XLII

Springfield

 

“Are you okay?”

“No. Not really.” You answered his question honestly as you buried your face into the palm of your hands. When all you got back was silence, you looked up to find him looking back at you. His expression made you immediately regret speaking before thinking. His thick eyebrows formed wrinkles at the top of the bridge of his nose, his lips formed a line on his face, and his eyes were looking at you the way you hated. The way that made you want to do whatever he wanted. They way that made you want to give in to him. “I was joking. I’m fine, really.” You smiled softly.

He wasn’t convinced. He could tell from the light bags under your eyes that you hadn’t slept peacefully. It was at times like that that he wished he could go comfort you. But, the agreement with the hunters stopped him from visiting you. He reached up for your face and caressed your cheek with the back of his hand. You immediately went shy on him and ducked away from it. He stifled a small laugh.

“Hyunjoo,” someone called from the doorway. You looked towards them and were greeted by an unusually troubled face. Before you could ask what was wrong, another voice interrupted.

“What’s Hoya doing here?” Dongwoo asked as he entered in behind the troubled looking Sungjong.

Hoya immediately sat up straight. He looked away from you and gave the two wolves a look, “Nothing.” He answered knowingly. You shot him a look to which caused his smile to etch into his face deeper.

“What’s wrong?” You asked the two of them.

“What happened yesterday?” Sungjong straightforwardly asked. You rose an eyebrow at him. You didn’t understand his urgency.

“What do you mean? Nothing happened.”

Dongwoo stepped in since Sungjong seemed to be getting nowhere with his questions. “Sunggyu and Myungsoo were acting strange when they came home. So do you have any idea why?”

You stared at Dongwoo and thought over his question. He was right, Myungsoo and Sunggyu were acting strangely. They were clinging to you oddly and they were more edgier than usual as well. What was the reason for it though? Just thinking over the night you knew it immediately. “Oh.” You said out loud upon realizing it.

Dongwoo and Sungjong leaned in, interested. Hoya, who wasn’t sure what was going on, was also just as intrigued.

“There was something.” You said with a pout on your face.

 

 

 

Myungsoo slowly packed his things into his bag. He looked up to see that you had already left with. He focused on your voice and heard you outside with what seemed to be Sungyeol. Sungjong was there as well.

“Hey L.” Myungsoo looked up when he heard his nickname. He found a serious looking Woohyun. “Long time no talk.” Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows together as he attempted to put on a smile.

“Yeah.” Was all Myungsoo said as he swung his backpack over his shoulder. He attempted to walk away but Woohyun stopped him as he grabbed his shoulder and turned him around forcefully.

“Are you avoiding me on purpose?” Woohyun asked accusingly.

Myungsoo shook his head no. He wouldn’t say the obvious. Woohyun read his expression and sighed.

“Is this because you don’t want to talk about what happened at the party?” Woohyun searched Myungsoo’s eyes for any hint of emotion and he caught it. Myungsoo’s eyes flickered with something. Something that Woohyun didn’t quite understand. Something he wasn’t sure he wanted to understand. “Listen, whatever reason you had for not going after Hyunjoo yourself, I don’t need to know it. If you’re that hell bent on keeping something from me then I will let you do it. Just don’t avoid me okay? We’re together in this.”

Myungsoo looked at Woohyun with determined eyes. He didn’t even understand his own actions right now. What Woohyun was saying was right though, the pack was in this together. Myungsoo believed in that fact more than anything.

 

 

 

Myungsoo breathed out as he walked with slightly wet feet across the wooden floorboards of the living room. He rubbed his wet hair with a small towel as he made his way to the kitchen. As he reached the doorway to the kitchen, a ringing sound went off in his ears. He looked towards the noise, finding a small, vibrating phone on the coffee table in the living room. He blinked a few times as it ringed. It was Sungyeol’s phone. He could tell from the background on it. It continued to ring endlessly as Myungsoo stared at it.

He looked around for Sungyeol, or anyone else. The reason being? Because your name flashed on the caller id. He didn’t want to pick it up. He rather ignore it. However, before he knew it, he found himself walking towards it unconsciously. He hadn’t realized what he was doing until he picked it up and heard your voice.

“Sungyeol, remember today when you carried my scarf for me? You didn’t give it back did you?” Myungsoo heard the sound of ruffling clothes, “Because I can’t find it. I don’t want to buy a new one.” He heard you mumble the last part in an annoyed tone.

He didn’t answer back. Instead he listened to the sound of your movements around on the other side of the phone. Your light breathes into the phone. Your feet softly tapping onto the wooden floor. The part of your lips as you started to speak again.

“Sungyeol? Are you there?”

“L?”

Myungsoo froze in his spot. He turned to his left, finding Sungyeol standing there with a confused look on his face. His eyes widened when he saw Myungsoo holding his phone. Before he could ask about it, Myungsoo held it out to him nonchalantly.

“About time you got here.” He covered up snarkily as he held the phone out to Sungyeol. Sungyeol eyed him suspiciously before walking towards him and taking it. Sungyeol put it to his ear.

“Hello?” He warily questioned.

“Sungyeol?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened at the sound of your voice. He looked back towards Myungsoo who turned the corner and disappeared into the kitchen like nothing had happened.

“Sungyeol?” You said again.

Sungyeol came back to planet earth at the sound of you calling him again. He cleared his throat, “What’s up?” He listened to your reason for calling, “Oh yeah, I have it.”

 

 

 

You hung up your phone and laid back on your bed, your face devoid of emotion. You weren’t sure what to think. You were glad Sungyeol had your scarf, yes, but you were puzzled at the fact that you heard Myungsoo’s clear voice through the phone. You only thought about it for a second more before shaking your head and burying it into one of your pillows.

 

 

 

Myungsoo got back to his room and dragged his feet over to his bed before falling onto it like a dead person. “What’s wrong with me?” He asked himself out loud.

Thoughts of you floated into his mind without his permission, causing a low, audible growl to come from his mouth. He flipped onto his back and stared at the ceiling, remembering something that he used to hear often from Sunggyu’s grandfather.

“Your strength to feign innocence towards the truth is what makes me admire you...” Myungsoo said to himself. He didn’t finish the old man’s quote because for some reason, he couldn’t remember the rest. He racked his brain for it but nothing came up. Instead, he found himself muttering the first part of it over and over.

 

 

 

You were awoken by a loud banging on your door. You shifted in your bed, finding comfort in covering your ears with your pillow.

“Hyunjoo!”

You heard a loud voice yell your name in anger. You immediately sat up in your bed because you would recognize that voice anywhere. You quickly jumped out of bed and stumbled over your own two feet as your raced to the stairs.

“Hyunjoo!”

The voice yelled again as their fist threatened to break down your door. You quickly stepped down the stairs and unlocked the door. The person on the other side opened immediately.

“Hey wait.” You called after them as they stormed inside of your house. You followed them into the living room though you were still tired so you had to steady yourself on the couch’s frame. “What time is it?” You asked yourself as you focused on the clock below the television. It read in green text that it was thirty eight minutes past midnight. You looked at the intruder with a frown on your face as they rushed through your house like a tornado. “Hey, hey, what’s going on?”

They didn’t answer you as they continued to search the house. Soon, you found the intruder attempting to go up the stairs. You quickly grabbed onto their arm to stop them. You got back a death threat of a glare in return.

“Zico, what’s going on?” You asked, your tone serious.

Zico shoved your hand away from him, “Don’t act like you don’t know.”

“I don’t.” You retorted, angry.

“Well you should,” Zico took a step closer to you, so close you could feel his hot breath on your face, “One of your wolf boyfriends broke their promise tonight.”

------------

A/N:

One of my lovely commenters, hellopanda23, is a Sunggyu supporter. Out of my love for both infinite, my commenter, and everyone out there who is a fellow Sunggyu supporter, I have completely redone the GIF banner I had posted in the last chapter. Now, all of the members are included for all the Sungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu fans out there! 

Yes, Bang Minah is Minah from Girl's Day. Remember though, this is all fictional. :)

Don't forget to leave your lovely comments below~