XVIII

Springfield

“So then he brought me back home.” You finished telling Woohyun, who listened to your whole story from beginning to end of what occurred today. He even listened to the story of when Zico first visited. He didn’t seem cross in the least either. He would ask you questions every now and then which you would answer truthfully. You felt no point in hiding anything from him. Though one thing you left out was that you knew the hunters’ names. You felt that would be giving an unfair advantage, no matter how comfortable with Woohyun you felt.

Woohyun reached towards you with his hand. As it neared you, you flinched back in your seat on the couch, unsure of what he was doing. He saw your reaction and retracted himself back, “You said he hit you in your stomach? Does it still hurt?”

You reached down and felt your stomach though no pain registered. You shook your head no. He nodded before sitting back, relaxed now as if that’s all he was thinking about the whole time you told your story; if you were okay.

To Woohyun, it really was all that mattered. Humans were fragile. With a clench of his fist he could break you. He was scared that Zico hadn’t held back but for now he decided to believe that you were just as important to Zico as you were to him.

Important. That word struck a chord in him. He wasn’t sure what was important besides his friends back home. His pack.

“Good.” He muttered, closing his eyes as he breathed in the scent of the burning embers in the fireplace. You watched him for a moment, unable to believe that he was real. He wasn’t perfect that’s for sure but he had such a surreal aura about him, most likely another werewolf thing. You looked to the time above the clock that read seven o’clock. You turned to him and nudged him gently with the tips of your fingers.

“Hey Woohyun, you can’t sleep here.”

He opened one eye and peeked at you, the look on your face enough to amuse him and rouse a short laugh from his mouth, “I’ve done it before though haven’t I? I guess I could just use the bed then.”

You pushed him harder on the arm, sarcastically laughing, “You’re funny.”

He reached up and poked your cheek, “Your angry face is funnier.” You slapped his hand away though it didn’t hurt him in the least. He watched as your ears turned red with frustration and your lips pursed. “Alright alright,” he said, not being able to stand how cute you were, “I got it, I’ll go.” He stood from the couch and walked to the front door. You followed him, thankful your hair was dry by now because when he opened the door you got chills.

Before you closed it after him, he stopped and turned, “You said that Sunggyu told you to talk to me and Hoya today?” You nodded in response, not knowing where he was going with this, “Well now that we’ve talked.” You raised an eyebrow and he shrugged, “Sorta anyway.” You laughed at that but he continued anyway. “On a scale of one to ten, how do you feel about it? About accepting us?“

You thought for a moment. If you took into consideration just Hoya and Woohyun, it’d be an easy eight. But they weren’t the only ones who you had to keep in mind. There was Dongwoo, a mysterious Sungjong, Sunggyu, and of course the ever optimistic Myungsoo. You tsked, “Six?” You questioned before nodding at your own answer.

Woohyun smirked, “Well I’ll take what I can get. See you tomorrow Hyunjoo.”

“Okay.” You say before shutting the door.

 

 

 

“Hey, what’s with you?” Jaehyo asked, toothbrush in mouth as he passed by Zico who had just gotten home. Zico shook his head as he continued up to his bedroom. Jaehyo watched for a moment before shrugging and going back to the bathroom to rinse his mouth.

Zico ran his hands down his face, wiping away frustration. How he wanted to go after those two werewolves in front of your place today. He would gladly do it if tomorrow wasn’t the night he dreaded more than anything in the world. Maybe that was another reason he brought you to talk to him and the others. To remind them that they were on the good side. Your presence there seems to have at least made the air lighter about tomorrow. Except Kyung that is. He seemed in a particularly bad mood when you were on his back when he came home this morning.

Zico paused in front of his bedroom door and turned to the door just adjacent from his. Kyung’s and P.O’s room. He breathed out, thinking it would be best to go in and talk things out, no matter how tired he was right now. He walked up to the door and knocked. Nothing but silence was his answer. He rose an eyebrow and knocked again. Still nothing. He grabbed the handle and turned, finding it open and inside, no one in sight. P.O came walking down the hall with a towel wrapped around his lower body. “What’s up hyung?” He asked Zico, who gave a puzzled look around into the room.

Zico turned to him, “Have you seen Kyung?”

P.O thought for a moment, “Well he said he went out on a walk. To blow off some steam probably.”

Zico didn’t think Kyung would be the type to go walking by himself. He always went with a partner. That’s how things were supposed to work. Even if it was their territory on this side of the lake, there was no telling when the wolves would intrude again for whatever reason.

P.O saw the look and his face and calmed him immediately, “Don’t worry. B-Bomb went walking after him.” Zico blinked for a few moments before relaxing as relief spread over him. He nodded to P.O before himself going over to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

 

 

You locked the front door behind Woohyun and went up to your room. It must’ve been at least two hours before you heard a scratching sound at your window. You awoke with a start, the chilly air blowing through your open window. You pulled the covers off of you and stepped out of bed. You were still drowsy but the cold air helped keep you going with a purpose. When you finally reached the window, you closed it and turned.

Your reflexes made you jump back as an earsplitting scream came out of your mouth. A hand covered your mouth and its owner was someone you recognized almost immediately. Who wouldn’t recognize a handsome face they saw just a few hours ago?

It was a hunter.

Kyung.