CIII

Springfield

 

Why were you suddenly so curious? The effect of being stuck here with only the two of you caused your questioning nature to bubble to the surface. Myungsoo didn’t like it. He didn’t like all these questions. When was the first time the two of you met? When you almost ran him over with your car. Why was he taking care of you? He didn’t even know the answer to that one. Was there a law against taking care of you? Could he not argue with you and criticize you while also taking care of you? The way you asked was as though it was something weird for him to do.

He disliked it.

He said nothing more as he started off again down the hallway, walking at a deliberately slow pace so that you had time to stand and follow. Once you did, he picked up into a normal walking pace. He had been taking every path he could that smelt less and less like werewolf. Why? Because that was the smell he wanted to avoid the most.

The man dressed in black had brought you here. He had to follow the man’s scene in order to find you. Now, he was determined to get as far away from it as possible. He moved you a good ten minutes walking distance away from where the man had placed you into the room the two of you woke up in. You didn’t stir in the least. A good thing. Hyou die didn’t want to have to play twenty questions if you had woken up while he was carrying you on his back.

However, the face down position was all you.

You had flipped over and he could have cared less at that point.

“Myungsoo.”

You called from behind him. Oddly enough, despite how many times you had called his name in the past two hours, it wasn’t at all as annoying as when Minah would. The thing that did annoy him was that he knew a question would follow up the calling of his name.

“I know it’s probably nothing to you but,” You paused briefly, “well, I wasn’t going to say anything before but you have a hole in the back of your pants. I guess you ripped it somewhere.”

Myungsoo turned, his eyebrow arching as though to ask ‘so what?’

“Well,” you paused again and bit your bottom lip in contemplation, “I can see your boxers.”

Myungsoo’s body whipped around immediately as he turned to face you. He cursed under his breath, diverting his eyes away from you. Was now the appropriate time to laugh? You wanted to. Oh, how you wanted to. But not when you knew it would mean getting the death glare from Myungsoo for the next few hours that passed with no means of escaping it. Then again, who cares? So you did. You laughed. And he glared. As you anticipated.

 

 

 

“I think this will fit.” You stood up as you dusted off the piece of clothing in your hands. It was a long, striped cardigan like sweater of sorts that seemed liked it once used to be able to button up in the front but no longer were any buttons still stitched in. The edges were frayed and there was a hole here and there but it was long enough to cover up what you needed it to. Or rather, what Myungsoo needed it to.

He slipped off his leather jacket and tossed it to you as he took the sweater out of your hands. You weren’t sure what he meant for you to do with it. “Wear it.” He said, his voice commanding. “I don’t want to leave it in this place.” Of course there was another reason behind it.

You did as he said and slipped it on. You could just imagine Minah dying on the inside as she burned in jealousy if she saw you wearing his jacket. You straightened it out and closed the locker like cabinet you had obtained the sweater from. There was at least one in every other room, making you wonder what this place really was intended for.

You turned back to Myungsoo to find him pulling the sleeves down all the way. Even in the dusty old sweater he looked attractive. “You can pull everything off huh?”

He looked up at you, freezing in the middle of his actions. You wanted to now revoke the rules of the game you set earlier. There should have been a three times a day limit to how many times Myungsoo was allowed to make eye contact with you. Whenever he did, he would render you speechless momentarily and there was only so long you could go before you would forget everything you wanted to say.

“Is black your favorite color?” You asked as you felt your eyes drawn to the V-neck shirt he had on.

“I look good in black.”

He answered, not a hitch in his voice. He wasn’t being narcissistic. He sounded as though he were stating a well-known fact. Still, that wasn’t what you were asking.

“So it’s your favorite color?”

“It’s a safe color.”

Again, more cryptic answers.

“Why would you need to feel safe?”

There was silence. His lips stayed together, not a word of answer coming out. His eyes were looking right at you but this was different from before. Why did he seem so apathetic now? Not a bored expression yet a well-practiced indifference showed on his face.

“Black’s my favorite color.”

He conceded as he turned, drawing his eyes away from you as he left the room. Myungsoo was like a complex puzzle with only one solution among an infinite number of possibilities. Why go through the trouble of trying to solve him then?

 

 

 

You screamed. The sound vibrated and bounced off of the concrete walls around you, causing an unearthly sound to be produced. You were scared, frightened, in a state of alarm at what had just happened.

There was a loud bang as Myungsoo went flinging into a pile of metal debris. You didn’t know what to do. Your body moved while your mind still yelled at you to think of something. You gripped into a piece of broken off concrete and flung it with all of the strength you could muster. It broke upon impact on the receiver’s head.

Your attacker turned away from the struggling Myungsoo and took a step forward. You stuck your tongue out in mocking and a low growl came from his mouth. You bolted out of the room, running as fast as you could and sure enough, you heard his footsteps following you.

Who was he?

The man in black.

Whilst walking across a metal overpass, he came out of nowhere. You should have known. You were too occupied thinking about Myungsoo’s reaction to your question earlier to pay attention to the rising of the hair on your neck. Myungsoo went flinging over the railing, the reason you had screamed. You ran down to him as fast as you could though the man was already there, sending another kick into Myungsoo’s gut.

Now, you were running like a mad woman. Running for your life. Running to where? You didn't know. If you were caught though, you didn't want to know what would happen. Myungsoo might have been all werewolf but he still had been stuck down here for days, having his energy drained from him slowly. You didn't want to see the fight that would happen between the two of them. So, what else could you do but lead this man as far away from Myungsoo as possible? Was it a stupid idea? Yes. Did you only provoke him more by sticking your tongue out earlier? Yes. Did that matter right now? No.

You would find some way to ditch this man. All you could do now was have confidence in yourself to do it.

You weaved a corner and went sprinting in and then immediately out of another room whose walls were etched with dust and dirt. Water trickled down from the doorway you exited, causing a few drops to fall onto your face as you ran. The thin layer of dirt on your face smudged where the drops fell, revealing the real tint of your skin from beneath. Blue lights flashed above you as you ran across the overhanging railing. You refused to look behind yourself. The feeling of him close enough to reach out and grab you was evident from the goosebumps that made the hair on your arms stand up.

As you felt the back of Myungsoo's leather jacket slip from your shoulders slightly, you knew the man had tried to grip onto you. You yelped as you pulled away from him and if your day already wasn't bad enough, you felt the ground under you shake.

P.O.'s words to you when he guided you through a room just like this one sounded in your head.

"The ground is weak here."

Lucky for you, there was no door leading out of here. A dead end. That's what this room was. Your end. The ground shook once more and you backed up against the wall of the room on the opposite side of the door you entered to get here. The man in black had stopped running, his feet shaking underneath him as he took unsteady steps towards you. His body disappeared within a second, the ground giving way underneath him, as he fell through the concrete flooring.

You kept your back as close to the wall as you could as the floor gave way further and further outward, engulfing the entire side of the room you were huddled against. You cursed as you kept on your toes, standing on a small strip of concrete that remained from the collapse. That's when you heard it. A loud crash from below that caused the wall you were pressed back upon for safety to shake. How many floors was the drop down? The thought caused your mind to blank out as you did what everyone says not to do when suspended in high places, look down.

You hadn't heard footsteps nearing you at an unbelievably fast pace. You hadn't heard the heavy breathing of someone as he came to a stop in front of the doorway into the room. Nor did you hear the curses or the angry criticism he threw at you as he neared the hole that separated you and him.

The noise that drew you out of your trance and stopped the flashing of your past by your eyes as you foresaw your death was one word.

"Hyunjoo!"

The one word you had never heard Myungsoo say. The one time he chooses to say it. Of all times, right when you were about to plummet to your death. 

---------

A/N:

Hyunjoo really got herself into a sticky situation this time. Lucky for all of us, Myungsoo is there. That is lucky right? She will be saved right? You're just going to have until the next update to wait to find out~

It looks like there has been some miscommunication? I won't be updating just once on the weekend. I will be updating once on Saturday and once on Sunday. Because just like you guys, I can't wait to see how this story turns out. 

Also, there was one reader who was a bit confused about a scene which occured a few chapters ago. Chapter 99 to be exact. During the third scene, there are two people talking. The two people are Bang Manshik (the mayor's name) and another man. But who was this man? You may or may not have guessed who it was but I assure you all will be revealed in due time~

 

 

 

I want more Block B comeback teaser's. Where art thou teasers?