LIX

Springfield

 

“She’s late.” U-Kwon stated as he frowned. His chin rested on the kitchen countertop as he waited for you while being bored out of his mind.

“Well she’s a girl. Maybe it’s that whole once a month thing.” P.O told him. He got a long hard stare from U-Kwon in return.

U-Kwon’s eyebrows furrowed together, “Who’s teaching you this stuff?”

P.O cleared his throat and turned to get some water, ignoring the question. U-Kwon decided not to ask anymore. Instead, his eyes focused back onto the digital clock on the stove.

“Still, it’s been two hours since her school got out. She usually gets here in less than twenty minutes.” U-Kwon stood up from his seat at the kitchen’s island with the intent to go look for you. If he took the road back towards your school, it shouldn’t take him long to stumble upon you.

A hand stopped him from doing so as it pushed down on his shoulder, forcing him to sit again. He looked up to find B-Bomb looking down at him, “She’s a big girl. She can handle herself.”

U-Kwon decided to listen to B-Bomb. However, he started to sulk again right after. He wanted to see you. That’s all he could think about as he waited for you.

 

 

 

“I came like you told me to but,” You paused to catch your breath, “where are you taking me?”

You had gone to the watermill like his message told you to do but that was only because you didn’t want him barging into the hunters’ home. That would’ve been problematic. But right after that, he told you to follow him to the spot you were now at. Some kind of path leading upwards. Maybe to a hill, or a mountain? Either way, it had been around an hour and a half since you had started and you were starting to more than question his actions.

“We’re almost there.” He told you without facing you, his voice harsh and void of the enthusiasm you were used to. But what should you expect?

He was right though. After around ten more minutes, you started to see a clearing come into view. After walking at least a mile on an upwards mountain trail surrounded by trees, you were glad to see such a sight. Sunlight hit your eyes as soon as you reached the clearing, making you temporarily blind. Your hair flipped in front of your face due to the strong wind. Your eyes took a moment to adjust, and when they did, you couldn’t believe what you were seeing. You were on top of a large hill that overlooked Springfield. You turned, getting a three sixty view of everything. You could see the lake near you, and the town further in the distance. You could even point out where your house would be. Sure, you weren’t that high up, but still the sight was unbelievable.

“Up here is our territory. That means no hunters.”

Your eyes twitched at Woohyun’s statement. You turned to face him, finding him looking off into the distance.

“The wind up here is strong as well.  Meaning that if I get close to you, my smell won’t stick to you like it usually would.” Woohyun turned away from the scenery and neared you. He reached out and grasped onto your shoulders. His eyes reflected sadness in them. Weariness. You had worried him. You could tell. You never wanted to do that but really you had no other option if you didn’t want to keep on being the damsel all the time.

“No one will hear what you tell me besides me. So please, talk to me. Tell me what’s wrong. Why are you hanging around the hunters?” Your eyes widened. So he had already figured it out. “I’ve come to terms with it so just give me a reason why you’re acting like this. I want to help you Hyunjoo. Just give me a chance.” His grip on your shoulders tightened, as did your chest. Your bottom lip quivered. Your head screamed at you not to say anything but what were you supposed to do when he looked at you like this? The familiar touch of his hands. His voice. His eyes. Just Woohyun. There was no resisting. And the temptation of the fact that only he was there listening was enormous. Your heart pounded so loudly you thought it was blurring your hearing.

You gulped down as you pulled his hands from your shoulders and put them down by his sides. He stared at you, waiting. You took a deep breath and pulled the sleeve of his shirt, making him bend down slightly to your level. You wet your dry lips as you put your mouth near his ear,  “I need you to trust me. Please, just like you have this entire time.” You whispered to him. He backed away from you. Your hand slipped from his shirt as you met eyes with him. The look on his face showed uncertainty. You reached out and gripped onto his shirt, “Trust me Woohyun.” You said again.

He clenched his jaw as he ripped your hand from his shirt. He held it firm in his own and gave it a tight squeeze. Your fingers tingled from the contact. He locked eyes with you once more, not looking away for a moment, “Alright. Do what you have to do.” He let go of your hand slowly, regret spreading over him quickly. He said his next sentence in order to stop second guessing his decision, “But after you’re done, come right back to us alright?”

You nodded your head firmly.  

 

 

 

Woohyun opened the door, feeling much better than he had earlier when he left the house. His mind was more at ease now. When he did, he got a greeting from inside. It sounded like Sungjong.

“Welcome home Hyung!” Sungjong called from the living room. Woohyun stuffed his keys in his pocket and walked into the spacious living room. He found Myungsoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sungjong all watching television. They were chowing down on cup noodles.

“No dinner again tonight?” Woohyun laughed as he took a seat next to Hoya on the couch.

“Dongwoo and Sunggyu were supposed to cook.” Sungyeol said as he blew on his noodles to cool them down.

“But then Dongwoo-Hyung fell asleep in his room and Sunggyu-Hyung went to work.” Sungjong said with a frown as he set his noodles down.  Woohyun made an ‘ah’ facial expression before starting to relax on the couch.

Hoya eyed Sungjong who was calmly eating, “Aren’t you going to tell him? You practically drilled it into our heads earlier.”

Sungjong immediately jumped and got a smile on his face as he remembered. “What happened?” Woohyun looked around the room to find everyone with amused looks on their faces.

“Sungjong’s becoming more popular.” Sungyeol revealed with a snicker, “Two girls confessed to him today.” He held up two fingers and got a whack on the leg from Sungjong.

“That’s two more than usual so stop making fun of my happiness!” Sungjong yelled at him.

“He’s growing up.” Sungyeol teased Sungjong.

“Well I talked to Hyunjoo just now.” Woohyun said nonchalantly. It took a moment for everyone to register his words. Everyone immediately focused on him. Sungjong didn’t even care about the fact that he had gotten two confessions today.

Woohyun noticed they were all staring so he figured he should offer an explanation. “She talked to me about what was going on.” He scanned their faces before saying his next sentence. He didn’t want to shock them too badly, “She joined the hunters.”

“What?” Sungyeol asked rudely, not understand what Woohyun just said.

“Its temporary.” Woohyun assured them with a wave of his hand. He trusted you. He knew you wouldn’t go back on your word. However, it seemed as though they weren’t so sure of this fact. He himself wouldn’t have if he hadn’t seen the look in your eyes when you told him you’d come back to them.

“How do you know that for sure?” Sungjong asked, panicked. If you had joined the hunters, who was to say what was going to happen on the next full moon that was nearing? He didn’t want to have to see you on the other side of the territory line when the battle broke out.

“She told me.” Woohyun assured them again.

“Why does it only take one little word from her to make you lose all common sense?” Myungsoo’s voice came out as a stern yell even though he didn’t want it to.

Woohyun breathed out through his nostrils, “She belongs with us. So, she’ll come back.”

Myungsoo knew that you were with the hanging around the hunters but he didn’t honestly think that Woohyun would forgive you so easily like always. Surely, he would’ve come to his senses after this having been the second time you made them question your loyalty. But of course not, Woohyun as well as Hoya now looked as though they had no problem with the current situation. “She belongs with us? This wouldn’t be the first time she sides with the hunters over us. You can’t expect me to believe that she’ll come back as if nothing happened.”

“She will.” Woohyun answered back lowly as he started to get angry at Myungsoo. Why was he always so against you one second and then helping you the next? Woohyun didn’t even want to think about how he’d react if Myungsoo supported you again after saying all of these things.

“Where do you get all that confidence from?” Myungsoo, enraged as well, stood up from his seat.

“Call it my damn werewolf instincts but I know for a fact her rightful place is not with the hunters. She belongs with us.” Woohyun shot back. The statement only made Myungsoo’s blood boil more. It didn’t help that the full moon was nearing soon. The urge to rip out of his skin was stronger than usual.

Sungjong tugged on Myungsoo’s arm, “Don’t get mad.” He soothed him. Myungsoo’s expression lightened a bit as he looked at the faces of Sungyeol, Hoya, and Sungjong. He took a deep breath, clearing himself of his anger, suppressing it.

“I’m going to bed.” He suddenly said as he walked out of the living room. The rest of them watched him leave in silence.

Hoya turned back to Woohyun, “Did she say anything else?”

“She said to trust her. That she’ll come back when she’s done.” Woohyun shook his head.

“Done with what?” Sungyeol questioned.

Woohyun looked down, “I don’t know.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo closed the door to his room behind himself. He walked over to the mirror above his dresser. He didn’t like the look on his face right now. He shouldn’t have to deal with this. He shouldn’t have to get unnecessarily mad due to you again. “No more.” He mumbled to himself as he buried his face into his hands. “No more.” He wiped his face and looked back at his reflection in the mirror. This time, the face looking back at him was neutral. His usual expression, as it should be. 

---------

A/N:

I didn't expect the last chapter would be loved so much. I hope you all enjoyed this one just as much. 

So, do you think Woohyun gave in a bit too easily as Myungsoo said? U-Kwon getting anxious at the beginning about where she was shows how much he cares huh?

Leave a comment below if you would~