Dinner Date

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “Just tell me where it is and I'll go there by bus.” I insisted when Jonghyun-oppa told me I'm going with them in the van as we head to the restaurant. Of course, it will be favorable to ride with them but... no, thanks.

 

“Don't be so stubborn. Come on.” He said. He was already inside the van and just waiting for me to be in. I shook me head, when suddenly, a pair of hands pushed me and I was forced to get inside.

 

“Yah!” I shouted and looked behind me to see who that person is.

 

And who else to expect but the pretty nice leader, Onew-ssi. The one I never call oppa within the SHINee members.

 

“Why did you do that?” I told him and he only shrugged his head and entered the van, sitting right next to me, squeezing himself inside. “I said I'll just get there by bus.” I insisted and tried to escape.

 

“If you keep on arguing then we won't be able to make it on time. Can you please stop shouting? Jonghyun-ah, control that highschooler.” He said and immediately put his earphones on and just paid attention to his phone.

 

“These two...” Jonghyun-oppa shook his head and just look outside the window.

 

I couldn't do anything but sit there and tried ignoring the person sitting next to me. It's fine to be with him anyways, I just don't like it when he talks to me and I keep on realizing he's way too different than the Onew people know on TV.

 

“So, Junhee...” Minho-oppa, who was sitting next to the driver, looked at me. “Are we going to be there on your graduation day? It's 2 months from now, as what you said earlier!” He uttered.

 

“Oh... yes, if you want to be there then.. sure.” I said. “But... what if the graduation became chaotic because of your presence?”

 

The four oppas laughed when they heard what I said. “Aww... Our Junhee is worrying about her graduation.” Key oppa said.

 

“I'm worried because you might overshadow the graduates. Like... hello? We're supposed to be the ones in spotlight during that day!” I said and they laughed again.

 

“Okay. We'll just go to your house and you should give us a lot of food for the celebration!” Taemin-oppa said cheerfully.

 

Maybe, Onew ssi noticed we were having fun talking so he took out his earphones and looked at us. “What were you talking about?”

 

“Junhee's graduation day, hyung. We're invited!” Taemin-oppa answered.

 

“Oh yeah? Wow. That's great. You should prepare a lot of foods, Junhee-ah.” He chuckled and I tried to smile. I don't know but I think my smile turn out to be really fake.

 

I'm sorry, Onew-ssi, but I think I'm not as good as you in forcing a smile and still looks nice and natural. Hmp!

 

*** ***

 

“So how's Kim Jiwon?” Onew ssi asked in the middle of our dinner together. The other four looked at him for a while, and then they smiled.

 

“We're going to see each other a bit tomorrow.” Jonghyun oppa replied and his smile cannot be hidden. “I feel sorry for not always meeting her because of our schedule.” He said.

 

“Until when are you going to date her?” Onew ssi asked. Isn't that a weird question? Asking your friend about how long he will gonna date his girl? Why? I mean... why does this kind of question be asked?

 

Jonghyun-oppa frowned, “Well.. I can't tell but... I'm taking her seriously, hyung.” He said and really, his expression became serious.


“Serious. Ha.” Onew ssi smirked. “Well, I hope you last.” He shrugged his and took another bite of meat. I looked at Jonghyun-oppa. He was not worried at all.

 

Well, why does he need to be worried anyways? But... the way Onew ssi said those things feels like he was up to something.

 

No. No. Maybe I was just over thinking. Onew ssi might be mean and naughty and very pretentious and all... but he won't go to the extent of hurting his friend's feelings.

 

Nevermind. He might be someone unlikeable in real life but there's still some kindness in him.

 

“Are you going to text Park Chorong, hyung?” Minho-oppa asked after a while. The latter shrugged his shoulders again and smirked. “Give her to me if you're not interesting.”

 

My eyes grew a bit bigger when I heard Minho-oppa said. Yes, he's naturally into girls, I know that... but... is it natural for SHINee to pass girls with each others? I mean... wow.

 

“Yah. Choi Minho. Don't you dare. I'm still thinking about it.” Onew ssi said. “She looks cute and sweet.”

 

“But you like mature and independent women. You know I like cute girls.” Minho oppa said.

 

Am I really supposed to hear this kind of conversation between men?

 

“But I'm the one she likes, Choi Minho.” He lifted his index finger and made a no-no gesture towards Minho. “You can't touch what's mine unless I let go of it.”

 

Minho oppa chuckled and nodded. “Fine, but if you don't find her interesting then give her to me.”

 

Onew ssi nodded – as if it was just a normal conversation between the two. Sigh... guys these days. Why do they treat girls as if they are just things? Like something that you can give away in case you feel sick of it?

 

Well... I can't pity that Park Chorong so much... after all, she was the one who was actually offering herself to Onew-ssi.

 

Aish. Stop, Kim Junhee. Why are you caring so much for these guys?

 

“I'm full!” Taemin oppa said happily and even rubbed his tummy. “I've eaten so much, thank you for the food!” He said.

 

“Let's go?” Onew ssi stood up and made some stretch up. “Come on, I wanna have some drink!” He said lively and then I heard him laugh.

 

Jonghyun oppa stood up, “I'll just bring Junhee home since she can't go with us in the club.”

 

“Oh. Isn't she already 18?” Onew ssi looked at me suspiciously. “Aaii ~ For sure she goes out on clubs with her friends. I know that. We've been there.” He said.

 

“I've never been into club.” I answered back. That's the truth. I don't go on clubs because it's not my thing – or can be my thing, but... i'm not interested at the moment. “Come on, oppa. Just drop me on the bus stop and you can follow them in the club.” I said to oppa, completely disregarding the possibility that Onew ssi will answer me back again.

 

“Okay.” He said and took his things. “I'll go there later.”

 

After saying goodbye to the managers, the coordi unnis, and the other members, Jonghyun oppa and I went out together and decided to take oppa's car.

 

“You should visit me often, Junhee-ah. You know Oppa can't come see you all the time so you need to adjust.” He said while driving. I pouted.

 

“No need. Someone else can be oppa's company now that he has a girlfriend.” I said, trying to act like I'm sulking. Jonghyun oppa chuckled and looked at me.

 

“Yah ~ Junhee-ah... why are you acting like this? You haven't seen us together and you're already like that?”

 

“Nah.. I'm just joking.” I told him. “I'm happy oppa's finally with someone. I hope she treats you well... and you, too.”

 

“I like her... a lot.” He said and sighed. “Not that she's so beautiful. She's also sweet and caring. She understands very well how difficult it is to be an idol, and since she's an actress, I know she knows what this business is all about.”

 

“Don't ever do what Onew ssi and Minho oppa are doing. Don't play with girls heart.” I said to which oppa laughed again.

 

“You really hate Onew-hyung, don't you?” He said.

 

“Not really but... I just don't like him. He's so mean.”

 

“He's not mean, Junhee-ah.” Jonghyun oppa said. As usual, he always defends their leader. “He's just naturally playful and... you know, he himself always says that Onew on stage is different with Jinki in real life so... you can't really expect him to be perfect.”

 

“I don't know... I just don't like him so... ugh, oppa. Let's not mind him, can we?”

 

“Okay... but next time you meet Onew hyung, you need to treat him nicely, okay?”

 

I didn't nod, “As long as he treats me nicely, then.. I'll think about it.” I answered back.

 

“And... you should start calling him oppa just as how you call Key, Minho and Taemin oppa.” He added. I shook my head.

 

“Please.. spare him the word oppa. I will never call him that.” I flinched when I remember something, “But is it true he only dates mature and independent woman? So.. probably older than him? He likes noona?”

 

Jonghyun oppa chuckled, “Why? Don't tell me you like him... and you're disappointed that he's not interested to someone younger.”

 

“Of course not!” I immediately disagreed.

 

I don't like him, okay. I just find it weird... well. Fine. Maybe he likes to have someone that will take care of him..

 

Brr.. Jinki and his selfish attitude.