Session with the President 1.2

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Lee Jinki POV ***

 

Is this for real? My son asking me about how to know if a girl likes him?” Mom chuckled on the other line as she heard what I asked the moment she answered the phone.

 

Umma...”

 

Come on, Jinki-ah. We all know you're quite confident around girls. You know very well if they like you or not – or if they don't, then you always find a way for them to like you.”

 

But she's different, umma. She's so confusing, and she won't make me read what's on her mind... and she's not like anybody else.” I told her.

 

That's a good news!! At least Jinki finally found that someone who can get him on his knees.”

 

I'm not doing that, umma.”

 

You'll see, hun. I'm sure you'll get there.” And again, another chuckled was heard from the other line. “Anyways, if you still don't know if she likes you then read through her eyes.”

 

Her eyes?”

 

I know immediately how you feel whenever I look at you.” She told me. “They say eyes are windows to your soul. The sparkles on her eyes and the way she looks at you say a lot about what she feels inside.”

 

And that's, how I figured out.. that there's an eighty percent chance that Kim Junhee really likes me. But I really want to hear from her. I long for that day when she's gonna say she likes me. I think that will feel really good.

 

Now, we're here, standing together while waiting for our turn for the activity lead by President Lee Soo Man. This old man really comes with a lot of random childish activities. But it's fun, though it's funny that at his age, he still likes to lead these kinds of activities.

 

And about Junhee, I'm not as confused as before, though I must admit I am still not that confident.

 

You figured out that day that you are pregnant. It has become a big problem since your boyfriend has recently broken up with you and he flew to U.S completely leaving you in South Korea. You couldn't think of anything else to do but tell your parents and ask for their help.” Taeyeon read.

 

Woah... the situations are like this?!” EXO Kris exclaimed with a completely surprised expression. LSM nodded satisfyingly, but as I noticed, Taeyeon's hoobae suddenly became nervous and in panicked.

 

We all choose one by one and Junhee was the one who picked for us. “Read it.” I said.

 

You heard about this person who is said to be spreading a lot of maliscious rumors about you. You intended to keep silent because you don't want to start a fight but eventually reached the point where you can't stand it anymore because the rumors has been affecting your everyday life.”

 

Good enough.” I told her. “This is the usual you anyway: confronting, pointing finger, and yelling to someone.. I don't need to coach you, yes?”

 

Yah!” She seemed a bit pissed off and rolled her eyes.

 

See? That's exactly it.” I told her and chuckled. Really, I don't think I need to worry about her because for sure, she'll do very good.

 

“Excuse me, President but can we change?” Suho suddenly raised a hand interrupting the on going activity. “I don't think this is appropriate for the two of us.”

 

But.. there's exactly 5 situation for each of you. I asked 5 managers to write one each.” LSM said. “Why do you want to change? Can you read it?”

 

Suho nodded. “The person you really like confessed to you but you didn't believe about it and eventually turned him down. However, days have passed and you realized that you like him, too and didn't want to regret not telling him about your feelings. One day, you just had the good chance to confess to him about how you feel.” He stopped, “Two guys doing this will be really awkward, President.” He said – almost blushing.

 

If someone's willing to switch them with yours then it's fine.”

 

Only Onew ssi and Junhee ssi can do that since they are the only boy-girl pair.” Taeyeon uttered while chuckling. “That was a cute situation. Whose manager wrote that?”

 

Indeed cute but sounded really familiar. I think I have encountered the same situation before...

 

I looked at Junhee and she was looking down – embarrassed. For sure we were thinking about the same thing.

 

Hyung...

 

I looked at him who was behind me and he quickly looked away, trying to avoid having eye contact with me. I knew it... “Such great imagination, hyung.” I commented and he tried to ignore.

 

Just take it.” Kyuhyun hyung said and the others followed along. I looked at Junhee.

 

We can't do anything about it. It's okay.” She said but I knew she was really against it. I took the paper and exchanged it with what we picked.

 

Are you sure this is okay with you?” I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

 

You have it already... and it's really okay.” She said and walked away. I thought she was mad so I followed and sat beside her on one corner.

 

I'm really sorry if this is-” She raised her palm towards me making me shut up.

 

I said it's okay... don't worry. I'm just preparing for our turn.” She said. After some minutes, I hear a soft groan coming from her. What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?” She repeated while talking to herself.

 

Are you okay?” I asked.

 

I don't know what to do. Really, I have never been in the situation.” She said. She was obviously panicking. I only chuckled and decided to help her out.

 

Can you hold my hand?” For some seconds she looked at me. I smiled. “I'll help you with this.”

 

Though she looked hesitant, she slowly placed her hand on mine. I shook my head and took the initiative on interlocking our fingers together. I held her hand tightly, and gently placed my other hand on hers.

 

I like you.” I told her while looking at her eyes – making sure she feels every bit of what I want her to feel. “You never trusted me, but whether you believe it or not, that's the truth. I was hesitant about my feelings as well, knowing how you were never my ideal type, and yet you still managed to grow in me, and that's something I couldn't control – or maybe I don't want to control.”


“Jinki-oppa...”

 

You don't know how happy I felt the first time I hear you calling me that, and I'll wait until I hear it again.” I told her. This is nerve wracking. “Wow, I never thought I would actually get to say this to a girl for real. But honestly? There is just something about your smile that always makes me want to have you mine.”

 

Is this for real or are you just helping me gain my emotions so I can act really well later so LSM will praise you for being a good mentor?”

 

I can't help but laugh at her suspicion. Here we go again, my ever so guarded Kim Junhee.

 

Don't talk. Don't doubt. Just feel this.” I say and tightly held her hand again. “Or if this is not enough...”

 

I let go of her hand and spread my arms wider – giving her a gentle but warm hug. It was a hug I've never done before. It was a hug full of care while worrying that she might actually feel uncomfortable and violated.

 

She didn't move, and for some seconds we stayed that way until I heard her talk. I felt her chin moving on my shoulder on though it was ticklish, i really like how it felt.

 

Everybody can see us.” She said but the fact that she wasn't trying to get away from me really made me happy.

 

Look at Kyu with his hoobae fighting. They are just practicing...and that's how they see us as well. They probably thought we are practicing.”

 

We are not practicing?”

 

This is not practice.” I told her, “This is experience – and we're doing it in real life.”

 

She didn't speak – and I wasn't aware of how she reacted. I just hope it was a good thing.

 

After a while I let go of him and patted her shoulders to cheer her up. “I know you'll do really really good so relax.”


// I died.  By the way... I'm enjoying some anonymous question so if you have time and want to have some fun, you can drop some questions here and I'll answer quickly. LOL. I just enjoyed it a lot... and don't forget to drop me some comments as well! >.<

Say hi to the mentor: