XXVI

Springfield

"What are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked again. You could tell he was irritated from his tone. The fact that Myungsoo also happened to come home at the same time as him did not make the situation any better. You reached up and rubbed the back of your neck uncomfortably. How were you supposed to explain that you came because you were worried about them? Of course, you supposed you could just say that though another part of you told you it wasn't just the handsome werewolves you were worried about but also a certain hunter. Thoughts of B-Bomb drifted across your mind.

Admitting you were worried would also imply that you see them as weak. Sunggyu, after you saw him in action, was definitely not weak. So you decided to go with a blatant lie, "Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Hoya said they would come over today in the morning. When they didn't I figured I would come to them.”  You couldn't believe how nonchalantly you said that. You almost believed yourself.

Apparently, Sunggyu was unconvinced. Though then you received help from a rather unexpected source.

"Yeah, I remember." Myungsoo spoke up, "They didn't show?" It took you a moment to overcome the shock that was Myungsoo actually covering for you. However it only took a nod of the head from you and a calm face from Myungsoo to convince Sunggyu of your lie.

"I see." Sunggyu mumbled as he grunted in frustration at the fact that you already knew where they lived. Though he should've guessed it. Your scent had hung thick in the living room but he had just assumed it was because Hoya, Woohyun, and Dongwoo hung around you often.

"Hey, I need to give you back your notes for math right?" You blinked a few times due to Myungsoo’s statement. Sunggyu and Sungjong looked to you and Myungsoo, not knowing you two had such a friendly relationship when most of the time you were spoken about he would scowl and snarl.

"Ah right." You nodded, figuring you'd help him out since he just helped you. You didn't want to owe him after all.

"They're in my room. C'mon." He stood from the couch and gestured for you to follow. You got up and looked at Sungjong and Sunggyu, who both seemed to have no idea what was going on. "Let's go." He rushed. You stumbled after him, adjusting your large sweater in order to keep it covering your shoulders as you did so. You looked forward as you followed him to the stairs. There he went again, showing you that back you could never manage to keep your eyes off of. Once he reached the stairs, he turned suddenly, making you jump and quickly look away. He snarled before turning around to continue on.

 

 

 

Your first impression of Myungsoo's room? Well it was actually cozy feeling. There was a window on the far wall that faced towards where the sun rose. So right now the room was brightly lit. You looked around, taking in the cologne that hung in the air that must've been his. More than musky, there was something dangerous about it. About this whole situation actually.

He turned towards you suddenly, making you flinch. He stomped over and you didn't known if he was going to eat you or,

"What the hell are you doing? Sunggyu was this close to figuring out your lie."

He interrupted your thoughts with the closeness of his face. You backed away on reflex, "Why don't you give me back my 'math notes' first, then we'll talk." You narrowed your eyes at him and pushed him away from you.

He scoffed at your backtalk. He still couldn't get used to the fact that you weren't like other girls in that aspect. "If you coming over is about the full moon, you should know that what happens isn't what you think it is."

You pursed your lips, "Well tell me what I think it is."

He frowned and lowered his voice to a hush, "You're probably thinking something along the lines of the werewolves going crazy and the hunters taking advantage of that period of insanity." He was right, that's why you had come rushing over. How he could read you like a book however baffled you. "But let me tell you," He growled, "The real thing that happens is not something to be worried about us over." You were a bit angry that he didn't tell you anything besides the fact that your thoughts were wrong. Though it could've been worse, he could've kidnapped you and taken you somewhere. Zico drifted to your mind and it was only for a moment but you wondered if he was also okay just like Myungsoo and Sungjong. Then, you remembered something else.

"Hey," Myungsoo looked towards you, a tired look was carved into his features. His face spoke his words for him, 'What is it this time.' You covered your mouth with your hand to avoid laughing. You cleared your throat, "You're from Thailand right?"

Myungsoo tensed at the question. You could tell that you had once more stepped on land mine with him.

"Get out." A low growl came from his mouth. You expected some cursing. Instead, he turned his back to you. He leaned on the window and breathed out. You waited for an outburst from him. After a moment, you gripped the edge of your sweater as you bit your lip. You gulped down your curiosity about him and left the room to go back downstairs.

 

 

 

You walked down the stairs dejectedly. Your hair covered your peripheral as you watched your feet take each step downward. “Hyunjoo?” Your head snapped up. You found a familiar blonde looking up at you from beneath the railings.

“Dongwoo.” His name escaped your lips in a low voice. You were relieved that from what you could see he also had no injury of any kind.

“I heard I was supposed to visit you this morning?” He gave you a face and you frowned. He let out one light laugh, “Sorry I couldn’t make it.” He teased as he motioned you to follow him. You obliged as he led you back to the living room. The news was on and Sungjong, Sunggyu, and Hoya were indulged into it.

Hoya’s ears perked up as he smelled you. He turned and gave you a smile. Sunggyu must’ve told him your lie as well though he didn’t look in the least bit angry. Of that you were thankful for. You walked into the living room and plopped down onto the sofa next to Sungjong. You were still a little too tortured by your nightmares to sit next to Sunggyu on the other side.

“This morning a group of campers arrived at the hospital with various animal related wounds.” The newscaster on the television stated. All four of the boys’ attention went to the screen. The atmosphere got dark quickly and you could feel the tension in the air.

Myungsoo had just come down from his room when he heard the television. He leaned on the archway of the living room with a solemn expression on his face. His arms were crossed in front of his chest as he closed his eyes and listened.

“Two campers are in critical condition. The other three campers only sustained minor injuries. Further information will be provided at-“ Sunggyu muted the television and stared at the screen.

Something was wrong. You didn’t like how he looked. Not how any of them looked right now. You turned to Sungjong. He was staring down at his open palms. Hoya was slouched over in his seat. Dongwoo was sprawled on the lounge chair, his head using the back of the chair as a headrest. You looked to Myungsoo now. He was the only one who looked back at you. There was a kind of message in his eyes. A message that only confirmed your original thoughts.

“Does this have to do with what happened last night?”