C

Springfield

 

B-bomb leaned over in his seat on the couch, eyeing the door. “Where is she?” He questioned out loud. It was now six o’clock at night.

“She said she’d come over right after school.” Hoya reported again for the umpteenth time tonight. Everyone had been asking where you were for the past hour and he would always reply with this same sentence. He cursed at himself for not seeing you to the house. He thought his luck was already good for the day and didn’t want to push his luck by, for the first time, asking to ride to the house with you, alone.

“I’d call her but.” Woohyun sighed from next to B-bomb on the couch. He would call you, like he said, but since he gave his phone to Myungsoo he had no way to do so anymore.

“Let me call.” Hoya slipped his hand into his pocket and slid his phone out before quickly dialing your number. The other line rang twice, merely twice, before the voicemail kicked in. Hoya pulled the phone from his ear, narrowing his eyes in confusion, “She turned off her phone.” You never turned off your phone. Never. There were times when he would call you and you would urgently tell him your phone was about to die so you couldn’t talk right now but never did he call and only get two rings before the voicemail picked up. He didn’t believe it. He ended the call and called again, thinking he heard wrong. Still, the same thing happened. “She really did turn off her phone.

“We talked during passing period after lunch,” Dongwoo spoke up as he entered the living room from the kitchen, a sandwich in his hand. He took another bite of it, “She said she would see me later at home. So her mind didn’t change between this morning and then.”

“Maybe she went home first.” Sungyeol said, trying his utmost to stay positive about your disappearance.

“I’ll check it out.” Sungjong stood up without a second word, a blur as he left the living room, the sound of the front door opening and closely quickly being the indication he had left.

There was now silence in the living room except for the ever so often crunching sound as Dongwoo ate his sandwich. Even Dongwoo however seemed to be only eating it out of convenience, his mind not on the sandwich in the least. Myungsoo disappearing was enough to put everyone on edge. The fact that now you had disappeared did not bode well with them.

Sunggyu laid out the papers gathered in front of him on the coffee table. Despite the atmosphere that now flowed through the living room, he knew getting to the main point of tonight’s gathering was what was most important. Sungjong was going to get you after all, everything would be fine. “While Sungjong gets her, we should get started.” He started to explain to them what he had found out about the blueprints after reviewing them all of last night.

However, while he explained, Sungyeol snuck glances at the door. Hoya stared down at the plans, not hearing Sunggyu’s following words as he became distracted by his own thoughts. B-Bomb mindlessly listened as Sunggyu explained the plans to all of them.

“Each of these dashed lines represents a door that can be open or closed at different points in time.”

“You said that already Hyung.” Dongwoo pointed out and Sunggyu froze mid-sentence. He looked up at Dongwoo, a stunned expression on his face.

“Did I?” Sunggyu whispered, his voice cracking. He cleared his throat and looked away before starting again.

Woohyun clenched his fists, his body feeling restless without you by his side. Dongwoo looked around the room, seeing his own feelings reflected in the faces of each of his friends. He instead decided to focus on Sunggyu’s words, persuading himself that you were fine. That Sungjong would walk through the door with you tailing behind him apologizing about not answering your phone with a smile on your face.

 

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

A voice caused your eyes to twitch. You parted your lips, a light breath producing from them. You felt pins and needles pricking each part of your body. Your body was still asleep despite your conscious just now waking up. A feeling you hated.

Your eyes saw darkness, an effect of your eyelids being too tired to open. You forced yourself to not give into the temptation of sleep. Soon, a light fluttering of your eyelashes occurred. You breathed out again, a musky smell caused you to cough lightly. You wet your lips as your eyes attempted to now focus on your surroundings.

Darkness. Darkness coupled with a distant pale yellow light. Your fingertips felt the ground beneath you. Only now did you put together what it was. Concrete. Slightly dewy concrete and you were laying stomach down on it. You knew this place The smell, the feeling you now got from this place, the fact that you found yourself laying down on concrete. The faded blue light that shone in from the ceiling simply affirmed your conclusion.

This place was one you had been to before.

This was the Containment Zone.

Your eyes focused further and you saw the sole of a shoe poking out into your line of sight. You tilted your head up slightly, tracing the shoe up to the leg it was adorned on. The leg it was adorned on up to the waist it was connected to. The waist it was connected to to the torso above the waist. From there, as soon as you traced from the torso up to the neck, the outline of the chin of who you were now looking at becoming apparent, a small click sounded in your head. Your eyes snapped open completely and you pushed your body up.

Your head rushed due to your sudden movement. You put your palm to your temple as you steadied yourself. Despite the pain, your heart raced like crazy due to the person now sitting next to you with his back on the wall, one of his legs propped up while the other extended out. After so long, after so much worrying, here he was. Fine as can be.

“Myungsoo.”

You whispered, your lips curving into a smile you had no idea you were showing. A small tsk came out of his mouth as he diverted his eyes away from you.

----------

A/N:

The 100th Chapter! Wow! It's been so long! I can't even believe we made it this far together! The BIG 100 and it hasn't ended yet. Have you enjoyed the ride as much as I have? Let's continue on as we experience this story together!

The big announcement of this, chapter 100, is that the update days will be CHANGED! Oh my, then what days will this story be updated? Why, that would be on the days most convenient for not only me but for most all of you, my readers (or I would hope it is). This Saturday, anticipate a special 101st chapter in celebration of 100 chapters. Then, the following Saturday, I will begin updating on Saturdays and Sundays. So you heard it here first, before I even post it on the story feed. Springfield will now be updated on the weekends! 

 

 

Did I hype you up for the announcement only to let you down? I promise I won't troll you all, not now and not in the future! Now, only one last thing to be said, I love you guys!