LXXXIII

Springfield

 

Papers flew everywhere, a loud banging noise followed as they drifted slowly to the ground. An angry yell vibrated throughout the room. The Mayor, Bang Manshik, paced around his office as he fought off the urge to break the nearest thing to him.

“They thought I wouldn’t find out?” He snarled as he thought back to his phone call just a few minutes ago. One of his contacts within the Elites group had called to inform him of intruders who had escaped from within the Containment area. “Someone trespassed there and they made no move to stop it? Better yet, they helped them escape? They think they can do whatever they want?”

He clenched his fists tightly, “Calm. I must remain calm.” He chanted to himself, his shoulders shaking as he took a slow seat down at his desk. He breathed out, his nerves calming at last, “Really now,” a casual sneer appeared on his face, “they think nothing of me do they? It’s fine, let them belittle me for now. Someday soon, I’ll be the one who’ll call the shots.”

A knock on the door made him look up, “Come in.”

Minah opened the door cautiously, her eyes drooping, “Daddy, I’m going to bed. Good night.” She watched for a nod of his head that told her she could leave.

He did so and she sighed. She turned to leave when he called out to her.

“Minah sweetie, do invite Kim Myungsoo to the house tomorrow after school. Alright?”

Minah gulped down, frightened by her father’s tone of voice. She nodded slowly, not understanding why he wanted to see Myungsoo. Still, she didn’t ask and instead decided to listen to her father’s words.

 

 

 

You yawned widely, your hand attempting to cover your mouth, as you lazily opened the front door to your house. When you opened it, your squinted eyes popped open immediately. You froze mid-yawn. “Dongwoo?” You asked, mouth wide.

He straightened up and cleared his throat to keep himself from laughing at your appearance at the moment, “I came to walk to school with you.” A cough came from behind him and he jumped slightly. He took a step back and pointed to the space behind him with his thumb, “This guy did too.”

Hoya walked up the porch and threw his arm around Dongwoo’s shoulders, “This guy?” Dongwoo laughed, knowing full well what he said would garner a reaction from Hoya.

You were pleasantly surprised by the appearance of two werewolves smiling in front of you. You asked yourself why this didn’t happen more often but quickly got your answer. You pointed an accusatory finger at the two of them, “Is it okay for you two to be here? This is hunter territory.”  

Dongwoo exchanged a quick glance with Hoya before answering your question, “Sunggyu, Hoya, and I went to see the hunters last night.” Your heartbeat palpitated inside of your chest. Had something happened again?

Hoya unhooked his arm from Dongwoo’s shoulders, the smile on his face nowhere to be seen, “Their leader, Zico, along with this brown-haired, evil-eyed guy met up with us.”

You thought about that description. Brown hair? Evil eyes? Kyung. You had to suppress the smile from coming on to your face due to your realization.

Dongwoo continued on, unbeknownst to your reaction, “Zico didn’t look all too happy when Sunggyu told him about B-Bomb’s departure. He listened to our terms though. One of them was to break the agreement about not going into each other’s territory. As long as we don't barge in unannouced, we can cross. That and if we are with you.”

“That’s why we can come pick you up like this now.” Hoya explained, “You don’t like it?”

You faked a laugh, “Why wouldn’t I like it?” A smug smile formed on his face and you almost gave into reciprocating the action. “Wait, don’t change the subject.” Hoya’s smile faded and he diverted his eyes. He knew you had caught him in the act of trying to divert your attention away from what Dongwoo was talking about.

Dongwoo lowered his eyes regretfully but continued on, “Sunggyu said to the hunters that what B-Bomb is trying to do is possible.” He looked up, locking eyes with you, “He said that he’d treat B-Bomb as one of his own. As one of us.”

You crossed your arms and nodded your head. Sunggyu kept on surprising you with his actions lately. You remembered the day you had gone to the mayor’s house as the role of his girlfriend. Even then, he took care of you. Now, he had said he would take care of B-Bomb. You reminded yourself to thank him when you saw him later.

“Zico seemed a bit out of it. He was obviously agitated about the situation but he ended up leaving without a single word of protest. I mean, he didn’t agree either but he didn’t try to make a move for his gun so I can only guess he won’t be getting in the way from now on.” Dongwoo said before sighing deeply.

 “Zico’s not a bad guy. He may have a rough exterior and not the kindest looking eyes, but he’s not a bad guy.” You knew you shouldn’t have, but you couldn’t stop yourself from defending Zico.

Dongwoo shrugged, “If you say so.”

Hoya breathed out, opting on not to say anything.

“Let’s get going. Any longer we spend talking and we’ll be late.” Dongwoo smiled and turned to walk back down the porch of your house. Hoya motioned you to follow with his hand, the smile on his face much too contagious for you not to smile back. You locked the door behind you and quickly stepped down the porch stairs to catch up to them.

Talking about Zico made your hand go reflexively to your wrist. You expected to feel the familiar metal on your skin. Instead, there was only skin to skin contact. When you looked down at your wrist, you realized you weren’t wearing the bracelet Zico gave to you.

“Where did it go?” You mumbled to yourself, stopping at the bottom of the porch. You looked around on the ground, hoping it had just slipped off recently somehow.

“Stop dragging behind.” Dongwoo grinned and came up behind you, nudging your shoulder forward with his own.

“I want to get to school on time today if you guys don’t mind.” Hoya mocked playfully.

You went to hit his shoulder and he swiftly side-stepped out of the way. He smiled widely and took big steps forward, leaving you behind. Dongwoo laughed as the two were now a good ways farther in front of you. “It’s hardly fair you know.” You grumbled as you rushed to catch up.

 

 

 

B-Bomb stretched his arms up into the air, his bed head and disheveled clothes not bothering him in the least. The first thing he did was turn around. The bed was empty behind him. He yawned and stood up. His muscles ached from the strain he had put them through the night before. He dragged his feet as he made his way to the bathroom to wash up.

He returned to the room, rubbing his eyes tiredly. No one else was in the house from what he could tell. “They trust me so well already?” Then he remembered the text he had gotten late last night from Zico. “They said they’ll take care of you. Since this was your decision, don’t screw it all up for yourself or I won’t be there to bail you out this time.” B-Bomb said out loud, not forgetting a single word. He found it funny since he was the one always bailing Zico out of situations.

He spotted the mirror on top of Myungsoo’s dresser and thought about going over only for a moment before he was already walking towards it. He inspected his face, not having a good look his own reflection for a good day and a half made him almost forget what he looked like. He used his fingers to push his head to the side, checking himself out.

He got closer to the mirror, effectively bumping into the dresser. A few bottles fell over, causing him to curse outwardly. He mumbled complaints as he stacked them all up again. He stepped away from the dresser when he was done. His bare foot felt something cold as he took a step back. Something had fallen from the top of the dresser and onto the floor. He moved his foot away and leaned down to pick it up. When he did, his mind raced with a million questions

It was a silver bracelet with a single gun charm hanging off of it.

Identical to the one Zico had given to you. 

-------

A/N:

I gladly accept all of your love.

Almost makes me feel bad I'm leaving you guys hanging every single time. Almost~

Question Time! 

Question: B-Bomb has now joined the werewolves (Infinite) for the time being. This means that there will be less hunter (Block B) scenes except for B-Bomb who will appear frequently. Sad to see it go or do you think it was a shift that was duly needed? (Note: Picking one or the other is not necessary.)

Leave your answers below~