XXIX

Springfield

"Here." Woohyun handed a plastic bag filled with food over to Sungyeol. He took it and hung it off of the handles of his bike. Woohyun eyed him. Sungyeol wasn't his usual self. He seemed more serious. Often at times he'd get a distant look on his face, "Hey, what's up with you lately?"

Sungyeol looked over to him and frowned, "Nothing, why?"

Woohyun paused for a moment. He could tell when something was wrong and he had a feeling he knew what it was about. "Is it Hyunjoo?" Sungyeol's jaw tightened. Woohyun had known it had something to do with you. Lately, everything had to do with you. "Is she getting to you?" Woohyun could tell that Sungyeol was trying to keep it a secret that he knew you and he wouldn't stop him if that's what he wanted to do.

Sungyeol sighed. He pouted and shook his head vigorously. "No way." He denied a bit too dejectedly.

Woohyun smiled at the chance to , "That's good then. Since I already marked her and all." Woohyun shrugged while he glanced at Sungyeol from his peripheral.

Sungyeol gave exactly the kind of childish reaction that Woohyun wanted. "So what? Just because you marked her doesn't mean anything. Those kinds of things don't last forever." Sungyeol kicked the ground with a pouting expression on his face. Woohyun laughed out loud. He didn't care that Sungyeol had now figured out he was just messing with him.

Sungyeol stopped walking and parked his bike. He attempted to get at Woohyun, who smoothly stopped his hands by grasping onto his wrists. Woohyun continued to laugh as Sungyeol struggled against him. Just then, Sungyeol stomped on his foot. Victory was had by him as Woohyun doubled over in pain. Sungyeol was the one laughing now.

"Sorry to interrupt."

They immediately straightened up in attention at the voice. They turned and found a shorter boy standing in front of them. Another figure, a handsome boy with brown hair, stepped out from behind him, "But we'd like to have a little chat." The handsome boy grinned. No matter how kind the gesture was, Sungyeol and Woohyun knew better what was hidden behind it. A deep-rooted animosity for their kind.

 

 

 

“Nice to see you actually showed up.” Zico smirked as he lifted himself from the tree he was leaning on.

“We won’t back down from an easy fight.” Woohyun confidently spoke.

“This side of the lake is our territory.” Sungyeol snarled a bit, irritated that the hunters had chosen here as where they would have their little “chat.”

 “And Hyunjoo’s house is our territory. Want us to count how many times your kind has been there?” Kyung narrowed his eyes, all the while with his grip on the holster on his belt.

Woohyun didn’t like that Kyung used your name so freely. It sickened him a bit as well. Kyung said your name as if he was spitting out something that didn’t taste good. Woohyun felt ashamed for even thinking you were actually aligned with the hunters. “Is that what this chat is about?”

“A bit. Though not exactly what you think it is.” U-kwon shrugged.

Zico took a step forward and held out his hand, “I don’t care what little sweetheart does in her free time but when you visit her house it causes us to become more than just a little irritated. All you have to do is say you won’t visit her on our territory and we won’t bother with hunting you down. Everyone wins. Deal?”

Sungyeol shook his head no. He didn’t like where this was going. Everything seemed a bit too easy. If this was just about territory then they wouldn’t even be fighting with the hunters to begin with. Woohyun felt the same way. There was no way that was all there was to the “deal.”

Zico noticed the looks on their faces, “Oh, I forgot to mention. Full moons are fair game. As always.”

“You mean no fighting except for on full moons?” Sungyeol questioned as his body took a defensive stance.

Zico nodded with a grin however Woohyun and Sungyeol didn’t believe him at all. They didn’t understand what he was playing at and for some reason they didn’t want to. The two of them exchanged glances around them. The hunters themselves seemed a bit lost as to where this was going. Everything had a sense of mystery about it. But, Woohyun knew what Sunggyu would do if he was here.

“Fair enough.” He answered. Sungyeol gritted his teeth, angered that it felt like everything was going exactly how the hunters’ wanted it to. Woohyun nonetheless took hold of Zico’s outstretched hand and shook it.

Sungyeol did the same afterward. No matter how much he didn’t like this, Woohyun seemed to know what he was doing. Suddenly, Sungyeol’s phone rang. He let go of Zico’s hand and reached into his pocket for it. Before he could answer, Zico snatched it from him. Woohyun and Sungyeol immediately went on the defensive.

“Hello.” Zico smiled as the person on the other side went frantic. “Come and get him.” He said before snapping the phone closed and tossing it back to Sungyeol. Sungyeol and Woohyun both growled at him. B-Bomb’s phone rang and he slowly picked it up. He began to whisper some things as Woohyun went straight for Zico. He was stopped as Kyung and Jaehyo blocked his way. He lashed out on both of them and they were both flung to the ground by his strong grip. Sungyeol on the other hand was preoccupied by P.O, U-Kwon, and Taeil.

“Who do you think you are?” Woohyun snarled as he grabbed onto Zico’s collar.

B-Bomb gripped onto Woohyun’s arm, “Can’t let us have a little fun?” He jested to Woohyun. Zico looked at him wide-eyed. That was the last thing he expected to come out of B-Bomb’s mouth at this moment. Woohyun glared at B-Bomb for a moment before letting go of Zico’s shirt. He took a few steps back, his eyes looking them over.

B-Bomb shot a look at Zico who wasn’t making his job of keeping the peace all that easy. He knew exactly why Zico was acting this way too. All in order to get your attention. He wasn’t the only who noticed the way Zico was acting lately. Acting a little more playful than usual. A little more active as well. If someone had to play the bad guy towards the werewolves though, B-Bomb would rather it be him than Zico.

Zico caught the hint. Besides, he didn’t want to go up against Sunggyu and several other werewolves. He saw what had happened to B-Bomb and Kyung last time. “I think it’s time we leave.” Zico said, getting the attention of the rest of the hunters. They were more than thankful he said that because they were in no way prepared to fight after what had happened during last night’s full moon.

They all stood up and left, leaving Sungyeol and Woohyun in the clearing by the lake by themselves. “What was that?” Sungyeol asked while he fixed his clothes.

Woohyun glared at the place they just left from, “I don’t know.” He turned back to Sungyeol, “Let’s just wait until Sunggyu gets here.” Sungyeol nodded in response. 

-----------------

A/N:

Wow, two new subscribers at once, that's a first. A pleasant first of course~

I'm glad I cleared up any misunderstandings now, phew! I'll try my best not to make things vague from now on. 

As for other titles for this fanfiction, "50 Shades of Grey" actually made me crack up. Thank you for making my day. Truthfully, I read and finished that book. I'm still trying to get over my amazement of all of it. 

Don't forget to leave a comment below. (it helps me more than you know~)