LX

Springfield

 

U-Kwon’s mood perked up as he heard a car pull into the driveway outside. He leapt out of his seat and slid across the wooden floor in his socks. As soon as he got to the entrance of the foyer, he leaned onto the wall with his arms crossed, waiting. As soon as the door opened, you flinched back in surprise. “Hey.” He greeted with a smirk.

You shook off your surprise and walked inside of the house, “Were you going somewhere?” You asked him as you looked him up and down.

“I was, but I changed my mind.” He responded as he walked near you and closed the door behind you. You looked down at his feet and rose an eyebrow at him.

“In socks?”

U-Kwon looked down and cursed at himself for his stupid lie, “That’s right.” He said, not wanting to take back his words. You huffed out in amusement, something he caught onto. He noticed you were doing it lately, stopping yourself from laughing. Before, when anything happened, you were just silent. You didn’t smile. Now, you were slowly giving into it. He wanted to see your smile and hear your laugh again. That time during the training exercise wasn’t enough to satiate his need.

B-Bomb walked out of the kitchen and into the foyer. He smiled your way. You nodded back at him, a way of saying hello without saying it at all.

“Oh, you’re here.” A voice came from the living room. Jaehyo pointed at you and then pointed to the kitchen, “There’s an extra bowl of soup in the fridge.” He lazily walked up the stairs, most likely heading towards his room.

You blinked a few times, surprised that he was actually being nice to you again, “Thank you.” You called after him, still dazed. You put your bag down by the door, next to everyone’s shoes, and made your way into the kitchen. U-Kwon followed you, his hands in his pockets as he yawned widely.

P.O was there, reading a magazine at the kitchen island. “I’m back.” You told him, who looked up and nodded in confirmation of your statement.

“Zico-Hyung was looking for you.” He said as soon as you opened the fridge. U-Kwon put his fingers to his lips in an attempt to shut P.O up, but he didn’t notice and continued anyway, “He said if you aren’t in the back training ring by seven then he’d skin you alive.” P.O looked back up, “At least I think that’s what he said. Or was it tear you to shreds with his knife?”

Your jaw dropped at the news. Your eyes traveled to the clock on the stove. It was only three minutes before seven. You quickly closed the fridge and sprinted out the backdoor near it. P.O looked away from his magazine and leaned back in his chair, looking at where you had just left from.

“You couldn’t just let her relax for a second?” U-Kwon scolded P.O.

“Well I don’t want Zico to come at me for not passing down the news. Who told her monthly lady business to decide to come today of all days?” P.O sighed.

U-Kwon shook his head as he stared at P.O from across the island, “Seriously, who taught you that?”

 

 

 

You arrived at the training ring after a moment of running for dear life. Zico was standing there nonchalantly. He looked you up and down with a raised eyebrow before looking to his phone that he held in his hand. “You’re late.” He showed you the time. You were two minutes late. What else could you do though? You had just ran here in five minutes, something that should have taken you more than ten.

You caught your breath as you glared at him in disbelief, "You can't really expect me to get here in less than three minutes."

He blinked a few times before his neutral face became one of slight suspicion, "So you got to the house just now?"

You realized what you had said only at this moment. You cursed at yourself for unnecessarily running your mouth.

Zico shoved his phone back into his jacket pocket, "I don't care what you were doing. Just know what will happen if you lie to me about it." It looked like he was going to let this one slide just this once.

You sighed inwardly, releasing your nerves that had gone tense due to his earlier question. He pulled something out from his other pocket now. It was a small black box. He held out his arm and waved it in front of you, "Come and try to take it from me." You eyed him for any tricks. He waved it around again, making you curious. You walked towards him and outstretched you hand over his. You bit down onto your tongue as you attempted to grab it.

He quickly closed his hand and moved it to the left. You looked up at him in anger before trying to get it again. The same thing happened. He even got this sly smile on his face due to your failure. You weren't training to learn Kung Fu or something so why in the world did you have to get the box out of his hand? This next time, you quickly reached out while taking a step forward.

You were an inch away from grabbing it, your fingertips lightly skimmed the surface of the small box, only to have it pulled from your reach. The step you had taken earlier had too much momentum, so you ended up stumbling forward. You were able to stop yourself from falling forward and immediately shot a look at Zico. That's when you saw his hand descending onto your head. You squinted your eyes in reflex but all you felt was a light tap on top of your head. Zico took a step back and nudged you to reach up with a tilt of his head. You reached onto the top of your head, finding the black box was there.

When you were holding it in your hands, inspecting it, Zico spoke up again, "Today is not a training day." You met eyes with him. If today wasn't a training day, then he was just messing with you a moment ago. You were a bit annoyed by it but for some reason the feeling didn't last long. But then, that left one question. What was the black box for?

"Open it." He gestured to the box. You placed your fingers around it and did as he said. You felt your entire world shut down. Your mind went completely blank. "Its a bracelet." He told you, as of it weren't already obvious. You delicately lifted it from the box and twirled it around slowly. It was a beautiful silver bracelet with a single charm on it. The charm was a small revolver gun. Sure, it was not the girliest of things, but by Zico standards, this was the last thing you expected. You couldn't help but gaze at it, completely lost in it.

"You should wear it tomorrow night."

You looked up at him, your eyes asking him what he meant.

"At the mayor's autumn bash."

----------

A/N:

There were more Block B moments to make you all love them more~ 

I apologize for the short chapter today. (Though it was posted earlier because I'm at home being lazy right now :) )

I want to take a moment to thank all my lovely subcribers. 61! Yay! And to my commenters of course who take the time to put down their thoughts on the story. I love all of your comments guys~

So don't forget to leave a comment below so I can love those as well!