XXI

Springfield

All you could see was a rush of bodies flinging themselves towards one another. The speed was incredibly inhuman and sprouted a new found fear for what was going to happen next within you. Describing it vaguely, due to your inability to focus on what was going on, Sunggyu struck the first blow.

His fist impacted straight onto Kyung's face, making him go flying into the tree he was just previously leaning on and his gun to fling harmlessly to his left. Kyung hit his back hard, his eyes threatening to black out on him, but he got back up using sheer will power. B-Bomb didn't hesitate as he gripped Sunggyu's shoulder and yanked for them to look each other face to face.

Apparently, Sunggyu hadn't noticed there was another hunter because he was taken by surprise as B-Bomb punched Sunggyu in fury. Though he didn't show it, an immense pain shot through his fingers. Sunggyu's skin was as hard as metal and the vibration that he felt travel through his body shook him to the core. Sunggyu spat onto the ground before giving a glare to B-Bomb. A glare that sent a message loud and clear. 'You're not the one I'm after.'

But it didn't matter what B-Bomb had read in Sunggyu's fierce eyes.  All that mattered was protecting Kyung.

Thus, B-Bomb persisted, however, Sunggyu saw it coming this time. He scowled in annoyance as B-Bomb attempted to get another punch in, this time using his left hand. His right one still felt the shock from earlier. There was a blur. It was so fast you thought that you were dreaming. B-Bomb's fist went flying through the air towards Sunggyu and missed. It flew through the place Sunggyu's face used to be as a flash grabbed onto B-Bomb's wrist and yanked it behind him. He could feel the strain his bones were going through as they attempted not to break.

He keeled over in pain though it wasn't long before a leg slipped beneath his and caused him to fall onto the ground roughly. When he tried to get up, Sunggyu lifted B-Bomb's arm higher in the air and kicked his back down. B-Bomb let loose an unearthly scream as Sunggyu almost completely popped his arm out of place and crashed his foot into B-Bomb's leg. There was no doubt B-Bomb’s leg was broken. 

That's when a gunshot went off. Your eyes widened even further as you saw blood drip down Sunggyu's upper arm. You followed where the sound came from to find Kyung, who had apparently crawled over to his gun a few feet away from him. Kyung breathed heavily, his back ached and he couldn't control his breathing correctly. Not because he was in pain, not just that at all. There in front of him lay B-Bomb, whose tear stained cheeks were covered with dirt from the ground he was pinned down on. What Kyung was was scared. Mortally.

Before Sunggyu could react and before you could notice it, Sungjong slipped from your grasp and ran quickly to Kyung. He kicked the gun from his hands and then swiftly punched him in the face, successfully knocking him out.

Sungjong snarled as his breathing pitched. He was nervous but the feeling of getting back at Kyung invigorated him.

Sunggyu let go of B-Bomb, whose swollen eyes were on Kyung who lie motionless in front of him.

You couldn't believe what you just watched and honestly you couldn't stop your next words from coming out of your mouth, "Well what now?"

 

 

 

You grunted as you struggled to help up B-Bomb. It was difficult because every other second was filled with whimpers as his left arm and right leg swung back and forth. You leaned him against a tree where he could at least look a bit presentable. He whispered a word of thanks as he clutched onto his arm. You suggested to Sunggyu earlier that B-Bomb and Kyung go to a hospital though Sunggyu dismissed the topic saying they would be fine by tomorrow. From the looks of things though, B-Bomb definitely did not look like he'd feel better by tomorrow.

 "You okay?" You asked him for the umpteenth time. He nodded slightly, his eyes on Kyung whose body was on the ground next to him. "I didn't want this to happen." His eyes yours and without expecting it you found yourself stuttering to explain. It was hard. After all, B-Bomb did nothing wrong. He stepped into a bad situation was all. "Kyung dragged me out here from my house. I'm sorry this happened. I didn't want either of you to get hurt. No matter how much Kyung hates me."

B-Bomb shook his head now, his eyes seeming to say all of the words that his throat couldn't. 'It's okay.'

You heard the sound of crunching leaves near you. You turned, finding Zico standing by a tree, struggling to get a grasp on what he was seeing. You breathed out in relief when Jaehyo, P.O, Taeil, and U-kwon emerged from behind him. Each one of them astonished at the sight before them.

Zico was the first to turn his anger towards you. "What the hell?" He quickly walked over to Kyung who was breathing weakly through his mouth. He growled lowly towards you. He was enraged, of that you were certain of.

B-Bomb leaned off of the tree using the support of Jaehyo and P.O. He mumbled, "Let's go home." You weren't sure what to do. You had called Zico as Sunggyu suggested using the cell phone in B-Bomb’s jacket pocket but you didn't think you should just leave them, B-Bomb and Kyung, there so you stayed until Zico arrived; no matter how much Sunggyu told you to go home. In the end, Sunggyu let you do what you wanted as he and Sungjong started their trek back home.

As you wondered what else you could do for them, B-Bomb stumbled forward. You quickly caught him and gently pushed him back to Jaehyo and P.O. He blinked a few times at your figure. You frowned. The truth was that before Kyung practically threw you out the window of your room, you had heard a voice. B-Bomb's voice as he desperately tried to get through the door. You smiled at him, something that took Jaehyo and P.O on either sides of him by surprise, "Thanks." You whispered before he was carried away, followed by Taeil and U-Kwon carrying Kyung.

Zico sighed and walked towards you as he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. "I'm not going to ask what happened."

You nodded, "I'm sure Kyung will tell you all the details once he wakes up."

Zico wearily gave you a smirk, "I assume you called for a ride." you nodded again and he did it back to you. Taeil called him to hurry up and he frowned. He turned to walk after them before telling you one last thing, "Don't be a stranger sweetheart."

You bit your lip. Zico meant that after this there was no turning back. And as if you had a choice, you had been put into the side of the werewolves. Zico would definitely be seeing you again soon, of that you were sure. And he wouldn't just knock you out next time.

You breathed out and looked towards the road where they disappeared. You walked near it and watched as a pick up truck drove off followed by a white Hyundai. You waited a few more minutes before your mom showed up to take you home, her silence telling you you had a long night ahead of you.