III

Springfield

You wearily sighed. Your back hurt from all the glares that you had received in class from the girls. "Honestly, how good looking is this Myungsoo guy?" You cocked your head in confusion as you absentmindedly packed your things into your bag. Suddenly, your things were knocked onto the ground. You looked up, a glare in your eyes upon reflex.

You met eyes with the pretty looking girl who sat in front of the Myungsoo guy. For a second, you saw a sort of killing intent in her eyes. However, she softened in an instant and bowed to you over and over again. She instantly apologized, "I'm sorry." Her sincerity made you think that perhaps you were just imagining things before.

Her friend came up behind her, "Come on Minah, let's go." They looked at you and sneered before dragging her away. You looked at your stuff on the ground and sighed. You bent over and picked it up, determined not to hear the laughing behind you.

 

 

"First I had lunch alone and now I have to pick up my stuff alone and walk to my car friendless to drive home?" You kicked the ground as you neared the parking lot, a pout on your face. You didn't care that you were alone; you just didn't like everyone laughing at you and glaring like you were the village idiot. So you had sat in the wrong seat, so what?

You heard the sound of a bicycle bell as you walked. You moved out of the way and sure enough a boy on a bike rode past you. You only saw his back as he rode away. You zoned out, not sure why your eyes were attracted to some mystery boy on a bike. Before you could question further your intentions, a group of girls bumped past you, causing you to almost lose your balance. As they walked away laughing, you threw a fit and flailed at the air. Your bag strap fell down to your elbow during the action. You blew up at your hair and pouted.

A bike screeched to a stop in front of you. The boy saw your tantrum and laughed quietly; trying to make sure you didn't notice him. As you turned to continue walking, he quickly looked away as you locked eyes with him and started on his bike again. He turned the corner and laughed again, "Odd Girl." He mumbled while taking one last glance at you.

 

 

You opened the front door of the house with the key your mom had given you a week ago. As you entered, you took your shoes off. You slugged up the stairs slowly, dreading your first day of school. A cruel teacher and even crueler classmates. Other than that, school was just as bland as you expected it to be. "Maybe tomorrow will be better," you positively chanted as you opened the door to your bedroom.

You stared wide eyed at what you saw, your backpack dropping from your back limply before landing onto the ground. You shook your head, not analyzing the situation quite clearly enough yet. You closed your eyes tight before opening them again though the sight in front of you persisted.

In front of you, on your bed, lay a boy. A dirt smudged, young, bloodied body of a boy. He writhed in pain on your bed, messing up the covers in the process. As he grasped at your sheets, his hazy eyes met yours.

For some reason, your heart beat grew faster. His eyes gave you shivers and sent your body into a frenzy. He growled, breaking contact with your eyes upon doing so. His back arched off of the bed as he howled so loudly you thought the house would get cracks. You rushed over, not thinking about the consequences, and lowered your hand onto his arm. For some reason, the want to touch his body that called out to yours triumphed over your fear of the unknown.

 He was sweating profusely. Even though he was, his body heat made you retract your hands immediately. His head turned towards you again. His eyes were narrowed at you, squinting from the pain. His dry lips parted, his hoarse voice came out trying to speak though nothing came out.

Your feet moved on their own.

You ran down the stairs to the kitchen and grabbed a large bowl. You had remembered when your mom would go into fits of rage before passing out due to the post trauma of your father leaving you two. She would always calm down whenever you soothed her with a cool towel so now you figured it was better than nothing.

You quickly filled the bowl with water and carried it upstairs. You quickened your pace as you heard the sound of what you had thought to be your bedside lamp breaking onto the floor. You placed the bowl in your room after picking a small towel from the bathroom.

Your eyes widened at the broken lamp that was at the foot of your bed. You shook your head, ignoring your fear as the stranger continued to writhe. You dipped the towelette into the water and, your hand trembling, placed it onto his forehead.

He immediately jerked his head away, resisting. You attempted to hold him down, however he was much too strong. He flung you onto the ground with a single push. Your back hit your dresser and you knew you would be feeling that in the morning. You struggled to stand up again, your strength threatening to leave you at any moment. You looked up and bit your lip as you tried once more to calm him down. You placed your hand onto his muscular upper arm and roughly held on as tight as you could before putting the towelette back on his forehead.

His was more welcoming to the coldness this time or perhaps he was just tired after that last burst of energy. His other hand reached over and grasped your hand. You jumped in surprise though his grip prevented you from pulling away. He kicked his feet and clenched his teeth as he fought back the unknown pain. You, having the feeling to run a bit too late, were left in his grasp.

Soon, you fell asleep from exhaustion and worry.

------------------------

A/N: I was asked for an update and here it is~ Hope you all enjoyed reading :)