Saying I like you, too

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Kim Junhee POV ***

 

I like you! I like you! I like you, okay?!

 

It echoed in my head no matter how hard I tried to ignore and forget about it. Is it really true? Does he, Lee Jinki, SHINee Onew, like me for real?

 

Junhee-ssi, are you okay?” The staff unni asked me while I sat there silently without any conversation with the camera.

 

Meanwhile, Onew sunbae is with the members having a meeting with the managers and their coordi noonas. He wasn't talking to me after that argument inside the van.

 

Junhee ssi?” Staff unni asked again.

 

Oh.. I'm fine.” I really am not, and I wish to go for now. What should I do?

 

Few minutes later, I looked at the staff unni and she looked back. “Unni...” I whispered and leaned in forward to her. “I'm having stomach cramps.”

 

She looked at me worriedly. “Oh my... why didn't you tell me as early as possible?”

 

I smiled awkwardly – trying hard to keep myself in pain. “Aaw.” I held unni's hand and gripped firmly on it. She rubbed my back.

 

Do you want to go home? We can stop recording for now since I'm afraid you won't be able to walk properly later.”

 

Can we?” I said in a weak voice. She nodded and helped me up.

 

Onew-ssi!”

 

Oh, unni. You don't have to call him! Onew sunbae looked at us and I saw unni pointing at me. “She'll leave for now.” He frowned and I excused himself before walking over to us – almost running.

 

She's not feeling well, Onew ssi... so we'll continue the stream without her.”


“Oh.” Onew sunbae didn't say a thing and just look at me. He might probably be examining if I'm saying the truth or not.

 

Trying to act out better, I held my tummy firmly and frowned a bit. Onew ssi just shrugged his shoulders. “Sure. That's not a problem.” He said and ran back to s.

 

Stupid, Lee Jinki! You don't care that much about me, do you?! What now?! I thought you like me?!

 

Should we take you home?”

 

Ah, no,unni. I'm okay, I can take the cab upon going home. Don't worry.” I said and started walking away. Good enough, I was able to get myself a cab quickly.

 

Seoli... Minyoung...

 

*** *** *** ***

 

Hmm.. something's weird.” Seoli looked at me and then to Minyoung. “You called us and it seemed something important, and now you're not talking. What about?”

 

I looked at both of them. Should I say it? Should I not? What should I do?

 

Come on...” Minyoung said impatiently as she patted the table.

 

We were at Minyoung's house that afternoon. I called the two as soon as I got into the cab and asked the driver to drop me around Minyoung's residence. Seoli came few minutes after I arrived.

 

AAHHH!!” I hit the table with my palms and screamed loudly. The two were surprised and speechless about what I did – but still, they waited for my next action. “I really don't know what to do, ugh! This is all his fault!!! Ugh!” I screamed.

 

Who??!” The asked in chorus.

 

I paused for a while and looked at them again. This is it... “Lee Jin-”

 

-AHH!!SKFSGDHDLGJHYMFGSJZDBVIDFHMFLHJPODXIFVJSZ!!!!!!!!!!!SJGDRSHGKSMDF!!” The two immediately screamed with expression I couldn't understand. They held each other's hands and were really spazzing with each other.

 

YAH!” I shouted. How I wish auntie won't be bothered about how noisy we are inside Minyoung's room.

 

Oh. Alright. Alright.” Seoli said and they calmed themselves together. “Okay, we're gonna listen. Start the story!” They leaned forward as if waiting for their favorite drama to air on television.

 

It's... like this.” From the time of graduation day until this morning, I told them everything – not missing anything – and trying to be as objective as possible.

 

After around 30 minutes, I was done talking. I looked at them and they didn't say a thing. “What? Are you just gonna drop your jaw like that?”

 

You didn't end the story.” Seoli said. “He said he likes you repeating it three times while shouting.. and then what did you say?”

 

Thank You.”

 

WHAT?!! Yah! Kim Junhee!” Minyoung reached for my hair and pulled them twice. “You are so crazy!! What did you do?!!” She screamed in irritation.

 

I like you... and then Thank You?!!! What the hell?!” Seoli now hit my forehead.

 

Aw! That hurts! Can you stop that! Both of you!” I said and held into my forehead rubbing it gently.

 

You made Onew oppa feel worse.” Seoli said and both of them became serious. “Like... I know for sure that he was expecting and I like you, too but you pretty dumb girl giving her Thank You as an answer. Come on, just eat your Thank You.

 

I like you isn't a question for me to answer back.” I said firmly. “If someone said they like you wouldn't you feel thankful?”

 

AH! I can't understand why you are so dumb and stupid about this thing!”

 

And besides, we don't even know if Onew sunbae's saying the truth or not?! Who knows he might probably be joking again?! Remember, he did that to me twice!”

 

He likes you. That's for real. Do you think Onew oppa is rude enough to repeat the same sensitive joke over and over again? For sure after that joke he made, Jonghyun oppa sure told him not to do it again.”

 

But me?” I looked at them in disbelief. “You really think Lee Jinki will like me?”

 

And why not?” Seoli answered. “You're beautiful, intelligent, talented, not to mention you have such strong personality. Any guys would surely fall for you.”

 

If we weren't in some situation like this, then I must say I was flattered. Haha.

 

Tell us honestly... do you like him?”

 

I didn't answer.

 

You like him, pabo.” Minyoung told me. “You won't take too long to answer if you don't. Come on, can you try assessing yourself even more? You obviously Jinki oppa. If not, then you wouldn't be much affected with him saying he likes you.. you would rather just laugh it off. You like him, and you probably feel that he likes you, too.”

 

It's just that...” Seoli continued. “You knew Onew oppa to be the naughty playboy weird group leader who you always describe to us negatively. He has established a not so good image to you that's why your mind can't accept the fact that he can be someone likeable, and unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, you have fallen for him already.”

 

I.. I have fallen for him?

 

You're shielding yourself with the pain that you might probably feel in the future. Kim Junhee... you can't always run away to all the pain. However you may want to avoid it, pain and heartaches will always come running after you.”

 

What's important is you learn from those heartaches, and they make you stronger, and give you more courage, and make you realize you get over a lot of them.”

 

Minyoung held my hand, “How can you be happy if you always guard yourself? Just loosen up a bit, Kim Junhee...”

 

Suddenly, umma's words came to my mind...

 

That my Junhee is still young, and she hasn't experience so much when it comes to these things... so I don't want her to be afraid of anything... I don't want her to resist happiness if there is... and I don't want her to hide the pain when she starts feeling it.”

 

I have never experienced this kind of thing really, and I don't know why do I have to experience it first with this person. I mean... come on... but...

 

He probably thinks I'm stubborn, stupid, and dumb for turning him down again.”

 

Yes.” Both of them nodded and even agreed about it. “But... he likes you, and as long as he still does then... all you need to do is to admit that you like him, too.”


“Admit?!” No way!!

 

Minyoung and Seoli shrugged their shoulders. “Onew oppa did his part, if you really want to start something romantic with him... then, it's your turn to confess.”

 

How can I do that?!” I looked at them cluelessly with millions of questions marks hanging on my mind.

 

The two shrugged their shoulders.

 

That's how you use I like you, too … to save you from the effort of letting the person know that you like him as well.”


// That's it guys, give me a lot of comments and that really makes me want to update more and more and more and more ~ Oh.. 12:08am here in the Philippines, if I woke up around 3 am again, I might just probably make another update. LOL.