Oppa approves

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Kim Junhee POV***

 

I fidgeted while waiting for SHINee to finally finish talking to the other guests and to the host and staff of the show. “How was it, Junhee-ssi?” The staff unni said while we only stood there.

 

Deh?” I thought I didn't hear it clearly.

 

The recording, how was the experience?” She asked.

 

Oh it was good. I learned a lot.” I said to the camera and smiled. “I think I have to some personal experiences that I can share when I go to shows like this in the future.” I chuckled.

 

I noticed Jinki oppa looking at our direction. When he saw me looking at me, he gestured for me to go there with the other idols and guests. I shook my head and smiled. I am too shy to even introduce myself to them.

 

Oh, I think Onew ssi's calling you.” The staff unni noticed. “Let's go!” She and the camera director went to the stage going toward the sunbaenim's direction.

 

Sigh... I guess I really need to follow.

 

Oh hyungdeul, noonadeul, I want to introduce to you our trainee from SM, Kim Junhee. She's going to debut as an actress anytime soon.” He uttered excitedly.

 

I smiled and greeted them with brightly. “Nice to meet you all, sunbaenims, I am Kim Junhee. Please look forward to me in the future.”

 

Wow she's really beautiful.” If I'm not mistaken, he was Doojon from B2ST. I just smiled. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

 

Yah, Doojon-ah. Not her.” Jinki oppa said seriously. Doojoon threw a disappointing look and then he smiled and nodded to me again.

 

He's even worse than I am.” Jinki sunbae whispered as when Doojoon left us. “When you debut and become an actress, you must watch out for those celebrity pretending to be good, sweet, and pure – but in real life they're not.”

 

Are you talking about yourself?” I joked but he frowned so I my back and walked returning to the camera director.

 

Yah. I was only like that before!” I chuckled when I heard him defending himself.

 

Few minutes later and I was with all the members already. I was sitting on the corner silently. Actually, I love seeing SHINee being with each other and chatting happily. I was listening to them while they made fun of Jinki sunbae talking about a childhood story his mother told him years ago. “Like hyung, I bet you're still reading that book.” Jonghyun oppa joked which made other members laughed.

 

Suddenly, I remembered that we still had to act as if we're husband and wife.

 

Why don't you join them, Junhee ssi?” The unni asked again so I looked at the camera.

 

Well, I'm contented like this. I've always wanted oppa to be this talkative especially to his dongsaengs, and I like it when he's laughing with them. I don't want to spoil their moment together.”

 

I was looking at the camera that I didn't notice Jinki sunbae coming toward me. I only realized it when I felt hands gently pressing on my shoulders. “Oh... oppa...” I looked up meeting eyes with him. He smiled gently.

 

He looked more handsome on this angle when he's looking down at me.

 

Are you bored? I'm sorry. I should've paid more attention to you right after we finished filming.” He said and sat right next to me.

 

It's okay. You can continue talking to them.” I told him.

 

While we were talking, one unni walked in while holding some pieces of tangerines. He gave two to sunbae and the rest to the members. “Thanks.” He said as he took those. I've heard he likes Tangerine. It was pretty obvious since he started opening one right after receiving them.

 

Let me peel it for you.” I said and took them from him. He was about to protest but it was too late since I already have them with me.

 

After peeling it, I divided it into two and fed him half of it. His eyes widened but his mouth accepted the big part of fruit.

 

That was too big!” He said but it came out so unclearly because his mouth was stuffed with food. I chuckled and saw how bloated his face suddenly became. He was too cute.

 

Oppa! You're so funny!” I told him while I chuckle a bit louder. He took the half on my hand and was about to feed me with the same size but I stopped his arms. He laughed and focused on eating everything because it seemed like he was gonna throw all of those if he didn't stop laughing.

 

The juice of the fruit spilled a bit on his mouth so I wiped it with a tissue while I still laugh, “Want another half?” He shook his head agressively and I laughed again.

 

Yah ~ Look at the couple over there.” I heard Minho oppa teased. “Yah! Can you not show us how sweet you guys are?”

 

Jinki oppa's phone rang. It was a call from the company.

 

They're asking me to go now to the office for the meeting with the mentors.” He stood up and put his phone back to his pocket. “I'll call you later after we're done, okay?”

 

Go ahead. Take care.” I smiled and he gently touch my nose with his index finger. Not long after that, he left with one manager.

 

Okay, SHINee. You can go back to the dorm but dance practice at 12 am, okay?”

 

12 am practice? Isn't that too late or... too early? It was just 4 pm anyways. The members stood up and stretched out for a bit.

 

Jonghyun oppa looked at me, “Are you doing something, Junhee-ah? Maybe we should have some ice cream.”

 

I looked at the staff unni and she smiled, “Sure. We'll go back to the company for the mean time and shoot Onew ssi regarding the meeting for the role play activity. We'll text you later if we need you.”

 

Thank you.”

 

*** *** *** ***

 

Your favorite flavor, as usual.” Jonghyun oppa sat opposite me at the table after putting my ice cream near me. “Wow, I miss doing this... these past few days you've been with Onew hyung and I'm kinda jealous.” He pouted and showed me his cute expression.

 

Aww... Oppa is really jealous.” I smiled genuinely at him. “I've never been jealous to you and Jiwon unni anyways...”

 

But Junhee, you have something to tell me, right?” He asked immediately changing the topic. “Come on, start telling me.” He said.

 

This is it, Junhee. You have to tell oppa.

 

Uhmm... oppa...”

 

Yes?”

 

Promise me you won't get mad at me or stop me from this?” I asked for reassuring. I hear his loud sigh before he could answer.

 

Come on, Junhee... the only thing left now is for you to tell me about it. I'm telling you I know it already. It's obvious.” He said.

 

I bit my lower lip. He knows... “You said that I should tell you whenever I start liking someone.” I started.

 

And?” Jonghyun oppa just stopped eating his ice cream and looked at me instead.

 

I swear I tried my best to stop myself from liking him but... I wasn't able to completely do it. Like you, I was more afraid that probably he was just joking around – and playing with me but oppa... I don't know but these past few weeks it felt like he was just being real.”

 

There... I've said everything that I need to say.

 

I tried so hard to think it was nothing – to think he might not actually like someone like me... I told myself not to believe no matter how much he tried insisting... but, I can't help it.. I just...”

 

You just started liking him, too?” Jonghyun oppa continued and I helplessly nodded. “Are you scared? Honestly speaking, Junhee ah.. tell me what are your worries right now?” I bit my lower lip. Should I? Should I not? “Okay, here's the thing.” Jonghyun oppa became more serious. “If he's someone that makes you really happy then I'm in no position to stop you, and also, I saw the changes from Onew hyung ever since you two became that close and... I think I don't have to worry anymore. As long as you give me my fair share of time with you, then I won't be mad and insecure of hyung.” He chuckled. “So now tell me... you still look like your having troubles.”

 

What if I confess to him and then suddenly, his feelings for me were actually gone.”

 

Jonghyun oppa laughed with what I said. “Come on, Junhee... Onew hyung almost mentioned your name a while ago while he was sharing something. I'm a hundred person he's still into you.” He said but my worried expression didn't change. “Okay... if you're still not comfortable about it then... i'll suggest something that you can do.”

 

I listened attentively as he tell me what I should do.