The next big thing

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Lee Jinki POV***


 

Annyonghasaeyo, Annyonghasaeyo.” As soon as we arrived at the set, Junhee happily greeted everyone. She was smiling brightly though I know she was really nervous deep inside.


 

Annyonghasaeyo, Kim Junhee. I am Director Kang and I am the director of the drama. I'm very glad you accepted this small invitation from us.” Director Kang smiled happily at Junhee. I know him from some variety show before where he used to take part in. We often greet each other whenever we cross ways.


 

Annyonghasaeyo, Director Kang.” I decided to approach the director and greet him properly.


 

Aigoo~ Our kind idol is here. You're here to guard Junhee-ssi are you?” He joked and I was speechless for a while. Guard... “You're such a great mentor, Onew ssi. It's good that someone as good as Junhee got to be with you. Anyways, please groom Junhee for a while.” He called his staff and some noonas took Junhee to dress her up for the set. “Manager-ssi, you can sit beside me and let's watch them together.” He joked referring to me being there during Junhee's first shooting.


 

I sat beside the director's chair and looked at Junhee who was being groomed at the other tent. She looked at me and a nervous smile appeared. I nodded, assuring her that she's going to do well in the taping.


 

Basically, Junhee will act as a teenager who came from States to visit her oppa, the male lead in the story. She will eventually learn about his relationship with the female girl but won't agree because she's close with her oppa's relationship. However, in the middle of the episode, the female lead will talk to her and she will soon accept her oppa's relationship with the girl. She'll return to the States by the end of the episode.


 

Wah. I knew she would look this beautiful.” I heard one of the staff at the back uttering. I was busy texting some people on my phone. A lot of there were worried about us not going home last night. I even just finished calling Junhee's mother telling them that we're fine. I didn't forget to tell them what really happened so they won't worry.


 

I looked up, only to find Junhee standing on the corner waiting for the filming to start. I was in awe. I knew she's very beautiful but I had no idea she could get any prettier. The makeup emphasized her pinchable cheeks and her cherry-like lips – showing out a very cute yet beautiful and lovely image. I think I sounded too biased right now, I should just take her photo and show it to the members later when we meet.


 


 

After taking her photo, my phone suddenly rang and was surprised to know it was LSM's number appearing on my screen. What's so surprising, for sure he'll gonna scold you anyways.


 

I want you in my office.” He said in a very authorititave manner. I knew it. I knew what was going to happen next. I stood up and fixed myself. “I'll go for a while director. Please take care of Junhee for now, I'll send someone to replace me later.” I told him and he nodded.


 

Junhee's gonna be fine here. Go and do what you gotta do, but tell her first you're leaving.”


 

I went towards Junhee and he smiled nervously to me. Holding her hand tightly, I smiled the warmest. “I need to go. Lee Sooman's calling me. I'd rather go now or else he'll call us both later.” I told her and again, that worrisome face appeared. “You'll be fine. You've read the script with me in the car so for sure you can handle it really well.”


 

Okay. Take care.” She said softly to which I nodded. But before I went ahead, I winked at her and gave her a good smile.


 

You're so beautiful today. Don't look at everybody too much for they'll be captivated by you.” I chuckled, pressed her hand tightly for one last time, and left.


 

*** *** ***


 

So tell me what happened last night.” Lee Sooman immediately started interrogating as soon as I got into his office. I was standing few inches away from his desk, just staring at him as he attended to some papers he needed to sign.


 

We fell asleep at the practice studio and weren't able to hear any of the calls because they were in silent mode.”


 

He looked up meeting with my gaze. “So nothing really happened?” I frowned and shook my head while trying to figure out what he meant. “Are you sure Lee Jinki? You didn't take advantage of her?”


 

President, do I really look like I can take advantage of her?” Funny, he nodded as if he was very convinced about it. “Krystal and Luna toldme both of you looked like a mess when you went out of the practice studio.”


 

Uhm.. of course. We were too exhausted to even sleep beautifully, and when we woke up, Junhee's gonna be late for her first shooting day so we weren't able to fix ourselves properly.”


 

The maintenance staff told me he saw the both of you hugging and you were just about to kiss her.”


 

Man, I thought that ahjussi won't tell anything.


 

I hope you're not doing anything weirdly, Onew ssi. Junhee is going to be an asset in the company sooner or later. To be honest, we are receiving lots of call for her to appear here and there, but since she's still a trainee, so we are not exposing her too much.” He told me, stood up and faced my eye leveled.


 

I have lots of plans for Junhee. Yes, I never discourage relationship between labelmates, but Junhee's still fresh. She hasn't even debuted yet. Do you think it will be good for her if she debuts with the idea in the fans' mind that there's something between the two of you? Tell me... are you two together, like for real?”


 

I didn't respond immediately. In this situation, there's nothing you can do but tell a lie. “We're not. I probably like her, but I don't know about how she feels.”


 

Don't go to that extent of being in a relationship with her.” It sounded rather an order than a suggestion. “It will ruin her soon to rise career. I'm telling you, and by the way... I think I should tell this to you as her mentor. The drama that is supposed to be starred by Krystal, if her appearance and her special stage on Music Bank gives very good response from the audience, then I'm going to make her the leading star.”


 

My jaw dropped open as soon as he said that.


 

I told you my girlfriend's going to be the next big thing.