XCVI

Springfield

 

The small pitter patter of water by his ear caused him to stir in his sleep. He moaned as his eyes slowly opened. It took a moment for them to adjust to the new light around him. He turned his head to the side, finding he was no longer laying down on the floor as he had before. He was in a sitting position, his arms folded in front of him and his legs stretched out in front of him.

He had to question if those were indeed his legs he was seeing, his whole body numb from not being used. He questioned how long he had been asleep that he felt this way. Hours? Maybe a day? Maybe multiple days? The latter of those choices seemed to be correct as he used all of his strength to stretch his limbs.

As he finally achieves full feeling in each of his limbs, he straightened his back and sits up, away from the pipe he was leaning onto. He looked down at his leg, finding the bullet wound to be gone. This meant the Wolfsbane must have left his system as he slept. His regenerative abilities promptly went into action after that without a doubt.

Now that he now longer felt pain in his leg however, he felt pain in the pit of his stomach. He was dehydrated and hungry. Starving would be the correct term. He looked around for food or water, only now getting a better look at his surroundings.

The high ceiling room was damp, water dripping from the ceiling. There was a fire going a little ways around from him, lighting up the cement walls and making the cracks in the foundation more apparent as the light flickered across with each straying ember off of the fire. What his eyes noticed soon after however was the small metal tray next to his legs.

On the tray was a small canteen and bread. Actual pieces of bread. The amount was enough to keep him going for a good three days, his body being able to take going hungry longer than a human’s. He hands went to it immediately, scarfing down one piece as though it were nothing. As he finally felt his stomach relax in satisfaction, he ate the rest slowly, savoring the taste of food in his mouth. After all, he didn’t know when he would get another meal again.

Upon finishing the food, he reached over and grabbed the canteen. He opened it, sniffing it first to check it. He only now realized he hadn’t thought about Wolfsbane being in the bread. His body told him otherwise but now he was more careful about the liquid no swirling inside of the canteen he held on to.

“No scent.” He said out loud his findings. He would be able to smell Wolfsbane easily if it was in the drink. However, he smelled nothing. Meaning it was alright to drink. He needed no more confirmation as he drank the contents. There was not much and he stopped himself too late as the last drop made its way down his throat. While it was gone, his body was now satisfied. That was enough for him for now.

He stood up with ease now, his body filled with newfound energy. He took one step forward before he froze. He only now remembered what had happened to him before he passed out. Before he lost consciousness, he had seen shoes. Someone was there.

But who did those shoes belong to? And if that person was the one who helped him, why?

“You don’t belong here.”

Myungsoo looked above him where a lone dark figure was sitting on a beam, the light behind him giving him an orangish glow. Myungsoo didn’t answer to the figure’s statement, his awe at his realization causing him to enter into a daze.

“Why didn’t you escape with the others?”

 

 

 

“I don’t think he gets it. You should probably tell him again.”

The mayor stared down at his desk, his mind reeling with what he had just heard. He couldn’t even begin to contemplate what to say in response. All he heard in his head now were curses.

“That. Kid. You. Took. Has. Friends. In. High. Places.” A young man spoke slowly as though the mayor could not understand the language he was speaking. “Do. You. Understand?”

The mayor looked up from his desk, the pleading image of a victim spread across his wrinkled face, “How was I supposed to know? You all never told me who he was!”

“It's okay. Don't worry about it. Just make sure to come to us for permission whenever you want to shoot someone next time.” Another young man stood up from the sofa in the mayor’s office, a smile on his face. After a split second however, he heaved a sigh, “Is that really what you think we would say in this situation?” He turned to the man closer to the mayor, “What do you think, Daeryong? Is that an appropriate thing to say in this situation?”

The first young man, Daeryong, looked towards the man who shared the same face as he did, “That’s a tough one Soryong.” Daeryong placed his hand on his chin, pretending to contemplate his answer. He parted his lips as though he found the answer he was looking for, “I have got to go with a no on this one.”

The mayor looked back down, no plans of talking his way out of his situation appearing in his mind. He cleared his throat and looked up, locking eyes with an exasperated looking Soryong, “This all happened because you kept back information. You all are making a fool of me with your closed dealings and secrets! There's no real difference between us. In fact I'd say I'm in control of this situation, not you all. This is a partnership-”

A hand slammed down on the desk, causing the mayor to lose his words halfway through his sentence as he flinched back, “Remember who put you here,” Daeryong spoke through his clenched jaw, “because we can take you out just as easily.”

“Patience for you among us has gotten to an all time low lately.” Soryong started before the mayor could say more and effectively set Daeryong off, “This blip in your record has not helped your standing. Don’t think we’re afraid to cut off your umbilical cord. It would be easy and painless.” Daeryong’s lips curved into a smile as he feigned scissors with his fingers and cut an invisible cord. “Do you understand?” Soryong asked the mayor as he took a step closer.

He nodded, his head shaking in the process as Soryong took another step closer to him, effectively scaring the wits out of him.

“Good. Don’t make us put you on a tighter leash. You might just choke next time.” Soryong waved listlessly and Daeryong flashed a smile before following him to the door.

“Don’t go doing anything else stupid.” Daeryong called as he exited the office.

Soryong stuck around, his eyes narrowing at the mayor who kept his head down as he simmered in anger, “We know every move you make. The man you’ve kept locked up isn’t a secret. Neither is what you gave to him. Now that you’ve gotten someone higher up the food chain involved, we couldn’t exactly turn a blind eye.” The mayor gulped down. A serene smile not matching the situation graced Soryong’s features, “But everything will work itself out. It always does. Why else do you think you’re still in one piece?”

The door slammed shut and the mayor breathed out. As he heard the front door of the house shut, he stood up from his desk. His hands swept across the desk, knocking off everything that was on it onto the floor. He let out an unearthly growl in frustration as he gripped onto his hair.

His anger died down as his energy left him and he slumped back over in his chair. “Those Elites think everything will go their way don’t they?” His glossed over eyes glanced back up at the door of his office, “I’m the mayor. I’m the one in charge in Springfield. Me. They won’t take that away from me.”

 

 

 

You took a deep breath as you stood in front of the mayor’s house with Sunggyu, Sungjong, and Hoya at your side. The other’s were all staking the house in case something went wrong and help was needed. After all, getting trapped was not something Sunggyu liked to do, especially after the trip into the Containment Zone.

Hoya put a firm hand onto your shoulder, steadying your nerves that were slowly building up. Sungjong slipped his hand into yours, tugging on it. He was just as nervous as you were. Being at their sides felt good, great in fact. However, relishing in the moment would have to wait. There were more pressing matters to deal with.

You had told the werewolves and B-Bomb about the blueprints you had seen while searching through the mayor’s office. You also told them about the blueprint’s resemblance to the Containment Zone, a name you revealed to them along with it. They couldn’t question you on your knowledge. Myungsoo was top priority at the moment which left you with more time to figure out how to answer their impending questions. Myungsoo being top priority though stopped you from having any other thoughts so in essence, you would be facing their questions in the future with no plan in mind. You were fine with that if it meant getting to Myungsoo.

“Now we just have to figure out how to get those papers,” Sunggyu spoke up, his voice determined as he looked on at the grand house.

“Leave that to me.” Sungjong smiled and Hoya hooked his arm around the younger boy.

--------

A/N: 

As you all can see, Myungsoo is alive and well (though a bit hungry). Also, TASTY is now here. I couldn't resist myself. It was too good to not use. Their appearance is a mystery but it seems they are part of the Elite. Excited to find out more? See you next time then~

 

 

I didn't fall asleep this time. In your face, Sleep! 

okay, off to bed now...