Private Property

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

// hmm.. this is because I am so happy and proud of our boys today. LOL. Hey, Typo is inevitable (an excuse of a writer who never rereads), so please understand. XD 



 

***Kim Junhee POV***

 

Junhee-ah?” I felt Ilhoon sitting beside me while looking at me. We were inside Super Junior's practice room with the other trainees whose mentors were Ryeowook and Sungmin sunbaenims. “Are you okay?” He asked.

 

I nodded but didn't answer. These past few days, I wonder why I was suddenly losing my mood towards the stream. There was one time when the head mentor called me up to ask why I looked so not interested during broadcast. The staff unni also told me to talk a bit more just as what I was doing before.

 

On the other hand, Jinki oppa never texted me again after that one message that he sent three days ago. He promised me that he would keep me posted about what was happening to them in Japan, but it seemed like he forgot about me as soon as he woke up after telling me he'll take a short nap.

 

I sighed. The other trainees looked at me and I smiled awkwardly. These days, I seemed not to be on track. They all wondered why, but neither I knew why I was like that. SHINee was supposed to return to Korea today, but I haven't received any message from him saying they're back – or maybe, he forgot about me again – and will only be reminded about my existence when we see each other.

 

But truthfully, I felt weird when he suddenly left my side. I never felt as comfortable with him while I was with Kyuhyun sunbae. There was this unexplainable feeling that I might just mess up the whole thing – that's why I stopped talking so much.

 

Junhee-ssi..” The staff unni called me and handed me her phone. “It's the head mentor on the other line. She wants to talk to you.”

 

She's probably going to scold me. With a bit of hesitation, I answered the phone. “Yoboseyo?”

 

Are you ready for an appearance?”

 

Uh..” I stuttered to think for a while. “Onew sunbae and I haven't talked about it. Maybe when he's back in Korea.”

 

No. I'm not talking about the special stage.” She uttered. “The PD from Choi Siwon's drama called me and they want you to appear as a guest character for an episode or two.” She said and there was a hint of excitement on her voice.

 

Wow. Is that true?” I said out of excitement and she giggled. “Wow. Thank you! Thank you very much!”

 

I was too happy about hearing the news. It was thrilling – coz without me knowing, I was immediately being casted as a guest character on a drama. The other trainees asked me about the news and I told them humbly – gaining both praise and envy from them.

 

Yah~ Junhee started smiling again.” Ilhoon teased and elbowed me lightly when I got back to my seat and watched SJ rehearsed again. I only looked at him and smiled again. I couldn't say anything.

 

I should do well coz this will really determine how long will I need to stay as a trainee. Thinking deeply about how I should prepare, my phone rang. I checked on it and saw Jinki oppa's name registered on it. He is calling! “Excuse me.” I said and stood up to keep some distance from them before answering the phone.

 

Miss me?” Jinki oppa said on the other line which immediately made me frown. After not texting me for 3 days, you're asking if I miss you? What are you, really?

 

I don't.” I answered to make him a bit upset – if he was expecting me to say I miss him.

 

Aww. That's sad.” He answered and his voice sounded like he was disappointed. “But I miss you.”

 

How could you say you missed me when you didn't even text me for 3 days?” He told me frankly that he missed me, I should tell him directly as well that I didn't like the fact that he didn't dare contacting me.

 

You were not thinking of me, so I allowed you to enjoy on your own.” He said and sighed. “By the way, are you still in SJ's practice room? I called Kyu hyun hyung and he told me you're with them.”

 

Yes. I'm still here.” I answered shortly.

 

I'm here at our practice room. Can you see me for a bit?”

 

You're the one who wants us to see each other so why don't you make the effort of getting me here to talk to you?” I told him – annoyingly.

 

I need to talk to you privately. Just the two of us. Please. I'll wait for you.” That and he immediately ended the call.

 

I need to talk to you privately. What does he need to tell me that we really need to talk in private? Somehow, this is making me a little scared. What if... nevermind. I went back and asked permission from the camera director.

 

Who was it?”

 

Onew sunbae.” Oh I should've lied. What if they ask more?

 

You need to see him now? Can't he go here by himself?”

 

There is just something he needs to tell me. I'll be back after talking to him.” I said and I got weird gazes from the other, but still, the camera director allowed me so I immediately went out before they change their minds.

 

There, on SHINee's practice room, I found Jinki oppa alone. He was lying down on the floor looking at the ceiling. “What are you doing? Did you make sure the floor is clean? You're shirt is white! What if it gets dirty?” I couldn't help but remind him all those things because he practically just looked like a kid who didn't care of getting any dirt from the floor.

 

He chuckled but didn't get up. He just looked up at me and I looked down at him. “I missed you nagging at me like this.” He told me and chuckled again. “Do you know how much I like you?”

 

What?” I was dumbfounded with what he suddenly said.

 

Finally, he got up, standing to face me completely. “I said... do you know how much I like you?”

 

As if I was trapped by his sudden gaze locking up with mine, I shook my head. He sighed and paused for a while. I felt my heart beating abnormally fast while he was looking at me. We were so close to each other.

 

Let's see...” He started. “You are the first one I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last one I think about before I sleep at night – sometimes, you're in my dreams, too. I don't like to be in such complicated relationship but when it comes to you, I am willing to overcome everything just to understand you. When I know I can't get something easily, then I stop myself from wanting it, but despite Jonghyun's constand disagreement and protest about liking you, I still pushed myself so I can get close to you. I am not comfortable of liking someone seriously but because of you, I'm willing to try and eventually take a risk. I am not the type to get jealous and insecured but because of you, it felt like I suddenly want to protect all the things that I own coz they will suddenly be taken away from me if someone ever got the chance.”

 

I was speechless. He was basically telling me the things I never expected him to say. “Your mouth. Close it or I might kiss them.” He said while gently lifting my chin to close my mout. I wasn't aware my jaw dropped already. “I know this is too early to tell but I swear I have never felt this way to anyone before. I'm 99.9% sure that I love you.”

 

I blinked my eyes several times. “W-what?”


“I'm 99.9% sure that I love you.” He repeated and laughed. “Seriously, this is like the dumbest but coolest thing I've done in my life.”

 

But why not 100%?” I suddenly asked.

 

Well, maybe if you say you love me, too... that will be 100%.”

 

Without thinking any further, I reached for his neck and wrapped my arms around him for a tight hug. Since he was a lot taller than me so I had to tiptoe in order to reach him. “I don't want to lose another chance of telling you what I feel – or else, I need to get extra courage to admit what I feel for you soon.” I said and whispered closely to his ear. “Love me 100%.”

 

Say it.” Jinki oppa said.

 

I love you.”

 

Again.”

 

I love you.”

 

One more time.”

 

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. Stop making me repeat it coz I really love you.”

 

He looked at me again and for some good seconds we stared into each other's eyes. “Honestly, I thought I'll know what to do next when you tell me you love me, too... but right now, I simply don't know what to do.”

 

Me, too.” I replied and giggled. We were so stupid about this kind of thing, but we weren't awkward at all. That was the first time I ever admitted to myself that I love him, and unlike what I thought would scare me, I felt really comfortable while telling him about how I feel.

 

Again, we stared for few seconds until I realized his face coming closer to mine. Before I knew it, he planted a kiss on my cheek and I didn't have the opportunity to protest.

 

But screw it Junhee, admit that you like that kiss!

 

What did you do?!” I asked acting like I was pissed off. He only smiled.

 

I'm sealing my property with a kiss.” He smirked and looked at me. “Because of you, I discovered that I can easily get jealous. So starting from today, you are exclusively mine.”

 

I half smiled and decided to do what he just did. I kissed his cheek which shocked him for few seconds. “I'm only sealing what's mine, too.” I told him but oppa frowned.

 

You've sealed me already. How many times did you actually pretend as my girlfriend because you were guarding me from Park Chorong?”

 

I blushed and punched his chest lightly. “That wasn't counted!” He captured my hand and held it tightly, pulling me closer to him for another hug.

 

Ah..Finally.” I heard him sigh and whisper, which made me smile as well.