IV

Springfield

The stranger slowly opened his eyes. His head pounded like hell and his body refused to move. He was wide awake however once he noticed he didn't recognize where he was. He cleared his throat and looked around as he attempted to sit up. He felt something keeping him from doing so. He looked down towards his hand to find the reason why he felt warmth in his palm.

A slim wrist that fit perfectly into his grasp lay there. At first, it felt so natural that he almost didn't bother with it however that's when he came by a realization. It was a girl's hand. A human girl's hand. He quickly let go of her and shook off the feeling of regret of doing so.

You stirred awake due to the sudden movement of your hand. He waited for you to open your eyes. He felt himself yearning to see what you looked like. When you finally opened your eyes, he got a full view of your facial features. He was stunned to say the least and he found it difficult to resist the urge to get closer let alone look away. You asked him if he was okay after seeing the blank look on his face which caused him to snap out of his trance.

He looked down to his open palms and thought back to what had happened the night before. As he recalled the events, his eyes slowly widened. He was looking for Hoya who had disappeared in the forest and then he was attacked. He, being weak and in pain, searched for Sungyeol or Sungjong or Sunggyu. That's when he smelled it. Their scents. The scents of his other two friends. He stood up from the bed without warning, startling you.

"Where are L and Dongwoo?"

"Who?"

He cursed and banged his fist onto your bed so hard you thought it would split in half. You worriedly readjusted the sheets, not caring that they were already damaged beyond repair. "Careful," you cooed at him.

He growled and completely ignored you as he voiced out his own thoughts, "Their scents are all over this place so I instinctively came in. But they’re not here?  I thought," his voice got quieter, making you unable to hear his last few words.

"Their scents?" You repeated after him.

"Unless," He turned his body towards you, compassion in his eyes, "You're their woman?"

Your eyes grew wide. You shook your hands in front of you in denial and almost fell out of your chair in the process, "What? Whose woman?" Your voice came out as a stutter due to embarrassment.

His gaze immediately reverted back to its fierceness from before after you answered his question, "If you’re not their woman then who are you?"

"I'm Hyunjoo and honestly, I have no idea who you're talking about." He went silent. You gulped and looked back at his bloodied and beaten body in worry. He shouldn't have been up and walking around after his little scene from before.

He noticed your look and then saw the bowl of water on the ground beside you. He snarled in dissatisfaction upon remembering what had happened just a few hours earlier.

"I hate owing humans."

You flinched, surprised, "What?"

He held out his palm in front of you, once more ignoring your question, "Give me your hand."

You were about to shake your head no. You weren't going to give your hand to some gangster, no way. He saw the look on your face and let out a sarcastic sounding laugh. He forcibly lifted your hand from your side, your squirming was no match for his strength.

He rubbed your hand in between his palms. Your heart beat got faster from the contact. The first time you held hands with a guy and it was some bloodstained stranger who you had found in your room. You pouted, though he took no notice of your feelings as he let his hands travel up your arm. You felt shivers at the awkward sort of massage he was giving you.

His hands stopped at your shoulder and traveled to your neck. You tried to duck, to make a run for it, but he held you there. A tingle ran down your spine as his hand ran up you neck and cupped your face. For some reason, the strength to resist wasn't surfacing inside of you. Instead you simply let him do as he pleased.

His hands were gentler than you thought as he ran a finger down your nose. Your eyes shut tight in reflex and your mouth formed an uncomfortable frown.

You heard him chuckle, causing you to open your eyes. His gaze was only amused for a moment before it returned to its usual ferocity as he removed his hands from you.

You felt your nerves relax upon him letting go of you. You stared up at him, questioning his actions.

"That'll keep the annoying pests in this town away." Was your only answer as he turned towards your open window. He spoke without looking at you as he approached the window, "And if they still go for you, tell 'em Woohyun won't hold back this time." Just then, he jumped.

Your eyes widened in panic as you rushed to the window. You looked around but all you saw was the bleakness of the night. You backed up into your bed, your legs growing weak, and fell back on it, not minding that it smelled like the stranger who had just departed. You touched your nose and parted your lips to in a deep breath.

As your eyes started to close, you wished that you weren't dreaming again.

 

 

"What did you do?"

A yell startled you awake. You sat up from your bed quickly, your hair a mess in front of your face as you did so. You squinted your eyes to find your mom standing there with a less than pleased look on her face.

"I come home after working the late shift and I find this mess? You didn't shower again? What's with the dirt smeared sheets?" She took a step inside and frowned, "And why is there water here?" She pointed to the bowl. You pathetically smiled at her. She scoffed at you in response, "I know I told you that we should change but I didn't mean like this. Just get dressed, its morning and you have school." She sighed and told you to take a bath and get ready for school before leaving the room.

You looked around, finding the room in the same condition from last night, your lamp still broken in front of your bed. "It wasn't a dream." You touched the covers of your bed and then ran your finger down your nose, the feeling of reminiscence overflowing inside of you. "Good." You smiled to yourself before walking to the bathroom to take a well-deserved bath because for some reason, you smelt like dog.

---------------------

A/N: Updating for my subscriber~