XVI

Springfield

You took a sip of water that slid down your dry throat comfortably. However, it didn’t quench your ever building curiosity as you waited for words to come out of the mouth of someone. Anyone at this point. You set the glass down onto the table and eyed their glasses which all remained full as if they were reluctant to drink. The color of your water was even a different tint than there’s. Yours was clear while there’s a tinge of yellow. You didn’t question it however as you focused back on them. “You’d think you all would actually like that I’m staying quiet so that you could speak. Yet, here we are,” you gestured to them who all had frowns on their faces, “sitting in silence.”

You had given these hunters a chance but all they had given you was water. You weren’t sure if this was part of their plan. Maybe to keep you away from home as long as possible. To buy out time for themselves? You didn’t know. Then again, while you were here thinking about those other seven werewolf boys who could possibly save you, they might’ve been at school none-the-wiser to your disappearance.

You sighed, your foot tapping the floor unconsciously to fill the void that the silence had left, “I don’t want to pressure you all. If you can’t tell me, just say so.”

Zico looked up from his hands, “We can’t tell you.”

You clenched your fists at this. It was unbelievable that after getting you to finally calm down and see the situation clearly they tell you there’s nothing to be said. So you were dragged here for nothing? You bit your tongue back for fear of it spouting words you wouldn’t be able to take back, “Alright. Well what can you tell me?”

“Honestly,” Kyung spoke up, something you were sure he had been resisting to do for a while, “I don’t know why Zico brought you here. It’s putting us at a disadvantage and now that you’re here it’s difficult to just reveal everything to you when we don’t even know if we can trust you.” You looked around, a bit frustrated at the fact that almost all of them nodded in agreement. The only one who didn’t being Zico, who couldn’t take his eyes off of you as he watched your every reaction.

You thought back to Sunggyu. Sunggyu, the werewolf, who came to your house by himself. Revealed all of his secrets and even let you into his circle of trust. It seemed as though the beasts with claws and sharp teeth were more trusting than the humans with guns and crossbows. You shook your head no, you weren’t dead yet and you were still sitting on the couch unharmed so Zico must’ve been planning to tell you something. You looked back to him, waiting.

You were surprised when your answer came from your right, from the boy named B-Bomb, “To put it quite simply, we hunt werewolves.” You had figured that though the look on his face said he was going to say more so you listened, ears at the ready. “Being a werewolf is their heritage, ours is hunting them down.” You tried to speak up but he stopped you, “And before you say it, it’s not something that can be resolved over the dinner table.” You closed your mouth and breathed out through your nose.

You’d like it if all this weirdness could be solved simply. “And what do you want from me?” You asked, your eyes upturned at him.

“To stay away from them. To stay out of the fight between us.” You heard a low growl from in front of you. You didn’t have to turn to know it was Zico. You slowly glanced towards him, “Though you haven’t exactly kept up with that side of the bargain.”

“Maybe you should let people explain before you go ape angry.” You mocked his words, something he laughed at. It seemed your usual attitude towards him was enough to make him return to his usual, casual self.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He smirked at you, something you were happier to see than the look on his face when he knocked you out. This Zico you weren’t scared of.

P.O smiled at the return of his Hyung’s usual self and glanced over to the clock. His eyes widened, “Whoa, it’s four o’clock.”

Your ears perked up at his comment. You shifted in your seat towards him. “I missed school.” You announced as you gaped.

“School isn’t so important,” U-kwon commented though he only got a hit from Jaehyo who held back his laughter in the presence of ever studious Taeil.

“We should get moving before the wolves catch onto what you’ve done.” Taeil directed towards Zico, who was not looking as confident as he was a second before. Zico stood up from his seat.

“Alright,” he looked down at you from where you were sitting, “let’s get you back home.”

Though you hadn’t learned much, in the very least you saw face to face exactly who the hunters were. Though you felt comfortable with them, you couldn’t wait to get back home. Back to the familiar surroundings where things actually made sense. Sometimes anyway.

 

 

 

When Zico pulled into the driveway behind your car in his own, or apparently Jaehyo’s but that wasn’t important, he shuddered. He looked to his left, out the window, while he slowly turned the car off. You stared at him for a moment, not sure what had him so preoccupied. You followed his gaze, shock spreading across your face at what you saw.

Zico laughed sarcastically, “Well this is making your promise a bit harder to keep.”

You gulped as you stared at the faces of the two people who stood in front of your house. Woohyun and Myungsoo.

---------------

A/N: You guys make me want to keep on updating :O 

Don't be a silent reader okay?

Hearts to my subscribers! <3 <3 <3