XXIV

Springfield

Your lips formed a thin line as you walked up the steps of your porch. After the whole “urge to kill” thing, Woohyun thought it was best you went home. After gathering the courage to actually step inside you were regretful that they insist you leave all of a sudden. Of course, another side of you was actually grateful that they let you leave. Looking at Sunggyu after he got back from “hunting” made you gag a bit. The image of his fingers ripping apart the innards of a small creature in the middle of the dusky woods haunted your mind. Though you figured he probably was a wolf when he did it, his human form still stuck to your visualization of the whole idea.

Even after that though, you wanted to hear more. More about the thing that had Dongwoo clenching his fists till his knuckles turned white. You knew, for their sake, you had to stay next time they brought up something like that again. But for now, you figured it was best to give them time.

That caused you to laugh. You had to let them have time for once; it wasn’t you who was putting up barriers anymore. You reached the front door and opened it, stepping inside quietly.

“Someone isn’t very respectful of their curfew.”

You flinched at the sound of your mother’s stern voice coming from the stairs in front of you. You hung your head low, cursing at the fact that today was the one day she decided to come home early. Who told her to care all of a sudden?

You kicked off your shoes, deciding that saying nothing was better than saying something that would cause her to only become even angrier than she was now.

“Were you hanging out with that boy from last night?”

You looked up at her, wondering who she was talking about. You were sure she hadn’t seen the hunters driving away last night.

“The handsome boy with the brown hair?” She raised her eyebrow up at you once she saw your look of confusion, “Or what, there’s more than just him? What other boys are you hanging out with Hyunjoo?”

“I’m not hanging out with anyone.” You replied, not really feeling like explaining to her that you hung out with three werewolves who if they wanted to could turn you into mincemeat.

You mother laughed at your stubbornness. You looked up at her from the bottom of the stairs. She had that look on her face whenever she would argue with your father. Like she couldn’t stand the sight of him. And now, she couldn’t stand the sight of you.

“I’m going to go shower.” You walked up and passed by her, who was still gasping for words to say back to you.

“I won’t have you being known as the new Springfield .” She cursed at you, which stung a bit but you knew it was just her freaking out again.

You ignored her tantrum as you entered your bedroom. You heard her for a bit longer before you heard he slam her bedroom door shut. You shook your head and dropped your bag down before gathering clothes and walking into the bathroom for a shower.

 

 

 

That night, around midnight, someone rang the doorbell. You were already awake since around eleven, unable to fall asleep after having a nightmare about Sunggyu. It was the usual blood and gore but still drove you to stay up.

You shifted out of bed and lightly stepped onto the cold hardwood floor. The doorbell rang again, making you turn to it and your ruffled hair to fumble in front of your face. You didn’t bother with it as you treaded out of your room and down the stairs. There was another set of knocks. At this point there was only one person it could be. When you got to the door and looked through the peephole you were surprised not to find the usual unnerving hunter, Zico, standing there but instead a werewolf. To be exact, Myungsoo.

You opened the door slowly. Your heart did one of those jumping things you always hear about in teenage dramas. You cursed in your head for werewolves and their good looks. He stood there, no expression as usual, his hands in the pockets of his loose pants. His shirt was black and you couldn’t help but think it matched his look perfectly. He looked you over and you froze. You realized you weren’t wearing any pants tonight, just your underwear and a large t-shirt that went mid-way down your thighs. If he was surprised, he didn’t show it. You quickly pulled it lower but even then it wouldn’t even go to your knees.

“You came to the house.” He asked. Though it was more a statement than a question. You looked up at him, your hair blocked your view so you flipped it aside, trying to find a position to stand that was less revealing. “Dongwoo, Hoya, and Woohyun didn’t say it but I could sniff you out there.” You weren’t sure if that was a good or bad thing at the moment though you shrugged that off.

“What did you come for Myungsoo?” You asked. He felt his nerves go crazy at you calling his name again. You did it so easily when he hadn’t once called you by yours to your face yet. Hoya and Woohyun did it easily and even Sungjong and Dongwoo were not fazed by mentioning you. He on the other hand found it hard to do. Before he could ask himself why, a voice called from inside.

You froze at the voice that yelled.

“Hyunjoo, was this the one you were out with?”

Myungsoo’s ears perked up.

“Really, do you know all of the boys in Springfield now? You close that door right now.”

You did as she asked, except you stepped outside first before you did. You heard her even from outside the door, yelling and cursing her heart out at you. Myungsoo wasn’t sure what to say.

“She’ll go back to sleep eventually.” You whispered to him, “And don’t worry about it either. It’s just a phase she’s going through.”

Myungsoo stared hard down at you. Though he was curious, he decided to instead not talk about it. It didn’t seem like you wanted to. “I don’t know why I came.” He answered your question from before. You looked up at him, your eyes searching his for answers. He looked away from you. “You should go back inside. It’s cold tonight.”

You frowned at him. His attitude was different from usual. “Yeah.” You nodded. “See you at school.” You turned back to the door to open it.

“I assume you’re on our side now right?” He asked. You looked back at him and nodded firmly. “Alright then. Goodnight.”

“Night.” You watched him pivot on his heel and start down the porch. You couldn’t keep your eyes off his back. You didn’t know why but drawing your eyes away from Myungsoo was hard for you to do.  Apparently he noticed you staring and turned. You looked quickly back towards the door and opened it before shutting it behind yourself.

He watched you go back inside before he left. A slight smile on his face. 

--------------------------

A/N: Don't hate the mom please~ 

I think that I'm going to update three times today since the next chapter is almost done :)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe if you like the story!