XX

Springfield

You tried to wipe off the dirt on your legs to no avail. Your hands merely got dirty as well. You sighed as you flipped your hair back, trying to get the sweat not to stick to your forehead that came from the fight you had had with Kyung on the way to wherever the two of you were right now. He was calmly leaning against the trunk of a tree as he looked around, not once focusing on you in the least. “So this hate you have for me, is it a permanent thing? Am I going to be kidnapped on a daily basis now?”

He looked to you and managed a smile, “Don’t worry. I don’t want anything to do with you from this point on.”

You nodded at his answer and looked down, “Great.” You mumbled, not sure what to do now. Do you run? There was no way you would get away from him. Do you sit and wait? But wait for what exactly? Why did Kyung come to you in the first place? He said it was to see the “gravity” of the situation. But what situation was he talking about? You were at a loss as the boy who held all the answers to your questions refused to speak when you called out to him.

You frowned and decided to take a seat down onto a pile of leaves beneath a trunk of a tree near Kyung. You sat Indian style as you looked up at him. He didn’t seem like the kind of person to do something like this. He was a handsome boy with the kind of features that matched his personality perfectly. His rigid, strict personality was backed with deadly looks. Exactly what you needed right now, a hot guy who could care less if you died in the woods because of him. You shook your head in disapproval but then, Kyung stood from his position on the tree.

You looked over at him again, who was looking seriously off into the distance. “I’m surprised he caught up so quickly.”

You furrowed your eyebrows at him as you readjusted yourself, “Who caught up quickly?” He didn’t answer you but instead reached beside his belt and unhooked something, “Kyung?” You called, only to have him take a step back and point a silver gun at you. You went wide eyed.

“Take a step closer and I swear it I won’t hesitate.” Kyung spoke out loud. Your eyes shook in fear as he gripped his gun casually. He really hated you enough to point a gun at you so nonchalantly? A breeze blew by, causing your hair to stand on edge. Suddenly, there was a figure in front of you. A thin, fit figure. You could only see their back but you knew immediately you were glad they were there.

“I thought hunters kept their word.” The figure talked down to Kyung despite Kyung being older and well, the one holding the gun. Kyung laughed, his gun still pointed straight on.

“You monsters really are fast huh? I assume you’re the fastest of them though.” Kyung smiled when he got silence and a low hum of a growl in answer, “When we chased your pal through the forest alone he wasn’t nearly as quick as you. That must have a downside though.” Kyung eyed the figure’s small frame, “And I think I just found it.”

A gunshot rang through the air. You were shocked as a force suddenly grabbed your shoulders and pulled you to the left, onto the ground face first. Leaves entangled themselves into your hair and dirt smeared onto the remaining surface of your clothes and body. You blinked a couple of times, wondering if you were dead. If death included having a good-looking boy staring you straight in the eyes than death should’ve come sooner. The figure was not only slim and fit, he was also gorgeous. He was more girly looking than you in fact.

“That’s what I thought.”

Kyung’s voice brought you away from your trance. The figure, a boy, got up from shielding you on the ground and crouched near you protectively, snarling all the while.

“Not the fighter are you? Your speed is all you’ve got going for you. Though I’m impressed you dodged my shot.” Kyung readjusted his gun towards the two of you, his arms waving back and forth, “Should I take out you first or the girl?” The boy’s eyes got wide. You sat up and couldn’t help but feel as though you were safer before this mystery boy showed up. You gripped onto his shoulder.

“Run.” You whispered. If he ran, than Kyung would at least go easier on you. He hated werewolves, which is what you figured mystery boy was, but not humans. Mystery boy gulped down but his head screamed at him not to stray from your side. “Run. Now.” You told him again though he didn’t move an inch. You tugged at the sleeve of his shirt, pleading with him.

“I think I’ll take out the girl.” Kyung grinned, sensing the mystery boy’s hesitation, and pulled back on the trigger slowly. Mystery boy quickly turned and shielded you by pulling you close to him. You tried to shake him off but he refused to let go of you as his body seemed to engulf you into his arms. His slim body didn’t seem to be slim at all at the moment. You felt safe but you knew he wouldn’t be.

“No.” You mumbled against him.

“Kyung!”

Kyung froze, his eyes didn’t have to turn to figure out who the voice belonged to. B-Bomb emerged from the woods, his eyes widening at what he saw. Mystery boy held onto you tighter now that another hunter had showed up.

“Sungjong!”

The mystery boy’s grip loosened as he turned to the voice.

“Hyung!” He cried out, his stuttering voice showing exactly how scared he was. You held onto his trembling arm with your quaking hand. You breathed out, thankful. Though your relief didn’t last long. Sunggyu saw what was in front of him and immediately attacked Kyung. B-Bomb, though he came to stop Kyung in the first place, couldn’t let his friend get hurt.

A fight broke out. 

---------------

A/N: A fight has now started! Will someone get hurt?

Find out next chapter~

Don't forget to leave your comments :)