Ruined moment

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

//Fast update  ~ LOL We need to immediately get there.



 

***Kim Junhee POV***


 

Do you want some popcorn?” I asked as five SHINee members sat comfortably on the long couch in the living area while waiting for that drama to air. The director sent me a text message a while ago saying that today's episode will feature my character. SHINee, upon hearing that, rushed to our house to watch it together with me and my parents.


 

There is?” Taemin oppa looked at my with eyes sparkling bright. “You have popcorn, Junhee ah?”


 

Pabo. Of course, she's just talking sarcastically.” Key oppa hit his head gently and chuckled. “I'm sorry, Junhee ah, that we needed to watch the drama here at your place. You should immediately hear our assessment regarding your acting.”


 

What for?” Jonghyun oppa interrupted. “It's obvious Junhee can do anything. No need to assess, or do you want her to assess your acting skills instead?” Obviously, oppa was just boasting about me.


 

Jonghyun oppa and Key oppa started bickering with each other. They were arguing about how someone has more acting skills than the others. Jonghyun oppa even threw a pillow on Key oppa, causing the two to exchange hits and in the end, they looked like they were playing pillow fights.


 

Yah! Stop!” Jinki oppa, who was sitting at the corner, scolded the two. “Look! It's about to air!” He said and pressed the controller to raise the volume.


 

Umma brought some chips for them to eat and she chuckled when she saw the guys lining up on the couched as if they were kids waiting for their favorite anime program to air on TV. “These kids. I will definitely not agree that they are those cool guys I see on TV.” She said and shook her head while smiling. Appa and umma sat on the smaller couch on the other side of the longer one while I took the other one that was close to Jinki oppa.


 

I somehow felt embarrassed of having to watch this with the guys and my parents. I hoped I really did well.


 

Woah.” The first episode immediately showed me walking out of the airport with a bright smile on my face. “You look so pretty, Junhee-ah!” Minho oppa commented.


 

Then my older brother in the drama appeared and I ran to him and hugged him tightly. He lifted me up and turned around with me up in the air. “Oppa! I missed you so much!”


 

Yah!” Jinki oppa pointed at the screen and looked at me. “Why did you hug him?”


 

It was in the script!” I answered back and hit his finger that was pointing at the screen. “Don't get jealous over little things, Jinki ah.”


 

He looked at me and pouted, “Stop being so informal and casual, Kim Junhee.” He whispered and I only stuck my tongue out. He rolled his eyes and went back to the monitor.


 

The next scene was I and the oppa inside the coffee shop having some chat together. “Aigoo~ Look at that pretty face.” Jonghyun oppa said.


 

So why are you here?” The oppa asked.


 

I'm going to ask Onew oppa to date me.” My character, Han Sun Ye, said. Oppa hit my head and I rubbed it as I looked at him with a funny begging expression. “That hurts, oppa!” I whined.


 

You fly all the way from New Jersey just for him? He won't even notice you. He is an idol. Yah. Han Sun Ye. What is really the reason why you're here?”


 

I'm going to stop you seeing that girl. Whoever she is. Hye Sun unni is better than that woman. You need to stop this joke, oppa, and just return to unni.”


 

Great. Great so far.” Key oppa clapped his hands and looked at me with his thumbs raising up.


 

Was it also a part of the script? That you want to date me?” Jinki oppa looked at me with a happy and overwhelmed expression.


 

It was a part of that script and take note: It was Han Sun Ye who wanted to date you. Not me.” Again, he pouted as he stared at back at the monitor.


 

Silently, we started watching the rest of the episode. I realized I really had a lot of screen time though it was just for one episode. It was like, I keep on appearing every from time to time and it felt like I had the entire episode in my character.


 

That was so great, Junhee-ah.” Umma commented after the program ended. “You looked so professional. I bet all the audience liked your appearance.”


 

I hope so, too!” I answered. We chatted further about how I did in the drama until my phone rang.


 

Kim Junhee ssi, this is from the president's office.” The voice on the other line said. “President Lee Sooman is requesting your appearance on his office as soon as possible. He said he'll wait for you in his office.”


“Oh? Okay. I got it. I'm going. Thank you.” I said and ended the call. I stood up, “I need to go. The president wants to see me.”


 

Why?” Appa asked.


 

I don't know. I think I'll know when I get there.”


 

Jinki oppa stood up, “I'll take you there.” I nodded and both of us immediately left the house.


 

*** *** ***


 

I'll just sit there. Go inside and talk to him.” Jinki oppa said as he took a seat outside the president's office. I looked at him and he nodded. “Go. He didn't ask for my appearance so that means he only wants to see you.”


 

Feeling a bit nervous, I still opened the door and walked myself inside. “A-Annyonghasaeyo.” I greeted despite being nervous.


 

Oh. You're here, Kim Junhee. It's good that you come.” He said and asked me to sit down on a seat at the receiving area. “I didn't forget to watch the drama's episode today because I knew you will be appearing.” He said. “As what I expected. You did great. And you know what? We checked on the ratings and they got 3% higher than the last week's episode. That is a huge increase. The PD called me, and wanted to thank you for your appearance.”


 

Aigoo, thank you very much. I just did what I have to do. Thank you very much, President.” I told him and kept bowing.


 

Your stage performance with Onew ssi in Music Bank. It was great as well and I heart a lot of fans praised you for your singing skills. It's great, Junhee-ssi. I like that you're working really hard for this.”


 

Thank you for giving me those opportunities, President. I wouldn't be able to do any of them if it wasn't because of you.”


 

You deserve those things.” He said and smiled. “You deserve to be there, and I'm proud you were able to prove me right.” I smiled again to what he said. “However, we don't stop from here.”


 

What do you mean?”


 

He immediately placed an envelope on the table directing it to me. “Open it, and read it carefully.”


 

With full of curiosity, I opened the envelope, and figure out it was a contract. An agreement of me starring on a drama produced by SM Entertainment, as the lead actress.


 

Lead?!” My eyes widened and I was too surprised about what I read. “P-president.. are you sure this is...”


 

Yes, that's yours.” He told me with a proud smile. “I'm giving you the lead role for the upcoming drama SM Entertainment will produce. It was originally for Krystal, but I have a feeling that it will overlap with their overseas schedule so instead of F(x) performing as four, I asked the director to choose someone else. He said you are the strongest candidate, along with SNSD's Yoona.”


 

Wow. I was actually in line with her. A great sunbae.


 

I want a fresh face, and I know I won't regret this. So I'm giving the role to you. That means... welcome to the industry, Actress Kim Junhee.”


 

When he called me actress, I felt really overwhelmed and happy. Finally. This is my debut. As soon as I accept this role, I will be an official actress soon. This is such a dream come true, a chance to prove myself even more. “Are you willing to accept the early debut that I will give you?”


 

It's my pleasure, president. Thank you very much.”


 

But there's one thing I want to be cleared about.” He said and I looked at him – ready for whatever question he will throw at me. “You are not in a relationship with Onew ssi, are you?”


 

That question made me speechless and unable to talk immediately. His voice sounded like he was against it – and I'm scared that he will get angry once he knows the truth. Of course, I am fully aware of how the strict the company is when it comes to idols dating.


 

If you tell me the truth, I am not going to take away the role from you.” He assured. “But don't expect me to tolerate. I think you will be forced to break up with him.”


 

What?! A break up on a relationship that hasn't even lasted for a month?


 

But...”


 

Look Kim Junhee, I know you have so much to give into the company, but remember, you haven't even started officially, and I want to treat you as fair as others. You are not yet in the position were you have proven yourself. You're just starting... and I think it will be better for you to focus on your career.”


 

I can handle both.” I told him with courage. “We can handle it together.”


 

So you are admitting your relationship with him.” He said and smirked at me. “I am not taking anymore reasons from you. You need to break up with him.” He looked at me. “Your dreams are at stake here.”


 

But what if I said no?” I told him again. The president was quite taken aback with my sudden burst of attitude. However, he kept calm and just pressed the intercom connected outside his office.


 

Contact Onew ssi and ask him to come to my office. Now.” He said while looking a bit angrily towards me.



 

// I bet you're mad at Sooman, for spoiling up this lovely couple's relationship. So Onew.. are you gonna say 'no' like what Junhee said - or eventually just give her up? Hmm~ Need to catch some sleep now. Let's see on the next update!