XL

Springfield

 

"Daddy?" Minah came down the stairs in her blue dress with a frown on her face. "What's wrong?" She asked as she came to a stop in front of him.

Sunggyu's fingers wrapped around yours tightly. Your senses numbed as he led you to stand from the couch, his hand stuck on yours like glue. He bowed politely, "Thank you for having us here for lunch sir."

The mayor's brow rose up in question, "I don't remember inviting you." He said with an annoyed expression.

"I invited them daddy." Minah spoke up as she stood in front of you and Sunggyu.

The mayor crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently, "And why is that exactly?"

Minah opened to speak but nothing came out. She looked to Myungsoo as he arrived at the bottom of the stairs, as if she was asking him that very question. "Well," she started hesitantly.

"It was only supposed to be me but I didn't want to have to cling to your daughter all night because I knew no one else." Myungsoo finished for her. He saw Minah's look of regret due to her lost chance to have him cling onto her and had to keep himself from scowling. He didn't even know he could lie so well. He turned to Sunggyu and you. His eyes shifted to your intertwined hands and his next sentence came out more annoyed sounding than calm, "And this is the lovely couple Sunggyu and Hyunjoo. It's a double date kind of thing." He plastered a grin on his face despite his dissatisfaction with everything going on around him.

Minah completely gave into the idea, "Yeah, it's a double date daddy." She gave him a cute smile as she tugged on his suit sleeve. She looked over at Myungsoo and smiled; the word "double date" leaving his lips made having to deal with her angry father completely worth it.

The mayor looked at you and frowned; his old age showing as the wrinkles around his mouth formed, "Double date?" He questioned the word as if it were foreign to him.

He saw Sunggyu's hand tense as he got a little closer to you and he laughed. It was one of the laughs you had heard come out of his mouth when he was talking about the elites just a week before. The kind of laugh that showed he was superior to everyone. It made you sick just hearing it.

"Lovely couple?" He laughed again. You gripped onto Sunggyu's arm with your free hand while you glared at the man in front of you. "Alright." He looked back down at Minah and showed a toothy grin, "It's actually nice to have them here." The way he said the word them made it seem as if he only meant you and that sent chills down your spine.

Myungsoo grimaced at the situation while Minah was absolutely excited, "Thank you daddy!" She stood on the tips of her toes and gave him a peck on the cheek. She hopped over to Myungsoo and put her arm through his. His reflexes made him retract away from her in distaste of her skinship. She didn't notice and instead continued to bounce up and down, "Let's go to the dining room." She exclaimed.

The doorbell rang with precise timing as if they were waiting for the right moment to interrupt.

You looked up at Sunggyu. He gazed back at you with determined eyes. Just for tonight. Just this one night and he promised himself he wouldn't put neither his pack nor you in such a risky situation again.

-------------

A/N:

A short chapter for now. I will attempt to update in a few hours so anticipate it :)

(P.S. The main chapter image is just something I experimented with

so don't be impacted too much by the fact that Myungsoo and Woohyun are in it)