho on my left side. He only smiled, knowing exactly how I feel.

~In Korea~

“Welcome back,” Donghae smiled as we stepped into airport, making a way thru all people that were either walking or running.

“We’re back,” I smiled back and hugged him, but I could feel that something was troubling him. As I moved a little away I looked around and realized that Kyuhyun is not there. “Where is Kyuhyun?” I asked and looked right into Donghae’s eyes.

“Uhm … he’s back at dorm …” he said nervously and then looked at guys, avoiding my eye contact. “Hey, thanks for keeping an eye on her,” he smiled.

“No problem,” Onew smiled back. “We had fun time together.” He added and winked at me. I laughed at the memory of amusement park. “We have to go now, so …” he said after few seconds and waved as they started walking away. I waved back and then looked at Donghae, who was somehow looking sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and touched his cheek.

Like my hand is made of ice, he moved his face away from my hand, making me frowned.

“N-nothing,” he stuttered and grabbed my luggage. “Let’s go,” he added, coldly.

This is what you get for not telling them anything. I cursed myself and hit my head few times.

~Donghae’s POV~

I didn’t meant to act this way, but … how can I act, when I know that she’ll be gone. I thought to myself as we were walking towards exit.

Annyeonghaseyo~

I'm sorry that my chapters are boring and that updates are so long, but I'm trying my best, since I have lots of homework and also got sick, while it's still summer. T_T

I promise I'll start uploading more interested chapters.

I'm really thankful that you're bearing with me, commenting and subscribing. It means a lot to me.^^

Mianhe for not updating so long. I really am sorry. -bows 90°-

 

ps: I changed the girl in this photo that is up. I tried to find others, that are similar to So Min, but I couldn't find it. Mianhe

If anyone can find an asian with black hair and blue eyes, please send me in a msg or just comment. I'll be grateful^^