But Still

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Kim Jun Hee POV ***

 

This whole mentoring thing is surely for publicity only. Truthfully, I think 12 hours in front of the camera being streamed on an internet site is too much. It's like entitling the majority of the fans to watch over their idols everyday without missing an blink of an eye.

 

But maybe this is really for the sake of the new trainees – so we can get more exposure and get famous easily. But aren't we pestering the other idols? It seems to me that we are riding and using their popularity for our own sake – which is not good actually.

 

But one time I remember Jonghyun oppa said, not everything in this industry is reality. Sometimes you need to fake something and use someone just to appeal to the viewers. I guess I understand now, and truth be told... I need this as well.

 

Our head mentor gathered all 10 trainees together to announced about the start of the mentoring program. She handed each of us a piece of paper while talking.

 

At around 8 am tomorrow morning, you are going to meet your camera crew here and then you will be dispersed to meet your respective mentors on their schedules. At exactly 10 am, your stream will be live on the site and everything will be covered by your camera. Some changes made, you can have at least 8 hours of live streaming and if there's nothing that important worth covering, then your camera director can decide to stop recording and you can go offline as early as 6 pm. However, if there are some important things you and your mentor are doing, then you can use the whole 12 hours straight.”

 

We looked into the paper that she was giving.

 

You basically need to cover at least half of what is written on that paper. Of course, you need to introduce yourself to your mentor. They will need to introduce themselves to you as well. Get to know each other and don't stick to listening. You have to talk and not let yourself be overshadowed by celebrity mentors.”

 

She looked at us with warning. “Let me warn you.In every group, there's always that one member who hungers for popularity and screen time. They will try to be as much as possible interesting so they can steal the spotlight from you. Remember that the main character on this program are you – not even your mentor. So don't make yourself look like you are just their guest.”

 

After she was done talking, I read all the stuff that was written on my paper. The time, the meeting place, and the address of our destination for tomorrow is located there.

 

The location... no. This isn't true.

 

I raised my hand in hesitation and she looked at me, “Excuse me, Ms., but... can you tell us who our mentors are?” I asked politely.

 

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me, Kim Junhee!” She took another piece of paper from her folder and looked into it. Here:

 

 

Han Myung Soo – SJ Ryeowook

Jang Il hoon – SJ Kyuhyun

Baek Han Kyung – SJ Sungmin

Lee Soo Tae – EXO Suho

Choi Seung Hyun – EXO Kris

Kim Mae Lin – SNSD Taeyeon

Jung Seo Ha – SNSD Jessica

Park Tae Ji – The Grace Dana

Han Sae Na – F(x) Victoria

Kim Jun Hee – SHINee Onew

 

Eh?!” I literally wanted to cuss the moment I heard my mentor. I mean, out of all the possible mentor, why him?

 

Is there any problem, Kim Junhee-ssi?” She asked.

 

Uhm, I'm just wondering why... I am the only one with a male mentor.” I said. “I mean, guy trainees get guy mentors. Girl trainees get girl mentors but... my mentor...”

 

This was just given to me by the staff after the meeting they had with the mentors, and I'm not sure why but probably it's because of the imbalance count of boys to girls of mentors and the trainee. However we arrange it, there will always be a pair of opposite genders here.” She smiled at me, “Is there any problem with that?” She asked.

 

If you don't want your mentor then we can happily switched with you.” The other girls told me and I heard them giggled. “SHINee Onew is a heavenly mixture of hotness and cuteness. I will definitely have a good day everyday if he can get to mentor me!” One of them exclaimed excitedly.

 

But the head mentor pointed us with her pen. “One rule: No switching. I don't want to be scolded by the higher office. Stick to your mentors and enjoy their company.” She said in finality.

 

Last question ma'am...” I raised another hand and gathered myself to ask. I realized she was already raising an eyebrow towards me. “How did they get to match the mentors to their trainees?”

 

She shook her head. “I'm not so sure, Kim Junhee.” She paused for a while and then a faint smile appeared. “I thought you will like this arrangement since Onew ssi is almost always with the SHINee member. Isn't Kim Jonghyun your cousin? And I thought you were close from them since you were very close with your cousin.”

 

Yeah... but... but still...