XXXIII

Springfield

You looked up with wide eyes at the sight in front of you. It was like a mini-white house. Two large white pillars stood framing the entrance that was a large wooden door with glass windowing. It was beautiful. It was definitely not in your mom’s price range either.

Myungsoo leaned down to your height level by your ear, “Amazed?” He whispered. You jumped and moved away from him. He threw you one of his signature forever smirking faces before he walked past you up to the house in front of you.

“Let’s go.” Sungyeol held out his arm to you. You looked at it and blinked a few times. He stared at you as if waiting for you to do something.

“Oh dear god, just hook arms already,” Sungjong came from behind and forcibly grabbed your arm and slipped it through Sungyeol’s, “Kids.” He mumbled with a laugh before walking towards the house with Dongwoo and Sunggyu.

“Try not to cause trouble.” Sunggyu warned before he turned his back on you.

You threw a weak punch with your free left hand at his back as soon as he turned. Sungyeol laughed next to you, pleased that you were still the same girl he saw on the first day of school. You mimicked Sunggyu’s facial expression in mocking.

“Despite the faces, you look beautiful.” Hoya appeared to your left. You looked down at the simple gray dress that you were wearing. You weren’t sure where the beauty was but you were grateful for the compliment. Before you could respond, Woohyun wedged his chin onto your shoulder.

“Glad to see you own something besides oversized shirts and skinny jeans with tennis shoes.” He teased. You shrugged him off the shoulder and glared at him. He feigned a scared look before laughing along with Hoya.

“Ready?” Sungyeol asked you as he tugged a bit on your arm that was wrapped through his. You looked up at him and nodded. You didn’t know what you had to be ready for but with the seven werewolves by your side, you weren’t that scared of it. If only they could’ve felt the same way.

 

 

 

You squeezed onto Sungyeol’s hand. In the past thirty minutes, you had gone from simply having your arm hooked through his to having both that and your fingers interlocked together. Every time someone would come up to talk to him he would freeze up and get the shivers. Holding onto his hand was the only way you could get him to join everyone else back on earth. It all started when he first greeted the Mayor’s wife at the door. She looked more than pleased to see him however he seemed to have different feelings. As did Woohyun and Hoya. They gave her cold handshakes and exchanged meaningless conversation. Soon, Woohyun and Hoya were dragged off by the Mayor’s wife to be introduced to one of her new friends. This left you and Sungyeol alone; which only added to his nervousness.

He noticed your worried looks in his direction and gave you a grateful yet weary smile, “Sorry, I’m not a big fan of this whole attraction ability.” He seemed not nervous but scared. Scared of what was really behind the facades of everyone who greeted him so far.

You merely smiled back at him, an expression he appreciated more than any words you could’ve said. You owed him after all. You were going to fulfill the promise you made to turn your reason into something not selfish and you meant it. If that meant having to get your hand drenched in sweat so be it. If that’s what it took to calm him down you were okay with it. You would’ve given any amount of smiles to make his complexion a bit brighter.

“Sungyeol!” Sunggyu came from the hallway and approached the two of you at the refreshment table. “The main event is nearing. We have to go.” He whispered as soon as he was close enough. Sungyeol looked at you, a regretful expression on his face.

Sunggyu looked down to see the two of your intertwining fingers. His expression twitched a bit though he hid it by quickly shifting his gaze away.

Sungyeol slowly unwrapped his fingers from yours and let you go, “Stay here.”  He said, worried he wouldn’t be able to find you again for support after the main event. You nodded reassuringly at him and he left with Sunggyu. Soon, everyone piled out into the large backyard of the Mayor’s house. You on the other hand, stayed behind and looked out the window next to the refreshment table. You were able to hear what was being said after you opened the window.

The lights hanging from the trees illuminated the whole backyard as if it wasn’t even nighttime. Everyone stood around the front improvised wooden square on the ground that was the stage. The Mayor’s wife walked up to it, microphone in hand.

“Thank you everyone for coming tonight.” Everyone clapped and you could spot from the crowd that girl Bang Minah, her friends, and most everyone from school. The backyard was large enough to hold all of them. “This is just the beginning of tonight’s festivities so don’t get disappointed just yet.” A few people in the audience chuckled. She went on about formalities. Things about Springfield from the old days. How it was started by just three families who discovered the beautiful lake and made it their home. You were too busy looking for Sungyeol, Woohyun, Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Hoya among the people to really pay attention.

A pair of arms enclosed around you and landed beside yours on the window sill. You immediately elbowed the presence behind you. You heard a familiar, hoarse, voice curse before they removed their hands from around you. You turned to find a pair of eagle like eyes looking back at you. “Zico.” You mumbled, confused. “What are you doing here?” You said through gritted teeth dangerously.

“Well, I’m fine. Thanks for asking.” He chortled at your attempt to threaten him. It was too cute for him not to. You gave him a look that begged the question, ‘What do you want?’ He sighed and answered your eyes, “I was invited too you know. I wouldn’t have to see your face otherwise.” You squinted a bit at the harsh comment but you quickly got over it.

“Then leave me and my face alone. I don’t have time for you and you probably don’t have time for me either.” You told him.

He nodded, “That’s right. I don’t have time for you.” The two of your stared at each other a moment longer. It was as if he was looking you over. You felt completely exposed despite being clothed. He took a step towards you, his eyes still traveling up and down your body, “No time at all.” He whispered by your face.

You frowned and pushed him away in anger, “Same here.” You whispered. His face remained the same before it slowly curved into a smile. He took a few steps backwards from you before leaving the room. You let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding.

You looked down at the punch and decided to use it to clear your throat. Before you could take a sip, a hand took the cup away from you. You glared instantly, thinking it was Zico again. However, you softened upon seeing who it actually was.

“B-Bomb.” Your face formed a smile in reflex.

“Don’t show me that silly grin, you shouldn’t be drinking this stuff.” He said with a serious expression as he poured the punch back into the bowl.

“Why?” You questioned, the hand that just held the drink still hanging in the air.

He looked at you with a grimace on his face as he crumpled up the plastic cup, “Because it has aconitum in it.”

-----------

EDIT: 

I posted this chapter and then found out it deleted all of the text that was inside of it (meaning the chapter had nothing TTvTT). So i have to type my author's note (A/N) from memory. Sorry guys~

A/N:

Another end to another chapter. I'll make sure to update tomorrow so keep an eye out for it.

As for the question I asked about who you shipped, I was pleased to get some answers (even if it was obvious :P). Myungjoo has a nice ring to it. But, nothing is set in stone at this point. (AKA Myungsoo and Woohyun are not the only males in the fanfiction. I just happened to put their names in the tag section and felt bad if I added more tags for fear of tag overload.) So, in closing, ship away with whomever~ :)

Many thanks to my commenters and subscribers for motivating me to continue to update!