CIV

Springfield

 

“Is something wrong?”

Sungyeol looked over to the male who asked him that question. It was the same boy who had been asking you about Calculus not so long ago. Ahn Daniel. Sungyeol couldn’t help the glare that formed on his face in reflex.

“Is Hyunjoo here?”

Daniel looked around, his friend Changhyun behind him shrugged. “She didn’t show up for homeroom. What’s going on?” Changhyun was referring to the way not only Sungyeol now but during every break period leading up to now, lunch break, either Sungjong, Dongwoo, Woohyun, or Hoya would peak into the classroom and look around before leaving.

Sungyeol contemplated trusting the two only for a moment before coming to a decision. “If you hear something or if she shows up, tell her to call me. Lee Sungyeol.” He pointed to himself and waited for a nod of acceptance from Daniel before leaving.

“I wonder what happened.” Changhyun voiced, causing Daniel to turn to him. Daniel returned to his desk, the desk in front of Changhyun’s, and sat down. “They’re all running around like chickens with their heads cut off.” Changhyun feigned a slice to his throat with his hand.

“Hyunjoo hasn’t shown up at school yet. I’m pretty sure that’s the sole reason they keep coming to the classroom. Last time I checked,” Daniel eyed his classmates who remained in the classroom, spotting various groups of girls all laughing to themselves in hushed tones as they whispered to each other, “there’s no one else here they would come to see. Don’t see why all the girls are getting all giggly.”

“I wonder what happened to her. Hyunjoo I mean.” Changhyun sighed and laid his cheek down onto his desk.

Daniel rose an eyebrow at him, “What? You’re worried about her? Do you like her or something?”

Changhyun peered up at Daniel and pouted, his childish facial features serving him well at this point in time, “No, I was going to ask her for Calculus help today. Now Mrs. Kim is going to nag at me for not doing my homework.”

Daniel tsked at him and knocked his forehead lightly. Changhyun stuck out his tongue, “Joking.” He sung in a high tone.

 

 

 

Sunggyu flipped through the magazine on the counter in front of him. Surprisingly, Snack N’ Go was busier at night than during the day. He had taken the day shift for the next week because his nights were when not only him but the rest of the pack could be active. With how empty the place was during the day, he was thinking about permanently switching to this time slot instead.

He sighed as he flipped the page of his magazine again. He had only taken this job because he felt bad for using his grandfather’s inheritance to buy things for himself. If it wasn’t for school or if it wasn’t for the pack, he would use his own money.

The automatic doors slid open and Sunggyu looked up immediately. A small voice inside of his head told him it might be you. You coming to him to explain why you didn’t show up last night. Why you weren’t at home this morning. He had that hope despite every person that entered not being you. He still had that hope it would be you. However, hat hope was dashed as he saw exactly who had walked in.

“Oppa, hello.” Yura greeted with a small wave. “I came to visit you during lunch break.” She laughed but Sunggyu did not smile. He looked back down at his magazine and flipped another page.

“Hello Sunggyu.” Another girl stepped from behind Yura, a grin on her face. Sunggyu straightened up at the sound of her voice. It was Woo Jihae. A girl who was in his music class his last year of high school. He remembered her because she was the second year who sat right next to him. Also because she would never stop pestering him about Hoya. “How’s Howon been lately?” And there it was again. The pestering continues.

Sunggyu sighed and flipped his magazine closed, “Hoya’s well. And no, he doesn’t talk about you.” Jihae pouted her lips as she stepped up to the counter, leaning over on it as she looked at him suspiciously.

“Eh, come on. Don’t be stingy with the details. We aren’t in the same classes this year so I don’t get to see him much.” She leaned forward more, batting her eyelashes in a way that made him back up.

“If you’re not going to buy something, please leave.” Sunggyu’s upper lip twitched as he muttered out the last part of his sentence. He didn't like Jihae. The reason? She didn't smell quite right. Putting it simply, her smell repulsed him. It irritated him to have to be near her.

Jihae blinked a few times before backing away from the counter. She snarled at him, “Grumpy as always I see.” She turned to Yura behind her and shook her head disapprovingly, “I feel bad for your girlfriend.”

“How I treat her and how I treat you isn’t even comparable.” Sunggyu snapped back. He knew she was talking about you. His words had thus come out without him thinking twice about them.

“I get it, you love her. Don’t get all uppity about it.” Jihae glared as she her heel, walking down the nearest aisle.

Sunggyu felt all of the blood rush up to his face. He was practically fuming. “If you’re not going to buy something then get out.” He yelled at her from behind the counter. He didn’t know why, but he felt caught. Caught doing what? He couldn’t figure it out.

Jihae her heel and mocked him with overly exaggerated facial expressions before speaking, “What do you think I’m doing now? Don’t blow a casket.” She murmured her last sentence as she grabbed the nearest bag of candy and started walking to the back of the store, inspecting the ice cream section.

Yura slowly approached Sunggyu who had closed his eyes and was currently breathing out as he got rid of his frustrations. “Oppa,” she called softly yet his eyes didn’t open, “I’m sorry.” She was saying sorry for bringing Jihae along. She knew the two never liked each other.

Jihae wasn’t exactly all flowers and sunshine but she kept on insisting and honestly, Yura needed someone else there to start conversation because she didn’t have the confidence to. “But, can you tell me where choco pies are.” She didn’t have it in her in the end. So, she made up an excuse for her apology.

Sunggyu pointed to an aisle diagonal from her without opening his eyes and she nodded. “Thank you, Oppa.” As she turned, her heart sank. This wasn’t turning out how she wanted it to.

“Wait.”

He called and she stopped in her tracks, turning with a wide smile on her face. “Yes?” She asked, her voice a bit too high pitched. She was acting like how Sojin did when she was around Sungyeol. All girly and nervous. Despite how different Sojin was from herself, the two girls had found that the other reacted to their own crush in the same way.

“Have you heard anything about Hyunjoo at school? I haven’t heard from her since yesterday.”

Yura’s smile faded away in an instant. What was she thinking? Getting all worked up when she knew that Sunggyu already had a girlfriend. Still, she liked him. She liked him a lot. Since she did, she wasn’t going to lie to him, no matter how much she hated you at this moment.

“Hyunjoo and Minah went out for coffee together after school yesterday. That’s what Minah told me anyway. That’s all I’ve heard.”

Little did Yura know that a click had gone off in Sunggyu’s head.

“Of course.” He said out loud in reply, an answer that puzzled Yura.

 

 

 

"What's wrong?"

Minah gazed up at the person that now blocked her way out of the classroom. She met eyes with a not so happy looking Sungjong. He glared down at her and she had not an inkling why he would. She moved to the left to walk past him and he blocked her way. She threw him a glance before moving to the right and once more, he stepped in front of her.

"What's with you?" She stomped her foot into the ground as she narrowed her eyes at him, "Get out of the way." She tried to push him only to discover it was like trying to push a brick wall. She looked back up at Sungjong, a frown permanent on her face. She never liked Sungjong. She had a feeling he felt exactly the same. Since Sungjong was a first year however, she didn't have to deal with him much and he never approached Myungsoo because he was too busy spending time with you.

So it was odd. Why had he suddenly decided to show up and drill holes into her head with his stare?

"What do you want?" She asked, her tone of voice far from what she'd ever be caught dead talking to Myungsoo with.

"You know," Sungjong spoke up and Minah flinched back at the ferocity those simple two words had, "I didn't mind the rumors you spread. I didn't mind your two faced self hanging all over Hyung. I tolerated it when you pulled this the first time but you did it again and I don't give second chances."

Minah stood in front of him, her lips parted in confusion.

"And you're acting like you don't know what you did. Grandpa told me to never hit a girl. But you know, I think I can make an exception." Sungjong took a step forward, disregarding Sunggyu's grandfather's words. Minah backed up and for some reason, she was scared. She was deathly scared at what this girly looking boy could do to her. He took another step forward and the look in his eyes made her scream as she ducked, expecting Sungjong's vengeance to rain down upon her.

Yet, she felt nothing. No pain. Nothing. She opened up one of her squinted eyes to peak up at Sungjong. He wasn't there anymore. Instead, he was replaced with frantic looking Hoya who was pushing him away from her, a battle of strength that Hoya was ultimately winning despite Sungjong putting up quite the fight.

"Let go of me!" Sungjong yelled, his eyes glued to Minah. He was like a bull who saw red.

"Calm yourself." Hoya urged the struggling Sungjong. People who were left in the classroom now started to whisper to each other about the scene they were witnessing. Among them were Daniel and Changhyun who approached and attempted to help Hoya keep Sungjong back. Hoya warded them off, "I can handle it. Don't help." He urged them as he succeeded in getting control of Sungjong.

As he was pushing Sungjong out of the classroom however, someone came into the classroom from behind him. He cursed as he realized who it was.

"You better have a damn good explanation because at this point I've stopped thinking straight." Sungyeol growled, his proximity from Minah made her back up. Hoya looked from between Sungyeol and Sungjong and honestly had no idea who could deal more damage. The enraged Sungjong or the careless Sungyeol.

"I got this."

Hoya looked towards the voice to find Dongwoo standing behind Sungjong, a firm grip on the younger boy's body, stopping him from moving but not stopping him from yelling an egregious amount of cuss words towards Minah. The other werewolves' knew he could get like this but to those watching the situation right now, the sight was jaw dropping.

Hoya departed from Sungjong, trusting him in Dongwoo's care, and pulled Sungyeol back before he could corner Minah with a look that told her he was going to bite her head off right then and there.

"What the hell did you do to Hyunjoo?" Sungyeol yelled as he was yanked away from her, causing all of the students in the classroom to become dead quiet. All eyes looked at her, waiting for her answer.

She shook her head no, denying anything to do with it, "I didn't do anything." She muttered, her voice reduced to a small squeak as she felt her body shake to the core with fear. "I didn't." She said again, tears b over the walls of her eyes. She had no one to support her as her friends had all had other plans after school. She felt alone and thus was even more terrified of what was going to happen to her.

"Get out."

Once more, the attention of those in the room shifted. Sungjong's curses faded into the silence as both he and Sungyeol started to relax.

"Everyone, get out." 

Woohyun voiced more specifically. Like a tidal wave, the rest of the students in the class all flowed out of the room through the other door like their lives depended on it. The only one who threw on last glance at the five boys and Minah was Changhyun. Daniel, knowing better than to get in the way of what was happening, pulled him out forcibly.

"Creating scenes really isn't our thing." Woohyun said sheepishly as he got closer to Minah. "We don't like to create rumors." He eyed her. He had gone into this telling himself he wouldn't get hostile with her, especially since the commotion this was causing was bound to attract the attention of a teacher sooner rather than later. No matter how much he wanted to. No matter how much he wanted to curse at Minah as Sungjong had or scare the wits out of her with threats as Sungyeol had, he knew he had to keep level headed.

Dongwoo and Hoya were managing to. He knew the two of them must have been going crazy on the inside after the call from Sunggyu earlier just like he was. He didn't need to see it on their faces because he heard it in their rapid heartbeats. The kind of pick up that usually occurred right before they shifted. He kept down the sound of his own from blocking his rational thinking mind.

He calmed himself again as he once more addressed the trembling Minah in front of him.

"We know you were with Hyunjoo yesterday at the cafe near the school. We also found her car still parked there. We just came to make sure this wasn't a repeat of what happened at the Founder's Day party."

Minah's eyes widened and for the first time since Sungjong had blocked her way, she understood what this was about. Her father. This was about what her father had done with Hyunjoo. What was she supposed to say now? Because honestly, she had no idea.

-------

A/N:

Sungjong got violent, Sungyeol got scary, do you all want to even imagine how Sunggyu is right now? Also, looks like Niel (Daniel) and Ricky (Changhyun) showed up in this chapter again! Go Teen Top! Following last week's updates there's now an Infnite centered chapter! Go Infinite! Finally focusing back on them after last weeks chapter had Hyunjoo hanging over her death though makes me think this wasn't the thing you all wanted to see~

 

 

I said I wouldn't troll. Just call it teasing~

Go Block B! Patiently waiting for your comeback!