The End

Note to Self: Don't Fall

//Ugh. Finally.


***Lee Jinki POV***

 

 

Junhee didn't know about the celebration intended for her. As soon as the awarding ceremony ended, we were immediately asked to get to the venue to surprise her along with the other SM artists.


 

I saw her speech and it was so wonderful.” BoA noona commented as we waited for her to arrive. While they were still gathering all the important people, they asked Junhee to make a fake interview which she thought was real. She was just on the upper floor doing that interview while we all gathered here to surprise her. “I'm jealous that she became the president's favorite but I can't blame him. If I were someone who handles her for sure I'll just give her everything she wanted.”


 

No, actually, noona.. you didn't know what she gave up before she could get there... so she wasn't actually that spoiled. LSM probably was just guilty of what he did so he decided to give her everything.


 

It was a great thing that she never forgets about her fans. They were also very supportive as well. It runs with the blood. SHINee World is very supportive as well.” Yunho hyung uttered. “There was this saying that Seudis are Shawols' babies.”


 

Seudis are every fandom's babies. Because she came from SM so it felt like all the fandom joint forces to support her.” I corrected. “After all, she isn't an idol or something like that so there was no competition between fandom involved.”


 

Guys. She's coming.” Her manager entered and announced. Everybody was complete. Her parents, the heads of SM, the labelmates, and her co trainees before who only debuted around 2 months ago. And yes, they were still not as big as Junhee. Not even half of who she is right now.


 

The lights went off. We couldn't even see each other. Then the door opens. We see a figure of a girl in a cocktail dress entering the huge door of the events hall. “I think we entered the wrong room.” Junhee commented and we heard it because there was actually boom mic just right above her. “Oh gosh it echoed, come on a ghost might appear here.”


 

Her funny remarks made some people laughed so the lights immediately opened and she couldn't hide her surprised expression when she saw all of us gathered to congratulate her. The OST of her drama featuring our voices played in the background and it was so loud. She looked around – still flustered and surprised. Her parents approached her immediately and they cried while hugging her.


 

You made it. You made it, my dear. We're so happy for you.”


 

What makes this special is because of the fact that she skyrocketed her success. First, she didn't audition to become a trainee. 2Nd, she was immediately scheduled for debut after few months of training under the original mentors. 3Rd, few months left till their original debut, she was casted for a special drama appearance. 4Th, immediately, without any doubt from anyone, a major acting role was given. 5Th, she was definitely a newbie, but her drama beated all the other dramas which lead stars are obviously veteran compared to her.


 

Seeing how she obviously did her best, it was heartwarming. I felt my eyes wetting, but I wiped them all away. I don't need to cry right now. Maybe later.


 

Others immediately congratulated her. They went one by one to hug and to tell her she did great. Soon, the manager told us to come and greet her – whispering that it will be aired on news.


 

Surely, SM won't do this without any benefits.


 

Jonghyun hugged her, and told a lot of things about how he's proud of her – while crying. Key hugged her, too. Minho hugged her, and Taemin hugged her, too. Lastly, she went to me. “Aren't you gonna hug me?” She said. I noticed how swollen her eyes were. She was crying too much since she got the award. Slowly, I leaned to hug her – like friend congratulating his close friend during graduation.


 

She then pulled back – stared at me for a while and smiled – mysteriously – as if it was blank. “Pabo.” She uttered and started walking away to meet the president and the others.


 

Pabo?” Jonghyun repeated while frowning.


 

Probably means.. look at me, idiot. I'm the one you left before.” Key said and when he noticed the sullen expression on my face, he stopped joking.


 

If Kim Junhee ssi could go to the stage to say her winning speech for the rest of us.” The MC said getting Junhee's attention. She smiled and went to the stage – gathering everybody's attention. She was holding her trophy as she went onstage.


 

I didn't know what to do upon receiving this surprise event but I really want to thank all of you for being here.” She said. “I won't cry because I need to say all these things clearly. First, I want to thank you for being there for me. All of you, i've mentioned during my speech. If you weren't able to watch, there's always a repeat in the internet.” To what she said, everybody laughed.


 

And, I want to apologize for those who have lifted an eyebrow when it seemed like I took away a spotlight to some of you. I never really intended it to happen. I'm really sorry and I hope you will understand. I'm sorry if you were disappointed in some point, and as I grow more, I promise to be better in whatever I do.”


 

I didn't know if I was just dreaming, but it seemed like she paused just to look at me after that paragraph. I was looking at her, though, but I have a very bad eyesight to know if she was really looking at me or not.


 

And thank you for giving me this event. This is like the perfect timing to do this.” She said and everybody became curious again. “This trophy, like what I said a while ago in my speech, is for our dear President Lee Sooman.” She looked at the president and the president nodded, like a father who is proud of her successful daughter. “There were things I probably would never understand at first, but now I get them all. Thank you for dealing with me during those hard times that I was being so stubborn and not listening.”


 

This will hurt me... hearing words like... she learned well, that mistakes made her grow, that she figured out what hurt her before can actually make her stronger. This hurts me – that she's practically saying she's happier without me, and it's better without me.


 

I'll go out for a while.” I whispered to my members and started walking away.


 

I don't think it's right to just leave when someone else is talking, especially when the event is actually for her.” I stopped when I heard her say those words.


 

I'd rather go out than listen to you. Stop making me regret all the things I did, coz I'm not regretting any of them.


 

Though she said it with microphone and everybody inside the hall knew who she was talking about, I still continued walking.


 

Please close the door.” She said with authority.


 

What the hell do you want?!!” I shouted as I irritatingly faced her. Yeah, I obviously created a scene in front of everyone but who cares? She was the one who actually wanted me to burst out like this. “Don't make me regret letting you go coz I'm not regretting any of it!” I told her.


 

I'm not making you regret it. In fact, I am thanking you for doing it.”


 

I sighed. This girl really made my suffer.


 

President.” She called out. “This trophy is for you, but in return, can I get back something which I know I deserve more?” There was a long pause, and some noise from the people who were whispering with each other.

 

“It's that person.” She pointed at me. With her cocktail dress and the trophy in her hand, she went downstairs and went towards the president, handling him the trophy. The president looked so surprised.


 

I've signed the next contract for my next drama, and an agreement that I will have my own album, and I already signed 4 endorsements from different company. I'm only getting back what you kept away when I haven't proved anything. Now that I have that, I can get him back, and if you decided to terminate me, then you'll need to answer to those projects.” After that, she looked at me, and ran.


 

As she came closer, her expression are starting to get readable. She's smiling like she missed me and happy to be back.


 

Pabo-oppa.” She chuckled. “Thank you for doing that. You made me grow into the person I didn't expect I would be, and the bonus thing is... you just basically showed how you love me. Before, I thought you will never love someone like me, but looking at you right now. I think you love me so much.”


 

Stop playing with me.” I told her. Man, I was badly controlling my tears. Is this true? Is this really true that she's this close to me again?


 

Look who's doubting? Now I see why you were irritated when I was so dense not believing about how you feel. Oppa, do you know you looked so fragile right now? It's like when I hug you and kiss you in front of everybody right here, you will just start to cry hard.”


 

I... I won't. I wo-”


 

I wasn't able to continue what I was saying when she pulled my necktie downwards making my head fall over. She reached for my neck and my lips landed on hers. I felt her smiling when our lips were still with each other. Then she let go, pulled me again for a hug.


 

And she was right, the moment she did it, tears immediately fell down my face. I couldn't control it. If it wasn't because of her body, my knees might have probably got a lot weaker and I might have just fallen down. I felt that connection. I felt that attraction, and for the long time that I longed for this thing, suddenly, it felt like I really went back to where I belong. I hugged her back, my shoulders were starting to shaking.


 

It's funny how I can read you so well now, but you can't still read me at times.” She told me while hugging me so tight – not caring about all the eyes that were staring.


 

You played with my feelings.”


 

Because you hurt me.” She whispered. “I was so hurt, but after thinking deeply about what you said during that night when we were in the bedroom, I realized that you love me so much and that you will never leave me, and everything, all of these, are really just because of me.”


 

You acted like you didn't love me anymore.”


 

I only acted like I don't care, not that I don't love you anymore.” She chuckled. “It was you who concluded it because I started to go easy on you. That was funny, coz it seemed like the world has turned upside down and I overpowered you.”


 

You were always overpowering me, little girl.” I told her to which she chuckled – still hugging me. “But please stop making yourself unreadable. You make me go crazy.”


 

Aigoo~” She pulled away and looked at me. “You're so cute, oppa.” and hugged me again. “What to do if I do it again?”


 

I'll punish you.” I told him to which she only chuckled again.


 

ARE YOU, TWO, RECONCILIATING OR DO WE STILL NEED TO HEAR HOW YOU WILL PUNISH EACH OTHER BEFORE WE CAN REALLY BE AT PEACE?” Jonghyun said at the microphone.


 

Junhee looked at me and smiled, “What's mine will always be mine no matter who will try to take it away from me.”


 

I love you. That will be the first and last time that I'll ever let you go.” I said.


 

I love you, too, and that will be the first and last time that I'll allow you to let me go.” She said.

 


 

// Thanks for being with me all throughout my ups and downs on this fic. LOL. Thank you for keeping it up with me.

//I created this fic the day before Onew's photos with Jungah were released in the internet. I thought I wasn't going to continue this anymore because I was depressed (LOL-ing hard right now), but thanks to you guys, I was able to come to the end. 

//If you don't want to miss me then better go to Jjong's fic now, Still You. See you there. XD

//Give me one last comment for this one before I let you go. XD

//To Onew, the crazy being that I love: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YOU ON THIS FIC, YOU ONLY DESERVE ALL OF THEM. HMP. SERVES YOU RIGHT. LOL