L

Springfield

 

When you left school that day, you had gotten a call from B-Bomb. He said that he was waiting for you in front of your house and sure enough, there he was. He got off of the truck he was leaning on and patted on the hood of the vehicle. “Get in.” He told you as he walked around the front of the car to the driver’s seat.

You walked up to the passenger door and looked inside at him buckling up. “You’re kidding right?” You said loudly in order for him to hear you through the glass. “I cannot just be going with you whenever you please. In case you didn’t notice, my friends don’t exactly like you.”

B-Bomb looked over at you and opened the window on the passenger side, “That never stopped you before. Now get in.” You still stood outside the door, not sure if you should. Like Hoya had told you last time, if Woohyun found out then you didn’t want to see the look on his face. B-Bomb growled as he tightened his grip on the wheel. He could tell you were thinking of those wolf boys and he didn’t like it, “Really? You’re hesitating? You should get in while I’m being nice. Going along with me is in your best interests as well. I have something important to tell you.”

Your ears perked up at that last sentence. You opened the door without a second thought and began to buckle up. B-Bomb looked at you indignantly.

“You know, just one month ago, you would have got in before I even told you to.”

You looked over at him as you clicked your seatbelt in, “Are you jealous?” You threw him a coy smile as though you knew he was. B-Bomb scoffed and looked away from you. “You are you are.” You teased as he drove away from your house.

 

 

 

“Wait, what?” You asked as you sat up in the couch.

“Remember that day Zico and I were hurt?” B-Bomb said as in sat down in the lounge chair in front of the couch.

“How could I forget?”

“Well I remembered some stuff from that day. I couldn’t tell you before because Zico has been keeping an eye on me. Today, if we had stayed at your house he would have showed up sooner or later to check up on me.  But, he’s patrolling today and won’t think of coming home for a while, that’s why I brought you here.” He gestured to the hunters’ living room.

You scooted forward in your seat, “What did you remember?”

“I had followed Zico that day. Remember when I told you that he had been going out at night and showing up in the morning dirty and tired? Well I decided to figure out what he was doing. I followed him to a clearing of some kind though what happened after was weird.” He paused to make eye contact with you, “The thing is, a werewolf attacked him.”

Your eyes widened. “What?” You asked, not being able to process what you had just heard.

“A werewolf jumped from the forest and attacked him. I couldn’t believe the difference in strength. Zico had no chance, I had to help him, so I did. Though as you saw, it didn’t turn out well for either of us. I’m amazed we survived.  The monster must have gone easy on us. Then, Zico dragged the both of us back home.” B-Bomb stopped and looked at you, “Don’t say it’s impossible because it’s not. One of your so called ‘friends’ attacked us that night."

You shook your head no, “It is impossible.”

“Why?” B-Bomb rose an eyebrow at the expression on your face, “Because they would have told you? Last time I checked you got in the car in order to find out about what’s going on.” He calmly pointed out.

You stared at B-Bomb wordlessly. He was right. Every single thing he said was spot on. You hated yourself for being easy to read yet unable to read anyone else.  Still, there was one thing you could be sure of and that was that Sunggyu would never let himself nor any of the other werewolves do something like that. Despite what happened on the day before the full moon, you knew for a fact that no one you knew could have attacked B-Bomb and Zico. “Anything else?” You asked lowly.

“What?"

“That’s all that happened that night?” You lifted your head and stared at him with determined eyes.

B-Bomb was a bit taken back by how quickly you recovered. He got over his shock and answered, “That and he kept mumbling something about a ‘necklace.’ “ The front door opened about B-Bomb immediately looked towards the door.

You thought over his words a bit longer. A necklace. Zico was looking for a necklace. But why? Not only that, but you were sure that the werewolves you knew did not attack Zico. They would never stoop that low. Everything was becoming more and more complicated the more you thought about it.

“Zico.” B-Bomb stood up from his seat.

“Oh, so you were here?” Zico said as he entered the living room. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw you. “What are you doing here?” He questioned you, clearly angry. He shot a glance at B-Bomb as if reprimanding him.

“I’ll take you home.” B-Bomb told you as he walked towards the entrance of the house. You followed him, knowing full well that Zico was giving you a glare that could kill right about now. Before you could make it out of the door, Zico yelled from behind you.

“You come over so much, why don’t you just join us instead of those werewolves?” Zico joked snarkily. B-Bomb shut the front door behind you.

 

 

 

You looked at the clock on the dash of your vintage red Volkswagon. It read just a little past six o’ clock. Just after B-Bomb had dropped you off at home, you decided to go ahead and drive to the werewolves’ house. Everything B-Bomb had said was stuck in your head and was doing the tango with everything Tiffany had told you. You just didn’t want to think about it anymore. Not about the necklace Zico wanted. Not about the wolf that attacked him and B-Bomb. Not about the gate that held behind it what Sunggyu wanted. Everything just needed to erase itself. You were thinking so hard you were getting a headache. Not to mention that you kept worrying about the werewolves and the hunters fighting each other for no reason. All of it was unnecessary stress and like Dongwoo and Hoya had told you, it wasn’t your business.

Tiffany’s words rang in your head now whether you liked it or not.

“She thinks I can do something about it?” You shook your head no and kept your eyes on the road.

 

 

 

You creaked open the front door to the house, surprised to find that it was left open. “Hello?” You called out into the house. No one answered your call. “Weird.” You swung the door back and forth, wondering if you should go in anyway. As your heavy thoughts rang in the back of your head again, you knew there was no turning back. You walked in lightly. “Dongwoo? Sungjong?” You walked into the living room and still there was no one. Not even the fire in the fireplace was on as usual. “Sungyeol? Hoya?” You peaked into the kitchen, still no one, “Woohyun?”

You shook your head in disapproval, “Seven guys live here and not a one is home?”

You walked back into the hallway, meaning to go upstairs. “Myungsoo?” You called up the stairs, still no answer. You bit your lip, starting to worry about them. If they weren’t here, then where were they? And why was the door open? Your attempt at coming here to make your headache go away was just making it worse.

You found yourself passing by a whole hallway full of doors. One of them you recognized as Myungsoo’s but when you peaked inside he was nowhere to be found. You closed it before the smell of his colon would tempt you to look around more. You were about to call one of them when you heard it, a voice further ahead of you.

“I still have nothing on it. I don’t even think she knows what the mayor does.”

Your ears perked up at the sound. It was definitely one you recognized from hearing on a daily basis. Not only that, but you recognized this voice from somewhere else. But where? You couldn’t put a finger on it but you knew it happened a while ago. The voice was clear and pleasing to your eardrums; Myungsoo’s voice.

The voice that followed was Sunggyu’s, “Bang Minah was our best lead. Even though she may not know anything, being with her puts you closer to the mayor’s affairs.”

You approached where the voices were coming from, finding them inside a room at the end of the hall. You figured it must have been Sunggyu’s room since the carvings on the doorframe were more intricate than the others. The door was closed, but you could hear from the volume at which they were talking that they didn’t notice your presence.

Myungsoo’s voice was a bit troubled sounding, as if he didn’t like what he was doing, “The closer I get the more she expects from me.”

“I know this is difficult for you, but until you hear anything about the necklace, we’re stuck twiddling our thumbs. We can’t help until we find out where it is. Hang in there.”

Myungsoo growled lowly, “I understand.” 

You blinked as you stared at your feet. Your head cocked to the right as your brain started to put things together. Before you knew it, you found yourself back at home, staring at yourself in the mirror of your bathroom. You didn’t even tell Myungsoo and Sunggyu you were there, everything was a blur as you calmly arrived back.

You locked eyes with yourself one more time, “No.” You said as you shook your head vigorously. “No, This isn’t my business.” You got changed into comfier clothes and headed down to the kitchen. When you opened the freezer, a frown came onto your face. There was no ice cream. Just when you needed it to forget everything, it wasn’t there. You looked towards the front door, wondering if you should go get some. Your bit your bottom lip in anticipation of the delicious frozen treat.

 

 

 

You hummed as you took large steps in order to entertain yourself as you made your way to the nearest store. Anything that helped your clear your head right now was fair game. Even if that included looking through your old school photos or playing cards by the fireplace by yourself.

You wondered what time it was but when you reached into your pocket, you realized you forgot your phone. It was too late to go back and get it so you just shrugged the thought off. You jumped as a squirrel suddenly dropped down in front of you from a nearby tree and scampered off across the street. Before you could question it, or be shocked in the least, something else caught your attention. You saw a car parked in a small opening of the trees to your left.

You brushed it off as a camper and decided to walk by but then your peripheral vision caught something that made you duck down on instinct. You quickly shuffled over to a nearby tree and hid behind it, trying to stop breathing so roughly. For a moment, you wondered if what you saw was right. If that figure really did belong to who you thought it did. The headlights on the familiar truck lit up the figure, confirming your suspicions.

“Zico?” You questioned out loud, forgetting to keep your voice down. He turned his head towards your direction and you clamped a hand over your mouth. Your heart beat like crazy and you could have sworn he saw you. However, when he started to walk away and the headlights on the car switched off, you knew he hadn’t. From the look he had when you saw him just now, it seemed as though something preoccupied his mind. He looked exactly as your reflection did just earlier.

Without thinking, you followed after him. You cursed under your breath as you feet seemed to choose now to be the time they were the clumsiest. Each time he stopped and looked around, you hid behind a tree. You almost tripped on multiple occasions over dense tree roots while following him. You followed his burdened looking back deeper and deeper into the forest. Having your phone at this moment would have been better, however, that was not an option. You wondered how long you had followed him. Soon, every single animal noise from the forest surrounding you made you jump and flinch. At certain times, you thought you lost Zico, but he then you would find him again, looking around with wary eyes. You wondered what he was looking for, wondered that and many more as you followed him.

As he came to a stop for the umpteenth time, you were about to hide again, only to have something yank you from the left roughly. You yelped as your vision blurred and you were lifted off the ground. 

----------

A/N:

By the way, L (the chapter title this time) = 50 in roman numerals. I didn't want to put a note about it at the beginning so here it is now.

Another cliffhanger for you guys~