XIV

Springfield

Your eyes fluttered open, your head pounding. As you readjusted to the scenery, your body felt around. You were startled awake when you found that you were not on the sofa in your house but a different one entirely. You quickly sat up on the couch though you regretted doing so right after. Your stomach hurt from the impact of Zico’s punch.

“You’re awake.”

You flinched towards the voice you suddenly heard. Your vision was blurry but you could see a light brown haired boy dressed in loose pants and a t-shirt in the lounge chair in front of you. You could tell for sure that it wasn’t Zico.

“Where’s Zico?” You asked, narrowing your eyes at him. He raised his eyebrow at the threatening tone you were giving him. Zico was right when he said you were tougher than the usual Springfield girl.

“He went out. He’ll be back soon though.” The boy leaned back and continued to look at the magazine he was reading just before.

Your eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, “Who are you?” You took a moment to look around you. The place was grand like nothing you had ever seen before. It reminded you of what you learned in English studies about the 1800’s in America. It was that vintage.

“Me?” He frowned at the sudden question. He glanced around the room as if he was scared he would get in trouble, “I’m P.O.” You stared at him for a moment, not really sure if you heard correctly. He saw your expression and repeated himself, “P.O.”

“Oh, she woke up!” Your head snapped around to look to your right. Coming into what seemed to be the living room was an excited, spiky haired boy. “Good morning sunshine.” He laughed as he plopped down on the couch next to you. You scooted to the other side of the couch immediately, not liking these new surprises one bit.

P.O smiled a little before pointing to the new boy nonchalantly, “That’s U-kwon.” The boy nodded to you in response to his name.

“You both know Zico?” Your voice had become quieter now that there were two of them which made P.O, the first one to see your fierceness, have to hold back his amusement.

“Know him? We’re practically brothers to him.” The new boy, U-kwon, slouched back onto the couch.

“More like brothers in arms.”

Your eyes widened as you heard another new voice from behind you. You didn’t look this time but instead sank your head down lower, cursing at yourself for having become involved in whatever the heck this was.

“B-Bomb!” U-kwon turned around from his seat on the couch happily, “Hyunjoo woke up.” You trembled a bit at the fact that he knew your name already.

B-Bomb shot your back a look, “Unless she can sleep sitting up I’m pretty sure I noticed.” He walked over, hands in his pockets, to the lounge chair beside P.O.

“Sorry Zico did this.” You were about to look up at P.O but kept your head down. He continued anyway, “When he came to the house with you on his back, we honestly thought you were dead or something.”

“I wouldn’t have been surprised that’s for sure.” U-kwon commented as he took a sip of the water that P.O was drinking. He took a drink then immediately winced. He cursed out loud and glared at P.O.

“Why are you surprised?” B-Bomb shook his head in disappointment as he took the glass away from U-kwon and put it back down in front of P.O, “P.O needs to be the most careful out of all of us.” U-kwon attempted to clean his tongue with his teeth to no avail.

You lifted your head, getting their attention. “If you’re Zico’s ‘brothers in arms’ then that means you’re hunters?” You asked but you wished you didn’t get the answer that you did.

“Wow, she learns fast.” U-kwon clapped for you which echoed around the room.

B-Bomb leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands clasped together. “That’s right. We’re hunters.”

“And she’s a bloody werewolf sympathizer. Are we done here? She woke up so let’s just call Zico to hurry up and get over here.” Another boy entered the room, a sour look on his face. It was definitely obvious he didn’t like your presence.

“Play nice, Kyung.” Another boy came walking in behind him, a calm expression on his face though you could see the playfulness that coated his eyes.

“Don’t lecture me, Jaehyo.” Kyung shot back as he stood behind P.O’s chair.

“Take it easy Kyung, she’s not going to try to kill you or something.” B-Bomb stood up for you, to your surprise. Of course he was right but you had just met him, why take your side?

Kyung scowled, “I wouldn’t put it past her.” If he could spit at you right now, you could tell he surely would.

The front door opened, gaining the attention of all five boys in the room. “We’re home!” Yelled a voice.

“It’s Taeil and Zico,” U-kwon announced.

As soon as the figure entered, well two figures, you stood up from your seat. This is when you realized that you were in the jeans and long sleeve navy blue v-neck shirt with white undershirt that you had planned to wear to school that day.

You couldn’t control yourself at what you saw. It was impossible not to hold back your anger after seeing his face, “What the hell Zico?” You asked, yelling across the room. The other six boys turned to you, surprised.

Zico sighed at your outburst. He expected it he just didn’t like that he had to now deal with the mess he made. “What is it? You don’t like the house?” He pretended to not know of your plight but to no avail. You walked straight up to him, walking past all six boys who were surprised Zico actually let you talk to him like that.

You pushed him and snarled, “Take me home. Now.” You demanded from him. Zico cupped your face with his hands roughly. You winced as you tried to pry him off of you. Fear rose in you but you knew that this time you shouldn’t show it.

“Listen Sweetheart,” he gritted through his teeth each word he spoke to you, “You’re on our territory. You play by our rules. One of those rules is that you shut up and listen to what I have to say before going ape angry at me.”

You laughed sarcastically while still in his grip, “The time for listening was before you knocked me out in my own house Zico.” He narrowed his eyes at your words before sighing, his hands slowly losing their strength as he let go of you. You rubbed your cheeks that were sore from his hold.

“I’m not going to say I’m sorry.” You looked up at him, who had a solemn expression on his face.

“Neither am I.” You replied to him. He focused on you and you could tell he was frustrated. He clicked his teeth as he rubbed the back of his head. The other six boys had watched astonished at what just occurred. Their Leader, Zico, had just given into you. Just let you say what you wanted. You, who fraternizes with werewolves.

“Hyung,” P.O called in worry. Zico looked up at them, his face returning to its usual demeanor.

“Could you sit down Hyunjoo?” You turned, finding B-Bomb gesturing to the seat you were previously in. You narrowed your eyes at him.

“It’s seven against one here,” Kyung snarled, “So don’t think you can just do whatever you want.”

“Just go home.” Zico said all of a sudden. You whipped your head towards him, surprised. His friends weren’t that expecting of it either apparently as they stared at him for answers. “I’m letting you do what you want. Shouldn’t you be kicking me where it hurts before busting out of here?”

You weren’t sure what to do at this point. Sure, you wanted to go home but the way Zico was acting made you worried. You stood still in your spot, waiting for something to happen.

“Leave already.” He passed by you, bumping into your shoulder as he did so, before taking a seat on the couch. He turned away from you, pretending you weren’t there.

The scene irked you quite a bit. First he was threatening you and now he could care less what you did? You clenched your fists and stormed over to him. He didn’t look up at you but instead stared at his fingernails. You laughed sarcastically, “You know, they came to me.”

Zico flinched. He twitched his head but resisted the urge to look at you. The other boys’ interest was peaked however and they all focused on you for your next words.

“Sunggyu, their leader.” They all went wide eyed at the name. It was the first time they had learned one of their names. The name carried a weight throughout the room as it echoed into their ears and minds. The hunters always viewed the werewolves as monsters but it never occurred to them that they might have titles just like they did. “If it’s worth anything, he didn’t touch me. Not once. Didn’t pin me down. Didn’t hurt me. Didn’t bring me to a place in who knows where.”

Zico was hurt by every word you said. It cut him that he was more ruthless than the boss monster himself. He slowly turned his head up towards you. You didn’t like the way you were making all seven of them look but you had to say it.

You turned to each of them, “But there must be a good reason for it.”

They thought they must’ve been dreaming when they heard those words come out of your mouth.

“So I’ll listen to what you have to say.”

----------------

A/N: And so all of Block B is now introduced in the story! :)