XXV

Springfield

Two days had passed since Myungsoo visited you. You let your fingers lightly tap the side of the mug in your hands. It was the weekend today so there was no school. This wasn’t the reason you were bored out of your mind however. The reason was that your mom still hadn’t come to her senses about the whole “guys appearing at our door” and the whole “lost in forest” situation so she still hadn’t forgiven you. You understood she dished out punishment but today she went to hang out at the bar with coworkers without even saying goodbye. All you got was a note on the coffee machine that said, “Going to bar with friends.”

It was still cold outside so you had a light blanket wrapped around your legs as you were lying on the couch watching television. Another thing that bugged you though was that after the night before, when you went to school, Myungsoo wasn’t there. Neither was Dongwoo, nor Hoya, nor Woohyun. You didn’t even see that kid who usually passes by you on his bike. It was weird. Myungsoo definitely said he would see you yesterday but you shouldn’t have been surprised that the werewolf didn’t keep his word.

Though another part of you knew there must have been a reason. A reason why they didn’t show up yesterday. You tried to think of all the possible reasons why as you switched the channel, not really paying attention.

The buzz of the newswoman’s voice drowned itself into your head. You absentmindedly listened to her as she reported, “Last night we got another glimpse of the beautiful moon as it became full overhead. It will be one more month before the moon once more reaches its whole, signaling-“ You blinked a couple of times.

“Full moon.” You mumbled. You tapped your cup lightly with your slim fingers, “Full moon. Werewolves.” Your eyes widened upon realization. You quickly sat up in the couch and looked around, your eyes frantic for what you should do first. You set down your coffee and turned off the television, quickly throwing the blanket off of you and onto the couch in the process. You stumbled forward as you made a run for the stairs.

Once you got to your room, you opened your dresser and grabbed a pair of pants. Next, went to your closet and pulled a wool sweater from its hanger. You didn’t bother to brush your fluffy hair but instead threw off your pajamas and slipped the loose sweater that often fell from one of your shoulders over your head. You grabbed the pants and ran back downstairs, making a difficult time of putting them on while you made your way to the bottom. You buttoned them and grabbed your shoes to slip them on as well. You hopped over to the small table in the hall and reached into the small clay bowl for your car keys.

Now was not the time to worry about your mother’s temper tantrums. You quickly ran out the front door and locked it behind yourself. The cold wind hit you hard but you ignored it and smoothed the hair out of your face as you quickly made for your car.

You didn’t hesitate to drive towards the place that you had so hesitated to go into just two days ago.

If things were what you were thinking, then you had to make sure they were alright. Had to be sure that Zico didn’t keep his word.

 

 

 

You pulled up to the familiar large cottage around thirty minutes later. You were driving based on memory so you were amazed you found it at all. Most likely it was the adrenaline inside of your system that kept you thinking on your toes, which were, by the way, freezing at this point due to the fact that you weren’t wearing socks. You got out of the car and shoved your keys in your front pocket as you quickly jogged up to the front door.

You breathed out, your breath turning to white mist frost in front of you, as you caught your breath for a moment. Your heart was beating so quickly you thought that your eardrums would burst from the sheer noise that your heart caused as it vibrated against your chest. You banged on the door with a clenched fist, “Myungsoo!” You weren’t sure why his name was the first one that escaped your throat or even why you shouted his name at all. “Woohyun! Sungjong!” You called them all out, one after another. Your throat stung from the cold penetrating into your mouth now, “Hoya! Dongwoo! Sunggyu!” You literally screamed the last three names.

You jiggled the handle, finding it open. You didn’t hesitate to open it widely. There, in front of you, was the same pretty face that acted as a shield against bullets for you not long ago. You felt yourself overcome with relief. You quickly ran for him and wrapped your arms around his neck.

“Whoa!” Sungjong, who was in the process of brushing his teeth when he heard the yelling at the door, wasn’t sure what was going on.

“Thank God.” You whispered next to his ear as you hugged his neck tighter. Sungjong didn’t complain at first, in fact he let you hang onto him for around a minute or two but that was before he felt the cold air blowing in from outside.

“Hey hey hey, you left the door open.” Sungjong hated the cold most of all. Even though he was all insulated werewolf he still couldn’t stand the chill. You let go of him, a bit surprised at your actions. You were relieved, sure, but hugging him? You couldn’t believe you had done that.

Would you have done the same thing had it been someone else standing there? Sunggyu? No way. Woohyun? More like yell at him for making you worry. Myungsoo? Well, your mind went blank. You figured you would yell at him too. You came to the conclusion that it was because it was Sungjong that you reacted like this.

“Sorry.” You went to the door and closed it.

“So what’s up?” Sungjong cheerfully asked you. His was a bit perked up since he had just been hugged and he was in no way attempting to hide his enthusiasm. “Wait, how do you know we live here anyway?”

You dismissed the topic, “Doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you’re okay.”

Sungjong cocked his head at you in confusion, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

You looked at him and bit your lip, “Because yesterday was a full moon. Then there’s Zico-“

“Zico? The hunter guy?” Sungjong let out a light laugh, “They haven’t told you yet?”

“Told me what?”

Suddenly, the front door opened. Sungjong immediately lifted his slouched shoulders in the presence of the person who entered. Of course, the person was more focused on you than anything.

“What are you doing here?” Sunggyu asked, his eyes narrowed at you dangerously.

---------------------

A/N: Last of the 3 updates for today~