XXXIX

Springfield

 

Minah opened the front door to her house and stepped inside with a deep frown on her face. Myungsoo followed her inside and watched her toss her house keys into a bowl on a table in the large foyer hallway. Two more sets of feet walked in behind Myungsoo, warily taking steps one at a time. Minah turned around and smiled at Myungsoo before becoming annoyed once more. “Oppa, want to see my room?” She asked only him, ignoring the other two people who entered.

Myungsoo shot a glance behind him before answering, “Sure.” He threw her a fake smile before following her up the stairs. He stopped when they were halfway up the stairs, “What about my friends?”

Minah’s smile twitched as she turned to look down at the two people still standing by the entryway. “You two can sit in the living room. We’ll be down soon.” She made it seem as though Myungsoo was already dating her the way she included him in everything.  They turned and disappeared as they turned the corner.

“Living room it is then.” Sunggyu turned to his right towards you. You nodded as the two of you walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. He sat right down next to you, making your heart jump a bit. You were still slightly scared of him but at the same time he made you feel safe. You weren’t sure what to feel about him right now.

You had come as his girlfriend apparently. That’s what Myungsoo told Minah when he got her to agree to let you two come over. He used the rumor to his advantage on that one, which you had to admit was pretty clever. But, that meant that now you had to pretend to be Sunggyu’s girlfriend. You weren’t sure why but your heart skipped a beat.

“You shouldn’t be scared of me. It’ll ruin our cover story.”

You turned to him and blinked a few times. For some reason, everyone could read you like a book. His feelings however were something you couldn’t read right now. You looked down at your hands that were trembling just by being next to him.

He saw your shaking hands and held his arm in front of you, “I’m scared too.” You saw the goose bumps on his skin and quickly looked at him, “But while what I’m scared of is different, both of us need to put up with it. Right now, everyone needs us to be strong.” You gazed at his eyes that had kindness behind their harsh gaze. You nodded at him and looked back down at his arm before nodding again.

You looked back at him and smiled in appreciation. Appreciation of his ability to be strong for those he cared about. “Thank you. Again.”

He retracted his hand back to his lap and breathed out to calm himself. You and him were indeed afraid of two different things. However, he was afraid of something he would never tell anyone about. He was afraid of you getting hurt again. He was afraid of letting you out of his sight for another second before you got snatched up by unknown hands; something that seemed to be your specialty. He would never admit to anyone that he became attached to your presence among the pack.

A clicking sound signaled the opening of the front door. Both you and Sunggyu turned to it. In walked the same man who had struck you twice. You immediately grasped onto Sunggyu’s arm without thinking. He let you do it. Despite being worried that he could hurt you with a single touch. He understood your fears and let you hang onto him for support.

The man at the door saw you two immediately and got a scowl on his face. He immediately yelled as he shot a look up the stairs, “Minah!”

 

 

 

“And this is it.” Minah did a small twirl in place, “What do you think?”

“It’s,” he paused, stopping himself from saying the word ‘uncomfortable.’ That was exactly how he felt and he couldn’t help but compare it to your room. Yours was the first girl’s room he saw and he expected all girls to be like that. Minah’s room was filled with pink, frilly, useless things while yours was clean and simple. “It’s nice.” He forced from his mouth. He shook his head to free himself from thoughts of you.

Minah smiled, thankful he liked it. She walked over to her dresser and opened her pink jewelry box. She brought out a few rings and a necklace. Then, she walked over to her closet and opened it, revealing many dresses. Myungsoo watched with raised eyebrows. Everything in her closet was overdone. There were no jeans. No oversized sweaters. He blinked a few times at the turn his thoughts were taking again. He breathed out, getting rid of them once more.

“What dress should I wear?” Minah asked. Myungsoo walked over and looked. All of them were gaudy and excessive, things he hated, so he didn’t know which to choose. Instead, he randomly stuck his hand out and picked the first one his fingers touched. She giggled at his choice of a light blue dress in satisfaction. She quickly took it out of the closet and ran to the bathroom door that connected to her room. “I’ll be right out.” She raised one finger into the air and smiled.

Myungsoo sighed as he stared at random items, each one not really to his liking, before she finally came out of the bathroom. She did a twirl and he faked a smile again. He didn’t make a comment on it. Saying she was beautiful was a luxury he didn’t feel she deserved. The word “beautiful” itself was not something Myungsoo would casually let slip either.

She didn’t notice his thoughts and jumped up and down in excitement. She walked over to her dresser, picking up the necklace and rings before putting them on. She slipped on a pair of heels and walked to the door.

“Ready.” She told him with a sweet voice. He nodded and followed her out of her room.

“Minah!” A man’s voice suddenly yelled from downstairs.

“Daddy?” She questioned as she quickly hopped out of the room.

--------------

A/N: 

A short chapter so I went ahead and uploaded it tonight. 

I love you my subbers and commenters! Hopefully the story continues to get more love from you all~