Buy one take one

Note to Self: Don't Fall

  My nap was disturbed when I hear the ringing of my phone. I looked into the screen and saw that it was Seoli calling me on the other line. It was around 6 pm. After arriving home at around 4 pm this afternoon, I decided to take a nap for a while.

 

Deh?” I lazily clicked the answer button and put the phone next to my ear.

 

You seriously are the hot topic these days, huh?” Seoli said and mockingly chuckled.

 

Why?” Seriously, I don't know what else can netizens say about me. I think they have given me all sort of comments since the first time I got my own name involved in the news. What's more?

 

Uh... they probably figured out about me being an SM Trainee. So what's so big deal about that? Are they going to say something like I followed Jinki oppa there or some sort of I'm such a clingy girl who don't want to let go of SHINee Onew?

 

Oh seriously... I have seen those comments on the articles about me in the past. But seriously, I will prove to these netizens someday who I can be. I am going to prove to them that they are very wrong about judging me like this. They'll see...

 

You really don't know?”

 

I wouldn't ask if I know.” She chuckled on the other line. I'm not sure if she really find it funny or she's just teasing me. “What? Tell me.”

 

Well, all I can say is that... I am really envious of your Tiffany & Co. bracelet.”

 

What?” I automatically raised my right arm and found the bracelet beautifully hanging in there. How did Seoli know I have a T&Co bracelet when we haven't seen each other since Jinki oppa gave this to me. “How did you know about this?”

 

Since you have couple bracelets, that probably means both of you are really dating. I mean... you can't deny it now, can you?”

 

Couple bracelets?” I was seriously clueless of what this girl was talking about. Couple bracelet? Who? Me? And whom? Why?

 

I rose up and immediately reached for my laptop thinking I could find whatever Seoli was telling me there. Few minutes later, I found this article with my photo that was probably taken just a while ago when I was about to leave the SM Building.

 

SHINee's Onew wears a couple bracelet with Kim Junhee

 

What? Couple bracelet? With him? But... I wasn't aware about that. As I browsed the article, I found out that SHINee left to Japan today and during their departure, fans captured his photos to which he was seemingly wearing the same bracelet as I have – that one that he gave me as a graduation gift. I looked closely and examined that bracelet on his right wrist.

 

Actually, it really looked the same. It's just that, Jinki oppa's bracelet is bigger in size than mine.

 

 

This Tiffany & Co. couple bracelets have a unique T&Co. Design that can only be purchased in pair. The buyer can engraved special character such as letters on the circle plates which can make these bracelets unique, special, and only for the couple.”

 

Engraved? I looked at the circle plate that was on my bracelet and found this LJK that was written in English letters.

 

LJK? Should I call Jinki oppa to ask about what these english letters mean? LJK? L … J … K... ? I was about to dial oppa's number until I realized that he was out of the country.

 

Oh right... I can't contact Jinki oppa now.”

 

Jinki... JK.

 

So, LJK means Lee Jinki? Or am I just thinking too much?

 

I decided to just look at the engraved letters again and even traced it with my finger.

 

LJK … Lee Jinki. Is this really one of the couple bracelets he bought? And... the other one being that bracelet he was wearing? But why? Why does he have to buy... a couple bracelet?

 

Junhee-ah... Let's eat dinner.” Mom knocked twice before talking.

 

Yes, mom. I'm coming!” For now, let's ease this thing on my mind and get some dinner before having a complete rest.

 

But I just can't stop thinking about it even if I tried hard not to. The thought of having couple bracelets with Jinki oppa hangs me in confusion. Mom seemed to notice that I was not at ease. So as soon as we finished dinner, mom joined me in the kitchen while I was washing the dishes.

 

So tell me about something that is disturbing you tonight.” Mom smiled at me sheepishly.

 

What mom?”

 

Come on.. I know something's up... You can tell umma.”

 

I was reluctant to tell umma about it, but eventually... I gave in. I told her about the couple bracelets that I figured out in that article.

 

So you mean, that graduation gift is actually a couple bracelets and just now when he left, he was wearing it already?”

 

That's what was written in the article.”

 

So Jinki ssi really likes you?”

 

I was taken aback at first but I eventually answered, “That was not written in the article umma.” Mon chuckled, and then she patted my back.

 

What if I tell you there is really this big possibility that Jinki ssi likes you?” I looked at her – trying to figure out if she was joking or not. “Why? Don't tell me you don't feel it? Girls instincts are really strong. Sometimes when you feel someone likes you, then it turns out he really does.”

 

Well... I don't know.

 

I don't think he likes me, umma.” I told mom. “Like... I think you believe in me so much to really think he can like me.”

 

Why not? You're pretty and talented, and you have such great personality.”

 

I made a sound. “But mom! He is not the ordinary guy next door!”

 

You're not the ordinary girl next door either! Yah! Kim Junhee! I raised you well and beautifully! Don't you dare belittle yourself!” She pouted cutely and acted like she was disappointed. I smiled and shook my head. “But honestly, Junhee-ah... you don't really believe he can like you?”

 

Umma. I'm sure you don't want to see me disappointed sooner or later.” I chuckled. “Never, umma. Never will Jinki oppa like me. Never. Please. Just... never.”

 

Mom nodded as if she was already raising her flag. “Fine. Fine. I'm lost.” She paused for a while before continuing.

 

I think Jinki ssi got that on a buy one take one deal.” She chuckled. “There was a graduation promo in Tiffany & Co. Once you buy one, you are entitled to avail another one for free. Jinki ssi happened to get one for him as a free gift from Tiffany & Co. He liked the style so he decided to wear it.”

 

I looked at mom and she looked back. “Right. I think that's it. So don't think too much about having couple bracelets... Jinki ssi's bracelet was given to him for free.” One tap on my back and she left.

 

It was kind of disappointing, though...


// Sorry for the late update.. but here it is!! XD Come on, give me some comments. Hahahahaha. :))