V

Springfield

You set your bag down on your desk at school, a neutral look on your face as you met eyes with your homeroom teacher. He shot you a glare than snorted before looking back down at his lesson plan for the day. You huffed and sat down at your desk. The stares continued all the way through lunch, as did the giggles and snickers every time the teacher would pick on you for no reason.

The bell rung, issuing lunch break. You breathed out and reached into your bag, grabbing the sandwich and your apple juice you had grabbed before you left the house in a hurry. “The lunch of champions,” you laughed at your own joke as you opened the small zip-lock bag. The classroom became immediately quiet making you look up in reflex. You looked at your sandwich then at the clothes you were wearing. There was nothing wrong.

That’s when you felt it. The weird presence. The presence that sent your body into high alert mode. The hair on the back of your neck stood up as you looked towards the menacing aura you had felt.

There, in the doorway, stood the most drop dead gorgeous boy you had ever seen though you guessed that wasn’t saying much since you lived in the same place all your life till now. Apparently though, everyone around you thought the same thing. The girls went shy and coy and the boys either happy or sullen at the handsome boy’s appearance.

The boy scanned the room, his eyes seeming to be frantically searching for something. That’s when a shrill broke the silence, “Myungsoo-oppa!” As if on cue, there came running the girl from the day before, Minah. It seemed as though her cute charms weren’t working however as he pushed past her and further into the classroom, still looking for something. That’s when he stopped right in front of you. The girls in the classroom cursed words at you from behind you as he looked you over where he stood in front of your desk.

All of a sudden, his calm eyes went wild with fury. His handsome face turned fierce as he reached over your desk and grabbed the collar of your shirt, pulling your body up to stand from your chair. Your voice fought to come out as you looked at him nearly nose to nose. A part of you was so scared you thought you would pee yourself. However, the second part of you wasn’t scared at all. There was something about him. Something about him that attracted you besides that handsome face of his.

He broke your train of thought when he sent your food flying onto the floor as he slammed his free palm down. Your eyes darted to your food and your anger got the best of you. You matched his fierce eyes when you looked back at him. His lip curled as he snarled at you and if it wasn’t for the situation, you would’ve thought it was sort of attractive.

“Where is Woohyun?”

You furrowed your brows at him as you attempted to get his hand off of your collar, “Who?”

He held fast, “Don’t mess with me. Tell me where he is. Now!” He shook you violently.

“I’m right here.”

The handsome boy’s eyes widened, his grip loosening from surprise enough for you to push his hands off of you. You glared at him as you fixed your collar however he didn’t notice and didn’t care as he saw the person by the door. The girls behind you squealed, “Woohyun.” Which made your ears perk up. You had heard that name before.

The handsome boy walked away from your desk, not sparing you another look, “Woohyun, where were you?” He asked worriedly. Your eyes followed him to the door of the classroom. You felt your knees get weak. It was the boy. The boy from last night. All better apparently as he stood grinning next to the doorway. You quickly looked down, not knowing why, and hid your face.

“I got sidetracked somewhere. I’m fine now, though we shouldn’t talk about the details here Myungsoo.” He whispered the last part to the handsome boy, Myungsoo. Woohyun’s face scrunched up as he smelled something familiar. His scent hung in the air like a thick fog; something odd since he just stepped into the room.

He looked up, to where Myungsoo just was and saw you. You were the girl. The girl from last night. Hiding behind your hair. He peered over a bit, taking only one step closer and you turned more away from him. He felt a smile attempt to creep up on his face but he held back and turned to walk out of the classroom, Myungsoo following behind him.

“Humans are so fun to tease.” He said out loud, his smile now apparent now that they had left public eye. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at Woohyun in suspicion.

 

 

 

Two boys talked to each other by the bike racks after school, each getting the attention from the girls who walked by though they paid no mind as they were absorbed in their conversation.

"What? Woohyun showed up during lunch? Wasn't he here since this morning though?"

"Hell if I know, lately things are so crazy that I don't know up from down."

"Well, it's good he showed up, though we still have to find Hoya."

"I know Sungyeol, why do you think I met up with you today?"

"We're going tonight? To the woods?"

"Dongwoo! Sungyeol!" Someone called at the two from behind them. They turned to the voice, finding a thin boy walking up to them quickly with a smile on his face.

"Woohyun is in the courtyard with L!" He said excitedly with his smile stuck on his face.

"A little late Sungjong." Dongwoo laughed as he gave the younger boy a light push in playfulness, "Let's go see him though. Maybe he found something about Hoya. It’d help when we go out tonight if he did." Sungjong nodded thoughtfully at Dongwoo's words.

Sungyeol got a sudden grin on his face out of nowhere. He quickly bent over and unchained his bike. Sungjong was the first to notice the change, “What are you doing Hyung?”

Dongwoo tilted his head at him curiously, “Where are you going? We have to find Hoya.”

Sungyeol swiftly made up an excuse, “I’m going to go tell Sunggyu that Woohyun is okay. Don’t worry, you can tell me about the plan later.” He hopped onto his bike and pedaled quickly towards the front entrance of the school.

Dongwoo narrowed his eyes, “To tell Sunggyu?”

Sungjong shrugged, brushing it off, “Whatever, let’s go. I told Woohyun I’d come get you.” Dongwoo nodded and followed after Sungjong though he still couldn’t help but wonder what was with Sungyeol. After all, he could just call Sunggyu. Why leave on his bike? He decided to put it to the back of his mind for now as he went to meet with Myungsoo and Woohyun.

 

 

Meanwhile, you had just gotten out of that horrid classroom filled with girls who for some reason had nothing better to do than randomly block your way all the way down the hall. It’s not like the Myungsoo guy actually hit on you or anything, he basically threw you a death threat. Sure he was pretty good looking but he just walked away after rough housing you without a word of apology. “I’m really starting to hate that guy.” You murmured as you turned the corner out of the school gate.

“Hate who?” A bike bell rung next to your ear.

You jumped at the sudden presence next to you. Your eyes took a moment to register what they were seeing. That’s when you recognized the bike. The same boy from yesterday who rode past you on this very same bike. The feeling you got was the same as when you saw him the first time. The feeling you couldn’t quite understand. You gulped down, “I’m sorry.” It just came out without you even thinking about it.

He blinked a couple of times at you before laughing, “You’re forgiven.” He forgave you just to be able to see the look of confusion on your face. He smiled, “So who do you hate?”

You shook your head no, “No one.” You told him, still bewildered by his sudden appearance.

“Who, who, who?” With each word he leaned closer in to your face. You instinctively back up, a pout forming on your face. When he got no answer, he frowned, “Well I hope it’s not me.” He took a breath in and smiled again. Then his face froze. His childish smile faded.

You looked at him, round-eyed, curious as to what was wrong. You stepped back upon seeing the closeness of you two, “It’s not you.” You answered his question, worry spreading across your face due to his expression.

He came back to his senses once he heard you speak and shook his head, “Good then.” He quickly said before lifting his feet from the ground and riding off.

“Wait,” you called though he continued down the sidewalk before he disappeared from your sight as he took a right turn. You frowned, “The first person who didn’t completely disregard me leaves just as soon as he appears.”

You felt sad but then you cheered yourself up. “No worries, he goes to this school. I’ll see him tomorrow for sure.” You nodded to yourself and walked to the parking lot to find your car, much more cheerful than you had yesterday.

Meanwhile, Sungyeol cursed at himself in his head, “She smells like Woohyun. That explains why it seemed like he got to school this morning.” He gripped the handle bars of his bicycle and breathed in the slightly cold afternoon breeze. He growled, “Why mark her Woohyun? I thought you hated humans.”

------------------------------

A/N: Thank you subscribers and commenters for supporting this new fanfiction of mine~ 

An update for you guys is here! :)