Check the script

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Lee Jinki POV***

 

Come and be my dream girl...” I hummed along to the music playing at the living area as I placed the food I cooked for breakfast. I arrived 7 am at home after spending the night at my parents house in Gyeongi-do. “Come and be my dream girl...” I sang again.

 

Then I heard a door opening. Seconds later and I saw Key walking to the kitchen while still rubbing his eyes. “Loud music early in the morning. What's wrong with you, hyung?” He said feeling annoyed but I just laughed slightly.

 

It will wake your body up. We need to work later tonight so be sure to have so much energy with you. Come on, Kibum. Take a seat and let's have our breakfast. It's already 9.” I said, grabbing his arm and leading him to the table. He sat without any protest. Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin came one after the other.

 

You look very lively, hyung.” Minho said while watching me even pouring cofee in their mugs. “Something weird probably happened for you to act extra nice this morning.”

 

I think I know.” Jonghyun took the mug and sipped a bit of it while looking at me. He smirked as he placed the mug down at the table.

 

Sshh...” I said placing my index finger close to my lips. The other three looked at me weirdly. They tried luring me into telling them what's up, but I didn't say anything. We ate breakfast loudly as they kept on teasing me while SHINee's music played in the background.

 

Key and Taemin took charge to clean up. As I just got up from my seat, we heard a doorbell. It's 15 minutes before 10. I supposed that's Junhee with the camera director already. Meanwhile, it was Minho who immediately went to open the door.

 

And yes. It was really Junhee with the camera director and the staff unni. I wonder how she will act after what we talked about last night.

 

Oh. Oppa!” Junhee exclaimed when she saw Jonghyun. “How's Japan?”

 

Japan's still the same. As if you've been there.” Jonghyun lightly pinched her nose. “I should be the one asking you that. How are you? Anything interesting happened while I was away?”

 

There is.” She said I saw her grinned towards Jonghyun. “But I'll tell you later!! … oh, sunbae!” Then, she looked at me and walked towards me. I was about to enter my room to change clothes and prepare while they were chatting but she stopped me and placed herself in front of the door. “I forgot to tell you something.”

 

I frowned a bit – estimating if the girl in front of me is my girlfriend or my hoobae. “What is it?” I asked – asking neutral.

 

I love you.” She mouthed and giggled after that. I was dumbfounded and unable to speak. “Come on change your clothes and KBS are asking us to go and see their representatives.” She told me but the first thing she did lingered to me still. She even winked at me before leaving.

 

Wow. This girl. Where did she gain all those courage to act like a playful girlfriend in front of me? Shaking my head, I entered my room to continue what I was about to do.

 

Hyung.” I looked at Jonghyun when he called me and he just lifted his eyebrows up and down towards me before entering the other van. He was probably telling me something. On the other hand, I entered the van with the camera director, the staff noona, and Junhee.

 

We only waited few minutes inside the van as we immediately arrived at KBS. Entering the company, I was surprised when Junhee held the hem of my shirt and walked while she had it in her hand. I looked at her. She only smiled.

 

I don't mind getting into controversy with this guy, like I've had lots of them already. It was surprising how Junhee didn't even care of being captured by the camera. She just basically did what she wanted. Not that I'm complaining, though... I'm happy that the wall between us was finally broken, and now I can really say that this girl over here is mine.

 

Annyonghasaeyo, please have a seat.” The representative said when we entered her office. “I'm glad Onew ssi went here with Kim Junhee ssi today.” She said.

 

I can't let her go alone.” I said shortly to which I smiled.

 

The director of the drama Take My Hand was really fond of you that he insisted of getting you casted even just for an episode.” She said and immediately handed some paper – that I prusumed was a script – to her. Oh wait, I wasn't informed of this.

 

Oh, de, oppa. I forgot to tell you about this.” She said while getting the script from the representative's hand. She called me “oppa” in front of everybody. What a shocker, Kim Junhee. “The head mentor called me yesterday for this.” She smiled and I nodded. Next time, you need to tell me about this beforehand.

 

Junhee noticed the look on my face so she chuckled a bit softly, handing me the script. “Oppa can read it first.” She said giving me all the rights to do so.

 

I did. I opened the script and carefully read it. “Wow, Mentor Onew sure does a very good job.” She commented after noticing how I keenly went over the script.

 

So basically... the point of this is Junhee's gonna act like a clingy girl over the guy she likes and will just pest the entire casts for one whole episode?” The representative nodded.

 

She would be like just a special guest so... yeah.”

 

Okay.” I handed the script back to Junhee. “It's okay.” I saw Junhee biting her lips trying so hard to control her laughter.

 

And about the Music Bank stage performance...” She uttered changing the topic. “It would be better if you go for a duet. Like, the trainee and her mentor special stage performance.”

 

There you go, Junhee and I eventually falling down to a duet together. Truthfully, I wanted to let Junhee own the stage. I want her to experience how it is to stand on stage that you can call your “own performance”. I don't want her to go around saying the performance was a success because of me. I want her to fell everything is in her success because she works really hard for it.

 

You can choose your own song and...” She was halfway speaking when her phone rang. “Wait, this is from the head office. I'll just take this call for a while.” She said and immediately left the room.

 

Jonghyun made me listen to this song and I think it fits you.” I said when she left. “Let's just sing it. It perfectly fits us.”

 

Really? You should teach me the song once we get back, okay?”

 

You should've told me about that drama appearance earlier.” I said immediately following the song suggestion. “Good thing I was still able to assess the script.”

 

Why do you need to assess the script? For sure it's good enough.” She told me and I shook my head.

 

What if there's a kiss scene? Or something intimate with a guy?” I held my fingers close to her and wiggled it. “That's definitely a no-no.” She chuckled and nodded.

 

I got it.”