LXXXII

Springfield

 

“I object.” Woohyun raised his hand high into the air.

Sunggyu shot him down, “This isn’t something you can object to.”

Woohyun looked to everyone else for support. All of them wanted to say the same thing as him but they knew it was no use arguing with Sunggyu.

You shook your head no, “I can’t do that.”

“Where else is he going to stay while he’s learning how to control his transformations? He can’t go back to the hunters. If he does, any progress he’s made will be affected by his feelings for his friends. He’s staying at your house. That’s the condition to our agreement.” Sunggyu gave you a stern look.

You bit your bottom lip and ran your fingers through your hair while you cursed silently. Your mother would now only have more reasons to yell empty words at you. There was no way you could let B-Bomb stay in your house.

B-Bomb watched your internal struggle in silence. He also did not want to stay at your house. First, you had told him a few times of how your mother was to you. He didn’t want to mess up the relationship you two had any more than it already was. Second, staying alone in a house with you wasn’t exactly good for his sanity. Before, when you stayed with the hunters, there were six other people. If it was just the two of you, he would go crazy and might even do things he would regret.

Myungsoo slid out of his seat at the kitchen island, “He can stay with me. We can share the room.” Sunggyu turned to him, unsure if that situation would be safe. “I’ll keep an eye on him."

Sunggyu nodded and Myungsoo walked to the entrance to the living room, gesturing B-Bomb to follow him to his room. He got up from the kitchen table beside you and glanced in your direction once more before leaving with Myungsoo.

“Like I said before,” You looked away from where B-Bomb had left to and turned towards Sunggyu, “Minhyuk won’t be able to see his friends until we’re sure he can control himself.”

You nodded just as B-Bomb had earlier when Sunggyu had told him that. He understood what it meant to go against what Zico wanted and instead do this. It meant betraying his friends. Still, he couldn’t stand the constant struggle him and his friends had to go through. If he was able to control his transformations at will and stop drinking Wolfsbane, there would be no reason to fight the werewolves by order of the mayor. They would no longer have to follow anyone’s orders. So for now, he would leave his friends because he knew he would return to them in the future.

“Neither will you.”

Your eyes widened at Sunggyu’s words. You what? You couldn’t see the hunters anymore? You stood up from your chair to protest against it. Sunggyu stood up as well, meeting you halfway as you stomped towards him. “What do you mean I can’t see them anymore?”

“They’ll try to hurt you if they found out you helped one of their own find his way to us.”

You glared at him, lifting up your chin to his taller self, “They won’t try to hurt me. Sure, they won’t understand what I did. They may even hate me for it but they won’t try to hurt me.”

Sunggyu’s eyes left your frame as he glanced sideways, “And if they do? I’m not going to let you get hurt. Not again.” His eyes drifted to your arm and he remembered again the day his claws cut through your skin. His heart felt like it was swelling in his chest at the thought of a bullet instead piercing your skin. “You trust me, don’t you?”

You nodded unconsciously, the urge to argue against him fading fast.

“Then listen to me. Even if they approach you, don’t bat an eyelash. I’ll talk to them about it myself. I’ll make them understand. Not you. Please listen to me just this once.”

Your eyes fell to the floor in defeat. “Alright.” You said dismally, your heart sinking. “I’ll listen.”

“Thank you.” He said in response. Darn Sunggyu for making you feel so submissive. Darn the werewolves for being so protective of you. Still, imagining your life as anything besides abnormal was impossible now. Imagining your life without werewolves in it was no longer something you wanted to do.

 

 

 

“Should I sleepover?” Woohyun asked you with a cheesy smile, “Last time you said no, you got kidnapped, remember?”

“If Woohyun’s sleeping over than I am too,” Sungyeol said beside him, an annoyed look spread across his face.

“No one is sleeping over.” Hoya narrowed his eyes at the two other boys. “Fair enough?”

Woohyun pressed his lips into a firm line in displeasure however did not speak up against Hoya. If he did sleep over, then Sungyeol would want to. Then Hoya would want to. Then Sungjong would come over. Then Dongwoo would be lonely and join them. There was no point to it if there were that many people.

Sungyeol was fine as long as Woohyun didn’t have his way, “Goodnight Hyunjoo.” You flashed a smile at him and turned towards the door of the house. You unlocked it and stepped inside.

“Call us if anything happens.” Hoya said. You had gotten your phone back from Sungjong earlier at the house. Apparently, the older werewolves gave him a good beating for taking it in the first place. You nodded, your eyes shifting to Woohyun again.

Once more, his cheesy smile showed itself as he teased you, “Are you sure I shouldn’t sleepover?” You scoffed at his absurdity.

“I’m sure.” You pursed your lips and nodded at him.

He lifted his hand to his ear, his thumb and pinky finger sticking out as the rest of his fingers were folded down, “I’m just a phone call away.” You fought against the growing smile on your face, vowing to not give him the satisfaction of knowing you actually liked this playful side of him, and waved nonchalantly.

“Bye bye.” You gave the three one last slight smile before closing the door behind you.

 

 

 

Myungsoo rummaged through his dresser, his expression serious. This Minhyuk guy was a bit more built than him so he wondered if his clothes would fit alright.

“Thank you for letting me stay with you.” B-Bomb spoke in Myungsoo’s direction as he set up a few blankets on the couch in Myungsoo’s room. The room itself was bigger than any of the bedrooms at the hunter’s house. It had enough space for a three seater couch to be placed at the footboard of the bed. The bed’s width was the width of the couch, amazing B-Bomb. Myungsoo had explained after he entered that it was because he often moved around in his sleep.

Myungsoo waved his hand dismissively as he moved away from his dresser, a set of clothes in his hand. He laid the clothes onto the arm of the couch, “Since you can’t go and get yours, you can just wear mine for now. Though I think Hoya’s clothes will fit you more, so tomorrow just ask him about it.” B-Bomb stood still, staring at Myungsoo silently. “Hoya is the one with the brown hair and the muscles.” B-Bomb thought over the werewolves one by one in his head, still not sure. “Forget it,” Myungsoo sighed, “I’ll just ask him for you.”

B-Bomb took the set of clothes in his hand and saw that the clock on Myungsoo’s nightstand read ‘8:29.’ He wondered if it was alright to take a shower now and voiced out his opinions. Myungsoo turned away from his dresser that he was in the process of reorganizing.

He closed it with his hip and walked towards the door of the room, pointing down the hall, “There are four bathrooms, one in Sunggyu’s room, one in Dongwoo’s, one down the hall upstairs, and one in the hallway of the first floor. So, you’ll use the one in the upstairs hallway with the other five of us. When you take a bath, you’ll go after Hoya who’ll go after Woohyun. Since the two plus Sungyeol went ahead and took Hyunjoo home, you can go ahead. The extra towels are folded in the linen closet when you get there. Feel free to help yourself to what’s in there. We all use the same thing. Besides toothbrushes that is.” He mumbled the last part.  

B-Bomb nodded and started out of the room. When he made it into the hallway, he couldn’t help the odd feeling inside of him. It was weird to be treated with such hospitality. This Myungsoo guy was actually not as bad as he originally thought.

 

 

 

B-Bomb came back from having a quick shower, his hair still slightly wet. He ended up using only a quarter-sized amount of body wash. He would have rather not used it, feeling it was rude even though Myungsoo told him it was okay, but he felt like he had rolled in his own sweat for days and was able to convince himself to go ahead and use some.

He wasn’t sure what to do with his towel so he ended up carrying it with him. The clothes Myungsoo gave him were loose so they fit him well. As he walked down the hallway, someone came from downstairs.

“Hey, what was your name again? Minhyuk?”

He turned, finding one of the werewolves standing there, though he only knew Sungjong, Sunggyu, and Myungsoo by face and name so he had no idea who this was.

B-Bomb nodded in response to the question he was asked, “You can call me B-Bomb.”

“I’m Woohyun. Nice to meet you B-Bomb.” He smiled widely and walked past B-Bomb, towards his room. B-Bomb decided to head back to Myungsoo’s when he was called for again. “B-Bomb, I just want to thank you for taking care of Hyunjoo all this time. It means a lot to not only me, but all of us.”

B-Bomb stood still, stunned. He nodded, “No problem.” Woohyun showed him one last smile before opening a door adjacent from Myungsoo’s room and entering.

B-Bomb shrugged and entered Myungsoo’s room again. What greeted him however was an empty room. He looked around, one more time, not sure of himself. Yet, his answer was the same. Myungsoo wasn’t here. As he walked towards the couch, his eyes were drawn to the two pillows laid out there. He looked to Myungsoo’s bed, finding that two pillows were missing out of the original four. B-Bomb plopped down onto the couch, exhausted from the day’s events.

His eyes drifted to the pillows and then he remembered Woohyun’s greeting from earlier, “The werewolves aren’t that bad.”

 

 

 

You sat up in your bed, unable to sleep. You were restless now despite how tired you knew your body was and were unable to fall asleep. You shifted your legs out of bed and ran your hand through your hair, flipping it back. You groaned as your head spun when you stood up.

On the way downstairs, you saw your mom’s bedroom door wide open. Another night of working late you thought. She might as well just live at the hospital. You shook your head and headed towards the front door in order to go out for some air.

The cold breeze felt good on your tired body. You wanted to curl up into a ball and sleep right away. You sat down on the steps of the porch and held your knees to your chest. With a sigh, you rested your chin on your knees. A shimmer of light came from your wrist. You lifted your hand in front of you, finding the silver bracelet given to you by Zico to be wrapped on securely. You dangled it around, watching different parts of the bracelet come to life as the moon reflected in the metal.

“What to do?” You asked yourself and closed your eyes. When you opened them, you got a shock. You flinched backwards, almost falling onto your back. Five feet in front of you, standing on all fours, was a dog, or rather a wolf. The wolf had pitch-black fur that seemed to be faintly blue due to the moon reflecting on it. A calming sensation poured into you. There was something familiar about the feeling. As you finally looked into the wolf’s eyes, you realized why.

“Myungsoo?” The wolf sat down in response. You sighed in relief that this was not a mere wild animal, “you scared me you know?” The wolf, or rather Myungsoo, did not respond and instead remained still in its sitting position. “Poker face as always?” You huffed and turned away, crossing your arms in front of your legs and hugging them close once more. A small twinkling sound came from your wrist and you looked down at your bracelet again.

“I know Sunggyu said I can’t see them,” You started, the urge to tell someone how you felt overflowing inside of you, “but that’ll just make me miss them more.” You unclasped the bracelet from your hand and twirled it through your fingers, “Though I can’t imagine having to fight against you guys again.” You shook your head no and shoved the bracelet into your pajama pant’s pocket, “It won’t happen again right? This will work out, won’t it?”

The werewolf did nothing, continuing to stare at you as though he couldn’t understand a single thing you said. Still, you knew Myungsoo did.

You couldn’t help the smile forming on your lips, “You know, when you’re not arguing with me, you’re not that bad. You should change into that form more often. Talking less would make you more pleasant.”

The werewolf lifted its nose up at you as if he was offended by your words.

“I’m kidding.” A single laugh escaped your lips before you smiled again. Even the Myungsoo that argued with you was pleasant. Though, saying that to him was something you’d never do. 

------

A/N:

That's right. You can't stop loving Leader Gyu. :)

One Question for this chapter: Would you have let Woohyun sleep over?

Pros: Woohyun Interaction

Cons: No Myungsoo Interaction 

Choose your answer carefully~

 

 

P.S. Updated early for you all. No need to thank me however I will except them with open arms~