XXVIII

Springfield

You pulled off of the road and set your car in park. It had taken you thirty minutes to get there. That was a long time. And you had seen what could happen within just a matter of mere seconds. Someone already might be dead. Moved by the fear of death, you quickly got out of the car and locked it behind yourself.

 You didn’t hesitate to enter the woods and break out into a run as soon as you saw the small almost unrecognizable path. The ground was wet from the humidity in the air and you slipped off of your feet. Your head hit the ground hard and for a moment you thought you had out. Luckily, you didn’t. You stood up and readjusted yourself before following the path again.

Your feet crumbled the fallen leaves on the road as you ran. It wasn’t long before you saw the watermill coming into sight. Your head pounded and you could hear the old creaking of the watermill as it slowly its rusty gears. Your hair whipped your face as a blur of wind hit you.

That’s when you heard a scream. Actually, more like a howl. A long, long howl. The morning sun barely made itself seen through the tops of the dense trees. A misty air hung around and it took your eyes a while to adjust. It took you a moment to realize where that howl had come from.

You saw two figures. One was laid out on the ground, its body limp. The other held onto the first with trembling hands. The figure lifted his head up to the sky and howled again. You walked closer, causing the ground around you to make your presence known. The howling figure stopped and looked at you. The whites of his eyes shone through the light fog around you.

That’s when you recognized the figure despite the thumping of your head. The bike boy that rode past you every day as you entered the school. But why? If he was here than that means that he was also a…

Your brain couldn’t process your next thought as you looked to the figure bike boy held onto for dear life. Your heart skipped a beat. You thought time would stop right there and then. You shook your head no as you got closer, your knees collapsing onto the ground by bike boy. Tears swelled. Your throat tightened.

“Woohyun?” You questioned with your stuttering voice. “Woohyun?” Your thin fingers wrapped around the fabric of his bloodstained shirt. “Hey, wake up.” He wasn’t moving. His body was cold. Dangerously cold. “Hey, c’mon. Quit it.” You whimpered as your head slowly fell down onto his chest. You couldn’t hear his heartbeat. He couldn’t leave you. Not like your father did. “Jerk. Wake up.” Your tears fell onto his lifeless body.

“No, you wake up.”

Your eyes widened at the sound of his voice. You lifted your head up and looked towards his face. It was still as lifeless as it was moments before. You furrowed your eyebrows, wondering if you just heard wrong. That your mind was playing tricks on you; an after effect from that fall from earlier.

“C’mon. You’re the one who needs to wake up.”

You heard again. You turned to bike boy to find he was no longer there. Your eyes darted back to Woohyun but his body was also gone. Your eyes scanned the forest around you, all of it turning to black quickly.

Pitch darkness was your only companion before you felt a tug on your hair, “You’ve slept long enough. Get up.” You heard. You opened your eyes that were apparently closed.

 

 

 

You blinked a few times as blurry figures came into view. Seven of them to be exact. You were sitting up on something like a chair and your movement was restricted. As though you were wrapped in something. When your vision cleared, you found yourself in a familiar Victorian styled living room.

Staring at you was Sunggyu, Sungjong, Hoya, Myungsoo, bike boy, Dongwoo, and Woohyun. You thanked god but wondered if this was a dream.

“You were dreaming.” Hoya told you as a smile graced his features.

“Welcome to reality.” Dongwoo laughed as he stretched his arms up into the air.

“Dreaming?” You mumbled as you attempted to lift your hands to find a blanket wrapped around you. You looked back up at them. “What happened? I thought that the hunters…” Your voice slowly found itself fading out. You attempted to recall what was real about you going to the watermill and what wasn’t.

“We found you passed out in the woods. You had a nasty fall.” Sungjong commented as he got up to put more wood in the fireplace.

“What made you think it was right to follow anyway?” Myungsoo scolded as usual which made your head hurt even more. You ignored him and instead found your attention focused on Woohyun. He blinked a few times at you due to your stares.

“What is it?”

You shook your head, dismissing the dream. For some reason, you didn’t think you should talk about it. You felt like that would only make the dream become reality. That was definitely something you didn’t want. You already just now got used to this whole werewolf thing. Woohyun dying on you would be too much. You looked to bike boy now. It was weird. You saw him in your dream before you even knew he was a werewolf. Why? Could you have sensed that he was different somehow? You really didn’t know.

“I’m Sungyeol. Nice to meet you.” He feigned innocence as he introduced himself to you. You had talked to him once before so you found it a bit odd though went ahead and nodded in confirmation anyway.

“Well, what about the hunters? Zico?” The name sent off a silent bomb in the already quiet room. But you had to know. Had to know if B-Bomb was okay. And if, though you wouldn’t admit it, if Zico was okay.

“Well, first, we weren’t kidnapped.” Woohyun laughed a bit as he glanced in Sunggyu’s direction. He looked back at you and continued, “It’s just not every day the hunters actually want to talk before they shoot something.” 

---------------

A/N:

Some of my lovely readers were confused last chapter right? (One of my commenters understood so that told me I didn't have to retype the 27th chapter)

If you understood what was going on, skip the following paragraph:

Here's the explanation of why B-Bomb was called. After B-Bomb tried to stop Kyung from kidnapping/hurting Hyunjoo (You), Hyunjoo found out that B-Bomb was the type to try to stop fights from happening and subsequently got his number. In the last chapter, she called him and when he answered he told her where the hunters (Block B) had taken Sungyeol and Woohyun (because he did not want to have to fight Infinite). Since B-Bomb did save her from being shot by Kyung, she wasn't hostile towards him. She asks him to "Distract them" for awhile, hoping that he could stop Zico from lashing out on everyone.

And that's it. Hope everyone who didn't have a clue and thought she betrayed the werewolves (Infinite) understands now :)

Make sure to comment on such things so that I can help clear things up.  (and comment on what shocked you, made you happy, etc)

Thank you for reading~

EDIT: I chose the name "Springfield" because it was the first thing that popped into my head before I even started typing the story.

Does anyone have any titles they think would suit the story? I'd like to hear them :)