CIX

Springfield

 

He didn’t want to have to be sitting here like this as he was. He felt useless. Helpless. Most of all, he felt as though he were the only one not allowed to feel the way everyone else surely felt now. He was worried about Myungsoo. The guy may have been bipolar at times but that was because like himself, he was sure Myungsoo had a complicated past. Plus, the fact that Myungsoo cared for his friends was what made him the way he was towards you. Still, he couldn’t quite form an understanding of why you acted the way you had towards Myungsoo. Perhaps a reflexive reaction due to his own actions? Either way, the relationship was odd.

Speaking of odd.

“B-Bomb?”

B-Bomb turned his head. Sungjong was a few feet behind him. His facial expression was twisted. This is what B-Bomb meant by odd. All of yesterday and today, the werewolves had been looking at him like this. As though they wanted to say something but couldn’t. In the end, they would end up walking away. To say the curiosity was killing him would be an understatement. Though most of that was due to the fact that he hasn’t drunk any Wolfsbane in the past three days.

All of it was a part of Sunggyu’s plan though. A plan that was apparently coming to an end soon according to Sunggyu. He hadn’t transformed on his own yet but Sunggyu told him that the main victory was that he had stopped taking Wolfsbane. Then, despite much dissatisfaction from B-Bomb, Sunggyu told him he should spend everyday doing the same thing.

Sitting here. On the ground. In the middle of the clearing of a forest. Thinking. About what? Mostly about the fact that he was sitting on the dirt in the middle of the forest after being given the task to think to himself when all he could think about was the action itself.

He was impatient. Sunggyu hadn’t told him anything besides this. And so Sungjong had been the one to come today. Yesterday it was Hoya who had come to tell him they were going to eat dinner. Myungsoo was right about one thing. Hoya’s clothes did fit him better.

“What’s up?”

B-Bomb asked as he leaned back on the palms of his hands, his legs not untwisting from the Indian style he had been sitting in from the past two hours or so. Since his nerves were otherwise on fire with energy from not doing anything and not taking Wolfsbane, his limbs hadn’t fallen asleep.

Sungjong opened his mouth to speak but then croaked. He shut his mouth and stared gravely at B-Bomb. B-Bomb saw the same exact thing happen when Hoya had come to get him yesterday. He opened his mouth to speak though nothing came out. Then, it was followed by a quick change of subject.

“Dinner’s ready.” Sungjong pointed behind him with an extended arm, a coy smile forming on his lips slowly. It was the same thing Hoya had used as an excuse to change the subject yesterday.

B-Bomb nodded and turned back around, standing himself up without trouble. Sungjong bit down on his bottom lip as he watched B-Bomb dust off his pants.

There was one question in Sungjong’s mind that replayed over and over.

Should he tell him?

Sunggyu wanted to wait until tomorrow to tell him. That’s when she would come over. Bang Minah.

Keeping this from him wasn’t right. He deserved to know. Yet, Sungjong couldn’t bring himself to say it. Sunggyu knew best at times like these. Telling this to B-Bomb would make him want to take action. He was honest and even when the hunters were all but against you, B-Bomb was on your side. Sungjong knew that if not for you and B-Bomb’s relationship, the fight between them and the hunters would be still ongoing.

This meant B-Bomb cared about you. A lot.

If Bang Minah is there when he finds out, he’ll get angry, sure. But compared to him finding out now and trying to rush things to the point where he shifts due to stress, it was a much better option. Bang Minah was the beginning of the solution to their problem. The amount of stress B-Bomb would experience would be less if the solution was present in front of him.

Sunggyu knew this. That’s why he is waiting until tomorrow.

“It feels like forever since I saw someone other than the seven of you guys.” B-Bomb laughed as he walked past Sungjong, not a hint of suspicion in his voice.

That’s the thing. He saw no one else because you were missing. His ignorance stemmed from the fact that he didn’t know yet that you had disappeared. To Sungjong at this moment, tomorrow was promising to be more and more eventful by the second.

 

 

 

The room was empty around him. He sighed and plopped down onto the couch and laid back. In the silence, his eyes blinked a few times. He pushed himself up on his elbows and peered over the back of the couch. Myungsoo’s bed was just the way he’d left it. It had been a few days now. Was he alright? Was he even trying to get out? Or was he motionless in that underground prison?

The idea caused B-Bomb to have to take a deep breath to calm himself. A wave of energy threatened to deluge him. If he wasn’t careful, that could lead to him waking up stark tomorrow with no idea what he did the night before. Not exactly the way he wanted to spend his night.

A knock on the door caused him to sit up completely. He waited in silence for the person on the other side to speak up. After a moment, they did.

“Minhyuk? You in there? It’s Woohyun.”

A muffled voice came from the other side. B-Bomb scoffed at the question. As though Woohyun couldn’t already tell he was in here.

“And Hoya.”

Hoya’s voice added.

“With Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol said immediately after Hoya spoke.

“I’m here too.”

Dongwoo’s rough voice yelled slightly as though he wouldn’t be heard otherwise.

“Come on in.” B-Bomb spoke up, knowing that Woohyun would keep asking if he was there, knocking on the door like a woodpecker all the while, if he didn’t. “It’s not even my room in the first place.” B-Bomb mumbled as the door opened and in walked the four werewolves.

“Whatcha doing?” Sungyeol sank into the couch next to B-Bomb, causing him to have to move his feet and sit up properly to make room. Sungyeol shot him a grin and picked up the book B-Bomb had left on the couch this morning. He opened it and flipped through the pages, not exactly reading it yet simply giving his hands something to do.

“Nothing.” B-Bomb answered honestly. He would have ended up falling asleep had Woohyun not knocked on the door. “Why the sudden visit?” He looked away from Sungyeol to Hoya, Dongwoo, and Woohyun who had decided to pop a squat on the carpet of Myungsoo’s room.

As soon as his question passed through their eardrums and was processed by their brains, B-Bomb saw it again. The twist. The faltering of their expressions.

“We already ate dinner.” B-Bomb said, causing all three including Sungyeol next to him to stare on at him in confusion. He laughed at his own joke and laid back on the couch, “I’m all ears so you guys can tell me anytime. Though I may fall asleep if you guys don’t talk soon.” He closed his eyes and smiled wryly.

“How did you and Zico meet up?”

B-Bomb’s eyes snapped open. He sat up straight again and looked to the person who asked that question, Dongwoo.

“How did we meet up?” B-Bomb repeated as though he didn’t understand the question. “What do you mean?”

Dongwoo wasn’t in the least put off by B-Bomb’s look of confusion and persisted in his topic. “How did you guys end up in the same pack I mean,” he clarified. Dongwoo had noticed it and he was sure the rest of the pack did too.

“Zico and you smell similar.” Sungyeol spoke up, putting the book he had apparently lost interest in back down onto the couch. "You can explain it to us if you want. You don't have to. We're just curious."

B-Bomb knew what they were insinuating. In fact, you had also asked him the same thing. Of course, you didn't ask why he and Zico smelt similar. You had asked why he and Zico had the same posture whenever the two sparred with P.O. one day. Or rather lack thereof of posture at all. You had been careful about it when you asked.

It was also when no one else was around that you finally spoke up and said, "You and Zico don't really get into defensive positions when you fight." He coolly shrugged his shoulders then until you followed that up with, "You two also move the same way. Effortlessly dodging. Not attacking first. Acting so smug and almighty throughout." You had laughed then though quieted down upon seeing the fake un-amused expression on his face. You cleared your throat before continuing, "Have you guys trained together for that long?"

You were asking, in a nutshell, how long he had known Zico. He gave you the same answer he would now give the curious werewolves.

"We grew up together. In the same impure pack of werewolves. We fended for ourselves back then. It isn't exactly all sunshine and rainbows when you belong to an impure pack after all. Pretty sure we're distantly related. Still, we were close then. Though he ran away when we were three or four. I honestly can't remember when." B-Bomb sighed deeply as he remembered.

His life then was not easy. His life now wasn't either but he wouldn't trade it to go back. That's why he understood why Zico left. Zico left because there was nothing but an endless existence of pain and suffering for their future in the pack. Even though he was three or four, he already knew so much about the world. Though probably back then, all Zico wanted to get away from was starvation.

"That's why. Though you say you're distantly related, you're more alike than you may think." Hoya spoke up from his position on the floor. If B-Bomb had learned one thing after learning the guy's name and that his clothes fit his own body perfectly, it was that the guy rarely spoke. When he did though, it always ended up having a Taeil twist to it. As though he knew exactly what he was talking about though wouldn't let you in on the meaning of his words.

"You think so?" B-Bomb asked to no one in particular. The werewolves were all looking at him encouragingly. As though they somehow sympathized with his situation. Yet how would they? Weirdly, he felt a sudden change in the atmosphere around him. The wolves’ facial expressions flinched. They all looked towards each other, exchanging glances as they communicated a message that B-Bomb wished was as easy to interpret as your own glances were.

Woohyun stood up, catching his attention. He laughed though it sounded forced. "You're both willing to go to great lengths in order to protect the people you care about." Woohyun turned his head to the double doors leading out onto the balcony of Myungsoo's room.

"Sorry we didn't tell you before. We were going to tomorrow night but we can't exactly not tell you now." Sungyeol fiddled with the ends of the pillow on the couch dismally, not meeting eyes with B-Bomb as he lazily let out one long sigh.

"Sorry for what?" B-Bomb looked towards Woohyun only to have to quickly turn to the person who stood up and began walking towards the balcony door now.

Dongwoo opened the curtains and peered outside through the glass. The noise that followed was a low hum. That of a car pulling up to the house. More than one at that. "The hunters are here."

"Already?" Woohyun asked as he also approached the window now. He saw two vehicles park in front of the house. A red truck and a white car. "They must have been speeding." Woohyun had heard them, as well as everyone else, just as the hunters came winding down the road that lead to their house. They were rushing. In their obvious, loud cars. Which meant they knew.

"What? They're here? Why?" B-Bomb stood up from the couch and walked towards Woohyun and Dongwoo, only to be stopped by Hoya's next words.

"Because they found out."

B-Bomb stared at him, his lips parted as his eyebrows furrowed together. Then, Hoya did a rather un-Taeil like thing. He let him know the meaning behind his words from earlier. Why him and Zico were alike in more ways than he thought.

"They found out that Hyunjoo's gone."

Because both of them would act the same way towards the disappearance of one specific human girl.

"Well what the hell are we doing just standing here?"

Without hesitation.

------------

A/N:

I'm a few hours late. I fell asleep listening to Paradise yesterday. Updating early in the morning because I woke up just now~ This chapter is long but not alot happens in it. Its all about setting it up though. Plus, in this chapter, B-Bomb finally finds out that Hyunjoo's gone missing. Anyone else miss him as much as I did? 

By the way, to all of you lovely people who just started reading the story not too long ago and finally reached this point, Congratulations! Thank you for taking your time to read it even if there are some things you don't like in it. See you all tomorrow! Let's hope Infinite doesn't serenade me to sleep again tonight.

 

 

Heading back to sleep now.