Little Slap on the Face

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “Kim Junhee!” Few girls called me out as I made my way out of the school gate. I looked at them and they seemed unfamiliar to me. One of them walked ahead and the other folllowed. “Are you Kim Junhee?”

 

“Yes? Is there something wrong?” I asked – not showing them but I'm kinda scared of how they approached me.

 

“SHINee Jonghyun oppa's cousin?” She asked.

 

Oh no... don't tell me.

 

I nodded. “Is there any problem?”

 

“Yes.” The girl moved closer to me and I moved a little bit backwards. “You.” She smirked and looked at me from head to toe. “So tell me... why does Onew oppa have a very crappy taste when it comes to girls?”

 

“Excuse me?” I said. Honestly speaking? I don't think I look crappy today. Since it's the school's foundation day, so I purposedly dressed up nicely.

 

“We understand that you're close to Jonghyun oppa but please leave Onew oppa alone.” The leader told me with her eyebrows almost separating from her face. “I don't care if he likes you, please stay away if you don't want any trouble.”

 

I didn't answer, I just nodded and started walking away.


“Yah!” The girl shouted and grabbed me by my shoulder when I turned away. “Don't you ever turn your back when someone's talking to you!”

 

“I'm not doing something to you, please let go of me.” I said calmly. If I wasn't in front of the school then I already shouted and answered these girls back.

 

“What? You think highly of yourself? You won't talk to me because you think you're better than us? Stop dreaming!” She was about to slap my face when...

 

“What is happening?!” The guard walked towards us to check. “Is there something wrong here, ladies?” He asked those girls and they shook their heads.

 

That was the perfect time for me to get away and leave those girls who can't do anything right. Why do they have to bother me? They should've gone to their Onew oppa and rant about how he is such a flirt. I am not involved with their problem about him.

 

Oh right. I should just be the one going there to confront Onew ssi. It's not fair that only I will suffer in this kind of situation. Yes, this is the first time, but who knows probably these girls will follow me in my own house.

 

I took my phone and dialed oppa's number. “Where are you, oppa? Are you with the rest of SHINee?” I asked straightly and Oppa said they were at their dorm and will leave at around 5 pm. I still have the time to go there and talk to that person.

 

*** ***

 

“Oh? Junhee-ah? You didn't tell me you're coming over.” Jonghyun oppa said when he opened the door for me.

 

“Where's Lee Jinki-ssi?” I asked, purposely using his real name to emphasize my need to talk to him. Oppa looked at me weirdly and frowned.

 

“Why do you have to talk to him?”

 

“I just need to say something.” I said and he finally opened the door wider enough for me. I went inside while oppa called Onew ssi.

 

Few minutes later, Onew ssi came out of his room.

 

“You can tell your fans to stop bothering me.” I stood up and faced him seriously and with all courage. He might be older than me but that doesn't mean I can't talk back like that. He's the one at fault in this so it's just fair for him to be treated like that.

 

I will.. never.. ever... allow other people to ruin my day just like what happened a while ago.

 

Onew ssi frowned at me, “What? What did I do?”

 

“Rather... what your fans did.” I emphasized the word your. “This is all your fault Lee Jinki. What supposed to be a clearing statement from SM became a way for them to really think I'm dating you, which is really far from reality because I don't like you.”

 

“Ha?” Onew ssi was dumbfounded after hearing the huge rejection coming out of my mouth.

 

“And you don't have the right, really, to use my name, to cover your messy attitude. They all hate me because you act so pure in front of them. Were you reading some comments from your fanboard? They said I'm so rude of fighting with you outside that coffee shop and it pretty showed just how fragile you can be that even a highschooler can hurt you like that. This is so irrational.”

 

“Wait, highschooler, watch your word, I'm much older than you!” Onew ssi said and even pointed a finger on me.

 

I slap his hand and it flew back to his side.

 

“Don't you dare point a finger on me, my parents don't even do that!” I shouted across the room. I noticed how the other four members stopped and looked at the chaos in front of them. Even Jonghyun oppa couldn't talk.

 

“I can tolerate inappropriate remarks but not when those stupid fans go to me and tell me to distance myself to you or to anybody! They don't have the right to do that coz they are never feeding me! And you, too, don't have the right to dictate what am I going to do with my life. In the very first place, you should've just told them what was real... and it was your responsibility and your call if ever Park Chorong enjoys the fact that you, two, are dating. Because technically? That's the reality. And it was not actually my fault if I happened to be there and accused you of stealing my cousin's girlfriend. That was a natural reaction coming from me... and you can't help me think that way because you have always given me the impression that you are someone who can steal his friend's girlfriend!”

 

I crossed my arms and looked at him mockingly, “So Lee Jinki... if you don't want me to make a statement putting Park Chorong's name with you... then you can calm your stupid fans and tell them not to bother me.”

 

His jaw was dropping, and so as the other members, I looked at him again, “And please don't expect me to laugh because I'm not joking and all things I said were real. I'm not like you who just randomly throws pranks and jokes to people who actually think they are in a serious situation.” I said, flipping my hair, and going out of the dorm without even looking at anyone of them.

 

I breathed the moment I left the dorm. I went there and confronted Lee Jinki, and as I remembered... the only thing that he was able to say was not to talk to him like that because he's older and stuff like that.

 

Generally... it was me saying all the things that made me angry today. I shouted at him... and I think I talked in a very disrespectful manner. Yes, I even told him it was just right to talk to him that way because he's too much.

 

Oh my... now that I am recalling the things that I said... wasn't I too much? Or... is it really what he deserves? Did I over react on some manners? Was I being unreasonable?

 

But whether or not I'm correct with what I did... I don't think I can take them back. I've already said all of it... and there's no point regretting.

 

Sigh... Nevermind, Kim Junhee. You don't like him anyways, and for sure you're not affected with however he may look at you from now on.

 

But Oppa's impression of me is important.. so I reached my phone and send him a message.

 

Oppa... I'm sorry I had to that in front of you.”

 

Not long ago after I sent the message, I received his reply.

 

You were cool just now, Junhee-ah. It's okay. Onew hyung needs a bit of slap on the face sometimes... but don't do that again, okay? Once is enough. Oppa will handle him the next time he does something wrong.”

 

I sighed. At least Jonghyun oppa understands.


// the grudge Jun Hee holds... lol. Let's see what happens next. XD