1st day on training

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

Heart beating fast. I felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness. This would be my first day as an official SM Trainee. I couldn't help but feel worried if everybody would like me at first – or if I would make a good first impression to them.

 

I walked myself inside and went towards the room the staff gave me through an email last night. She said that I will meet my co-trainees with our first mentor on that room.

 

“Annyonghasaeyo~” I greeted as I entered and saw some people around my age lining up in horizantal. The mentor hasn't arrived. Thank God I'm still early. “Hello, nice to see you.” I greeted and tried to be as friendly as possible. Some of them smiled back – while some were obviously not as friendly as I thought.

 

“Oh? Kim Junhee-ssi?” A guy approached me and he was smiling widely. “You're Kim Junhee, right? Kim Jonghyun's cousin?”

 

I smiled, but without any warning, he took my hand and shook it eagerly. He looked too excited and I had no idea why.

 

“Waah. This is daebak. I didn't know you're going to be a trainee here...” He paused. “That probably explained why you were always with Onew sunbae! He's mentoring you!”

 

I figured out he was a SHINee fanboy and he has been following SHINee ever since debut when he was just about 13. He said it was actually SHINee who gave him the inspiration to audition and be known as an Entertainment icon.

 

“I've seen a lot of your pictures on the internet and I find you really pretty.” He praised me and I was so surprised. I didn't know I have a lot of pictures on the internet. I mean.. I always go on line but... I don't see them. “And congratulations on your graduation!” He added to which gave me another shock again.

 

Are you sure you're not a stalker? I wanted to ask but that would be weird so I just smiled and nodded.

 

The next person who entered the room made us all in silent and in awe. Is Krystal Jung of F(x) going to be our mentor? She was stomping her feet heavily and was frowning, a guy was following her while we were silently watching.

 

“Soojung-ah...” He called but Krystal ignored. “Soojungie...” He called again and Krystal made a quick turn while she looked so annoyed at the guy.

 

“But, oppa! Why do I need to do a training like this again?!” She said.

 

“Just for 2 months, Soojung-ah. That's the request of the president before giving you a major acting role. Just 2 months!” He said.

 

“Yoona unni, Sulli, Minho oppa and others took a lead role without doing this training. Why must I do it?!” She crossed her arms.

“Because you are going to work with these people soon.” The manager must've felt it was inappropriate to say it there in front of us so he smiled awkwardly before continuing. “Come on, Soojung-ah.. okay... just be with them for a month, and then I'll pull you out after that.” He tried closing a deal with her but she rolled an eye.

 

“I supposed managers and those who aren't a trainee aren't allowed here?” A lady suddenly entered the room. She has a faint smile on her face while looking at the manager and he chuckled shyly.

 

“I'm going out.” He playfully raised his hand and looked at Krystal, “Be good.” He said, smirked at the other lady and walked out.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes again and stood in front of me. “Aish...” She whispered to herself.

 

The old lady clapped for us to pay attention. “Before we start, I would like to welcome all new trainees here on SM Entertainment. May your stay be filled with lots of new learnings and skills that you will use in the future when you enter the industry.” She smiled. “I am Shin Sung Hye, your mentor for Image Forming Class.”

 

Image Forming?

 

“You are here to learn how to deal with the society during interviews, variety shows, and other TV guestings. You know, there is a list of things that you should and shouldn't do on camera, and here on my class, we will try to hone you as role models on television. Are you excited?”

 

“Uh...” Krystal nodded sarcastically – still whispering to herself. “So they are putting me in this image forming class, huh?”

 

She probably noticed that I was looking at her so she looked back. Krystal threw an angry glance at first but later on the irritation on her face vanished. “Are you Jonghyun oppa's cousin?”

 

I heard from an article before that Krystal and Jonghyun oppa are really close though I never had the chance to meet Krystal in person – until now. I nodded. “Kim Junhee.” I introduced myself.

 

“Okay ~ So I'll see you again in 30 minutes, just make yourself comfortable around each other first.” Mentor Shin smiled and left again.

 

“Oh, you are Kim Junhee! I heard a lot about you from oppa!” Her face suddenly became cheerful and excited. “I've been asking him to make us see each other, but he always refused because he thinks we'll team up against him!”

 

I chuckled. She looked nicer that what I thought. “Don't call me unni, sunbae or anything. Call me Soojungie and I'll call you Junhee. We're friends now, alright?” She said and clapped. “Gosh. I can stay on this class now!!!”

 

It was awkward at first, to be suddenly close to her... but I think we can be good friends in the future.