Going serious...

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “I'll just drop Jiwon at her apartment and you guys should go ahead and wait for me at the dorm.” Jonghyun oppa pulled Jiwon unni closed to him as they were acting really cute inside our house. I understood their behavior since these two don't really have the time to be together for a long time. They always need to make the best of their time while they were with each other.

 

“Fine, Fine, Jonghyun hyung. Take your time with Jiwon ssi.” Minho oppa chuckled and threw a teasing look toward the two. “Come on, Kibum-ah, Taeminnie.” He went to the driver seat while the other two entered their respective seats inside.

 

Minho oppa waited for Jonghyun oppa and Jiwon unni to leave before they left. Key and Taemin oppa even opened their windows and waved at me before they were completely out of my sight.

 

I sighed. I didn't know this day would be extra special with all these people gathering to congratulate me and be with me on this celebration. Except that... maybe, there's really no such thing as a complete day.

 

“Tired?” Umma asked as I entered the house and let another sigh – still thinking of that missing something to definitely complete my day.

 

And suddenly I asked myself, when all the things seemed to be perfect and all that you need was right there in front of you.. why does someone always seeks for something that is not around ? Why do we always try to look for that something that was never there within our reach? Why is it not enough to appreaciate what's there?

 

Maybe because... what's missing is actually that something we consider important – that one precious thing we need to finally say that yes... our day was very complete.

 

I shook my head and sat on the couch. “I just a feel a bit sad this day is over.” I told umma. “It would've been better if this day won't end.”

 

Then suddenly, the doorbell rang. Umma and I looked outside at the same time, and then I heard a small chuckle coming from her. “I think this day isn't over yet.” She told me and left to go to the kitchen.

 

It must've been any of them who left something in here. I looked around to see if there were any valuable things someone might probably forgot. Before I could find anything, I heard another doorbell.

 

“Aish.” I stood up and walked myself to the gate.

 

My heart skipped a beat when someone unexpected was there as I opened the gate. “J-Jinki oppa?” I asked as I saw him standing there with a smiling expression at his face.

 

He looked at his watch and then back to me. “It's 7:45 pm on my watch. Few hours left before this day ends, so I can still greet you with Happy Graduation Day!” He said lively and with pure excitement. Along with his greeting is a small rectangular blue box that he was holding out toward me.

 

“What is this?” I asked in confusion. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

 

“That's my graduation gift. Why don't you open it and see if you like it?”

 

“Do you want to go in and let's check your gift inside?” I asked, a bit worried that someone might see him if we stayed a bit long outside. He nodded and we entered the house and sat on the couch together. Umma saw him and immediately prepared some foods for him.

 

“You arrived when everybody else left.” Umma said as he put down the foods on the table. Oppa just smiled and nodded.

 

“Should we check that then?” He looked at me and then to the blue box. I nodded and started opening the box and a silver bracelet welcomed my sight.

 

 

 

I was speechless. It was something I didn't expect to receive on a graduation day, and.. it looked expensive. “I was thinking of what to give you until I happened to stop on a shop and saw that. It reminded me of you so I took it immediately.” He said excitedly as he took it out and voluntarily put it on my right wrist. He lookef so satisfied when he locked it on me and even lifted my arm a bit for a better sight. “Just right. It looks really good on you.” He praised.

 

“Are you sure you're giving this to me?” I asked to which he only nodded.

 

“I was about to go here and meet with the others but if I give you that while the others are around, then they might tease you and you might get uncomfortable – that will ruin the mood of your day so I decided to stay out while they were still here.”

 

“You waited?”

 

“Yeah. Waited for them to leave.” He chuckled and took a slice of cake instead. “Don't tell them that I went here at this time, and you don't have to tell them I give that to you. Knowing those guys... and... Jonghyun might start heating up again and it can probably give him a reason to be more strict towards you.”

 

He looked at me – or rather stared. “It isn't really a burden for me to meet you sometime, right?” To what he said, I immediately shook my head and smiled. He smiled back but then gave out a sigh. “This is what I don't like about being serious and all.”

 

“What don't you like about it?” I asked – not really understanding what he said. He made another sigh.

 

“I'm a laid back person and I seriously just do things one day at a time – without planning much, but going serious like this... It's hard to take every detail into consideration and you have to move accordingly. Ahh.. so difficult.” Though I don't really understand what he meant about that, I just nodded and smiled considerately. 


// yeay! Stepped into chapter 20 ! Special mention to orio-Shi for being the 143rd person who commented. LOL. 143 is a good number, lehh ~~ Hehe. :>