This is nothing?

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

I sat up in the middle of the night after endless turns and flips because I couldn't sleep properly. It's almost 3 in the morning, and I think I've been spending the last three hours doing nothing but forcing myself to sleep.

 

I kept on thinking about Onew ssi's reason of doing all of these things to me. I just wanted to figure out why he do the things that he do, and why he wants to do them. We're not even that close in reality, and besides, we were enemies, or if not, at least he knew how I dislike him.

 

Perhaps... he's trying to befriend me? Does he feel the same way as how Jonghyun oppa feels? That both of us should be close since he and oppa are close to each other as well? But why did he change suddenly? He was just mean to us a couple of weeks ago and now he's really indifferent. It was just strange and I wanted to figure out why this is happening.

 

...maybe because he felt sorry and apologetic after I confronted him on their dorm that day?

 

He might have probably realized his fault and wanted to show me he has reflected on it already? Well, yeah... that can be... since I have proven myself that he is not that bad afterall.

 

...or maybe he started liking you?

 

No. That is not possible. That can never be. Lee Jinki will never like me as a girl, because you see, the girls that he dates are those someone with face and... body. I should stop thinking about that possibility.

 

And like what Jonghyun-oppa said... I need to be careful not to fall for him. While the rest of the girls fall for him, I should always guard myself and make sure I feel nothing about him.

 

Nothing.

 

And yeah, I feel nothing.

 

I don't hate him.

 

I don't like him.

 

Just neutral. Nothing special. I must keep in mind that he's the one person I will need not to fall in love to. Onew ssi is a dangerous person – and I don't want to look stupid about liking him when he won't even look at me in the first place.

 

Now, Kim Junhee... it's time to go back to sleep and forget about Onew ssi for a while. He's not worth it. Go on and have a sleep. You still have school tomorrow.

 

And as I said, I flipped over my bed and tried to sleep as much as possible.

 

*** ***

 

“Junhee-ah... what happened to your face?” Umma asked me the moment she saw me that morning in the dining area. What happened to your face? I got dark circles around my eyes because I lack enough sleep.

 

I am not used on sleeping so late and having less than 8 hours of sleep. That's one thing that I always look into – that I should, at least, get proper amount of sleep.

 

And since I slept at around 3 am this morning only to rise at 6 am, I only had three hours of sleep when I should've been sleeping since 10 pm last night. I lazily took my breakfast and had some hot chocolate before going out. Lack of sleep made me a bit incoherent and disoriented.

 

Anyways, Onew ssi will take me to school, so I guess I'll have a bit of sleep while we were on the way.

 

As I went out, Onew ssi was already outside with his car. It was not locked so I opened it and freely entered. He was talking to someone that moment so I just sat there quietly, waiting for their conversation to end.

 

“Uhm, maybe I'll see you at around 8:30?” I heard him say in a sweet seductive voice. He was probably talking to a girl. His flavor of the month, maybe. “Deh ~ see you.” After hanging up, Onew ssi looked at me and smiled. He probably noticed I was looking at him the entire time that he needed to explain himself.

 

“It was Park Chorong. She kept on texting me about meeting her and since I have some time today after bringing you to school, so I agreed to see her.” He said.

 

“Oh...” I nodded and looked away. You don't need to inform me about what you do, especially if it involves a girl... like really. Why bother telling me?

 

“Oh.. wait. What did you do last night?” He asked after staring at my face for a bit. “Were you studying all night?”

 

“Oh.. yeah.” Thank God he mentioned about studying. I suddenly had the reason why I acquired these dark circles. Of course, I can't tell him I got these dark circles because I kept on thinking about you last night and it was you who made me wide awake, Lee Jinki. “I have an examination later at 11 am so I stayed up to study.” I even added, though, there was really no examination later.

 

“Oh... I see.” He nodded and looked at me again. “Don't do that again. If you want to study, I suggest you to sleep really early and wake up the next morning to study. It's better than staying up late all night. You won't remember anything if you study while you feel so sleepy.” He told m and smiled. “Sleep over study. Remember that.”

 

Was he right?? Choose sleep over study?? Oh.. this person, teaching me something I can't even consider right. But anyways, he still has the point... though, there's really no point telling me that since I am really not used on sleeping late due to school work. I do them earlier so I won't need to do an overnight with it.

 

“Onew ssi... can you slow down a bit so I can sleep for some short while?” I asked him and he nodded immediately. He reached for the backseat and handed me this cute neck pillow.

 

“Use that. That's a fan gift on my 23rd birthday.” He said. “I always have that since it's so boring to wait for Key while he does shopping so I often sleep inside the car.”

 

“Oh.” I said and quickly wore the pillow around my neck. It has the same scent as how Onew ssi smells – like a scent of a cool water.

 

Good thing he was considerate enough to slow down a bit for today. He even adjusted my seat so I can be comfortable with my position.

 

As I opened my eyes, I found myself still inside Onew's car but also inside the school premises. “O-Onew-ssi?” I called when I noticed that he wasn't there on his seat. “What time is it... oh my gosh, it's already 10 am?!!” I flinched on my seat and immediately opened the door of the car. Oh Gosh, Onew ssi, why didn't you wake me up?!! I am so gonna kill you once I see you later !

 

It was weird when I got out of the car, all of the students were gathered on the stage. I didn't know that there will be a program here in our school today.

 

I walked towards the stage and, “Junhee-ah! Junhee-ah! Why did you just arrive! Oh my ! It's almost over!!” Minyoung shouted as she and Seoli were running towards me.

 

“Why?! What happened?!” I asked cluelessly.

 

“Onew oppa held a guerilla fanmeeting here on our school! Gosh! We weren't informed about this, were you?!”

 

Guerilla Fanmeeting? Today? Here? Really?

 

“Thank you very much, Shinjae highschool!” It was Onew ssi's voice speaking on the microphone.

 

“Ugh. It was over. You weren't able to take a glimpse of how he sang alone!!” Seoli hit my shoulder in regrets.

 

A lot of fans were following Onew ssi but he was being escorted by some guards towards his car. There was no manager, no other members, but just him, without his makeup on and his natural hairstyle, and his clothes that he was wearing when he picked me up more than 2 hours ago. He looked a bit far from being the SHINee Onew.

 

“He sang old songs ~ and apologize that he can't sing their songs since it's for a 5 member group. He also said he will bring the others later once their schedule will be empty. He jokingly said that he visited because he wanted to hold classes until 10 am.”

 

Hold classes until 10 am?

 

“But the professors and the principal really adored him so much so they immediately fixed the stage for him to perform. I heard there was no pay, and the staff were clueless of how he was suddenly here.” Seoli told me.

 

And then I saw Onew ssi coming closer to me. He smiled, patted my shoulder, and slowly leaned in to whisper to my ear. “Classes resume, dongsaeng.” I heard his small chuckle and as I looked at him, he winked at me before heading to his car. Few minutes later, the car flew away.

 

“What did he say?” Minyoung asked me and I looked at her – dumbfounded.

 

“Classes resume.” I whispered. I took out my phone to call him but realized his number wasn't saved on my phone. I had to text Jonghyun oppa to forward to me his number.

 

Once I got it, I called Onew ssi.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“It's Junhee, Onew-ssi.” I said.

 

“Oh, Junhee-ah. Is something wrong? I'm still on my way to the dorm.”

 

“What did you do here?” I asked.

 

“Oh. That. Just... had a little fun. I visited my fans in your school. There were lots of them, Junhee-ah! Even your teachers are my fans!” He chuckled and seemed very excited on the other line.

 

“Why? I mean... why so sudden?”

 

“It was on my plans to hold a little showcase there.” He uttered. I didn't believe him.

 

“With your Lee Jinki look? No make up? Casual clothes? No hairstyle?” I asked back. It made him in silence for a while. As much as I didn't want to ask this... “Did you do it so I can have longer sleep?”

 

“Uhmm...” He murmured. “But I had fun. So much fun. Your schoolmates are really warm welcomers. Hey, go to your class now. Classes were resumed as soon as I left.”

 

“What happened to you meeting with Park Chorong? It was supposed to be at 8:30. Don't tell me you ditched her?”

 

“Can't help it...” Onew ssi uttered and I could almost see his I-don't-care-about-her shrug. “There are some other things to pay attention to rather than Park Chorong I guess. Okay, I'm hanging up now. It's not so good to talk over the phone when driving. See you.” He said and immediately hanged up.


// so we have a very dense and clueless Kim Junhee here, I guess. LOL