If the feeling is gone

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Lee Jinki POV***


 

I heard Junhee's drama will start the shooting today.” Jonghyun sat beside me and raised his feet resting it on the wooden table. He took the his laptop and placed it on his lap. I think her photos are out in the internet.


 

Oh.” I only answered. To be honest, I couldn't say anything. The last time I saw her was when I talked to her in her bedroom that night, and I think it was already 2 weeks ago. Few days after that conversation, I heard from Jjong that she has signed the contract and after some days, the official leads were announced and she will act alongside Kim Jiwon, Jjong's girlfriend, and EXO-M's Luhan. I didn't know how they did the casting, though.


 

The story was about a fresh graduate flight attendant who, on her first ever flight as a stewardess, experienced a trouble during a flight when a group of men held a hostage taking with the captain pilot as their hostage. The captain pilot turns out to be Luhan, and from then on, the two will meet and eventually a love story between the two of them will blossom.


 

Oh. This is genius.” Jonghyun uttered while looking at his screen. “Junhee is the only SM artist who gets to have a fandom name during predebut period.” I looked at him – curious. “Junhee fans call themselves 스디 (Seu-di)”


 

Seudi?? Why?” I asked. I thought of any reason why it was caled Seudi but really, I couldn't think of any reason at all. Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders but decided to search why they were called Seudi.


 

So eventually, they picked up some characters from the word 스튜어디스 (seutyueodiseu)”


 

As in stewardess?”


 

Yes.” Jonghyun said and started reading the article. “On one inside interview, Junhee said it was her dream to ride an airplane because she hasn't rode one, and this drama is like a dream come true because it will make her experience how to ride an airplane, not just once but for several times, and not just as an ordinary passenger but as a flight attendant. The fans thought this name because they want to be Junhee's assistant and helper into the plane, which will eventually take her up in the sky to reach her dreams and be as high as the stars.” He paused and looked at me. “Isn't it deep?”


 

I nodded, but deep inside I was wondering about how she was doing right now. Is she okay? Has she moved on? Was is finally okay for her to go on like this – without me? Half of me was disappointed – probably because I couldn't stop thinking about her, while Junhee on the other hand, seems to be very okay and determined to be there with her dreams.


 

This is what I want for her, but somehow I still feel sad and thought maybe it will be such a wonderful feeling if I'm there beside her as she drives her own plane towards the dream. No, because she was travelling so fast so she needs a jet plane or a rocket, if that's even possible.


 

Have you talked to her?” Jonghyun asked and I shook my head. “You never call her?” I shook my head.


 

That's better.” I whispered – though half of me always wants to call her and ask how she is doing. “It's better not to talk to her for a while, that way, she can focus on her work.”


 

While someone rots himself over here sulking because he misses his love so much.”


 

Yah. Kim Jonghyun. Stop teasing.” I chuckled but deep inside I was hurt. I wished I was there. I really wish I was there – with her.


 

Look. It's her photo.”


“I don't want to see.” I told and tried hard not to look at the photos.


 

Oh come on, I know you want to see this.” He said and insisted that I should see the photo. Eventually I did, and a beautiful flight attendant in her uniform appeared. I remembered that the first scene she filmed was in the airport. She's really into the airplanes. That's fate. She's really fated to fly.


 

Beautiful.” I said.


 

Obviously. She's so wonderful. She's very pretty.” Jonghyun continuously uttered with his neverending praise. “She is definitely my cousin.”


 

2 weeks of not seeing her and now I am seeing her like a real celebrity being stalked with her photos all over internet. It was a different feeling – and I started to miss her again, so bad.


 

I stood up. “Where are you going?” Jjong looked at me with confused expression.


 

Just somewhere. Hanging out alone.” I replied shortly.


 

Seeing someone? A girl?”


 

I looked at him with a funny expression, “You really think I can still date when that beautiful woman over there still has my heart?” Jjong made a weird expression and covered his mouth – trying hard to control his laugh. I shook my head, went inside my room to get change clothes and walked myself out of the dorm – going somewhere I don't actually know where.


 

Few minutes later I found myself on the same coffee shop where everything started. It was the same cafe where Junhee and I had our first huge argument. The place where she confronted me about dating her cousin's girlfriend.


 

I smiled when I saw the exterior of the restaurant. Memories of when we were pulling each other appeared. It was her stubborn self – which eventually led me into liking her – and loving her so much up to this point.


 

I wasn't covered with anything that can hide my identity. I'm wearing a cap, a simple white tshirt and faded jeans. I definitely looked like some guy who went out of house just to have some coffee break. I went in, and sat on the same place where I used to occupy everytime I went there.


 

It was 6 months ago, I think? Or probably even later than that.


 

Black Coffee.” I ordered and as I took my seat on the same place, I looked outside, still remembering those times, and the moments that happened later.


 

Lee Jinki ssi?” I looked up to greet the person but was surprised to know who it was. She was wearing a cap and a hoodie. It was hard to notice her at the first glance, but I certainly could notice this face that is very familiar to me.


 

She sat silently opposite me with a smile. I looked at her. This was the face I kept on missing just a while ago – and now I couldn't believe I'm seeing the same face in front of me.


 

Junhee-ah.”


 

This is the same place.” She uttered – though I can't understand why I can't read anything from her. She wears that usual smiling face with a mysterious aura. I don't know what she's thinking. I looked into her eyes – and it was very mysterious still. “I still remember how we fought because I thought you were dating Jiwon-unni. It was my fault. I didn't remember apologizing to you, now I think it's the proper time to do so.”


 

She looked so natural. There wasn't even any trace of her getting nervous in front of me. She looked so casual – as if she was talking to an old friend. An old friend – and it was me. I didn't say anything and just stared at her. She smiled – the smile which meaning I can't really read.


 

Thank you for doing that, sunbae.” She said. “Thank you for letting me go. I realized a lot of things because of that. Though I whined at first, I guess I really need to tell you that you definitely choose the right thing. I wasn't thinking straight because I'm too much in love with you, but now I can understand why, and you are very right.”


 

I felt like something's tearing up my heart upon hearing what she was saying. Basically, she was telling me she's moved on, and long accepted the fact that we are together anymore, and worse, she was even telling me I did the right thing of leaving her, and it seems like she was indirectly implying that her life got better when I went away. “Can't you say something?”


 

Do you still love me? Do you still feel the same?


 

I want to ask a lot of things – but I'm so afraid of figuring out the answers. What if she say no? What if they're all gone? I couldn't afford to accept that it was gone. I can't. Not now. Not this time.


 

I think I need to go. I just dropped by because I want coffee from here.” She stood up and smiled again. Her smile started to irritate me. It made me so frustrated and bothered. “See you around, sunbae. Please support my drama.” She bowed 90 degrees and ran to the counter to get her drink, and without looking back, she left the cafe and entered the van. Soon, it left – leaving me disappointed and... sad.


 

I should've prepared myself for this thing. I should've thought that this is really possible. And at least, Taemin's words of wisdom was a relevant.


 

Maybe just like a magnet, I distant myself a bit farther, and now the attraction was lost.


// One more chapter before, okay?! XD I promised to end the fic just before I go to sleep! :))